Getting around Pattaya by motorcycle taxi

StayinThailand2much

Just now, Phoenix Rising said:

If you have internet on your phone I thoroughly recommend downloading the Bolt app. The price will be way cheaper than any regular motocy or metered taxi.

Was about to write pretty much the same. Using Bolt, I'd also choose a car. It will be a similar price to what an orange shirt (taxi MC) will want, but far safer and more comfortable.

You might want to step slightly outside of the bus terminal though, to avoid conflict with the normal taxis.

• Thumbs Up 2

56 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Was about to write pretty much the same. Using Bolt, I'd also choose a car. It will be a similar price to what an orange shirt (taxi MC) will want, but far safer and more comfortable.

You might want to step slightly outside of the bus terminal though, to avoid conflict with the normal taxis.

Yes Bolt can be a good option if you've got time to spare. I ordered a ride to the Bus station this Monday morning. First driver didn't turn up and the second one couldn't find the Hotel ! Time was getting short so I had to wave down a Baht Bus. B300 but glad to pay.

Agree with you on the Bus Station. On arrival the week previous we where given a friendly warning to walk a few metres from the entrance.

• Like 1

Friend uses baht bus shared from terminal every f/n 100baht to BigCX. No hassle just ask! 

1 hour ago, Woof999 said:

18 minutes ago, Seppius said:

I have found the MC guys at the bus terminal pretty straight, offer b60 should be fine

That's what I'd expect to pay for that journey by M/C or 50 Baht by shared Baht bus.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Like a very small lady drink?

Yes....the thimble it's called. Although that could be deemed a waste of valuable money if it didn't lead to coitus.

Edited by Denim
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Woof999 said:

And I find the BOLT app very easy to use and never had  problem re the pick up point.

Agree go for  BOLT car, safer and more comfortable.

Here in Chiang Mai BOLT 15 - 20% cheaper than GRAB cars and more prompt.

Good luck.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

If you have internet on your phone I thoroughly recommend downloading the Bolt app. The price will be way cheaper than any regular motocy or metered taxi.

Or Grab,  they have the Grab motorcycle option.   Bolt is a little cheaper and highly recommended though. 

Either way very cheap.

12 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Is that the one waiting at the bus station, then going along Beach Road and on to Jomtien?

Shared, ie, goes in a route to drop off at various spots. Dare say he goes back and does same next time.

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

i avoid them where possible mostly they try to overcharge 

I directly tell there where and say 50 baht... they know I am overpaying,  so no attempts to discuss.... I do seem to get the slow old guy on an old machine a few times too often!:passifier:

37 minutes ago, Henryford said:

What annoys me about motor bike taxis is that if there are 2 of you they charge double whereas a Bolt would be the same price for 2, or 3.

Here is a clue.... how many seats are there in a car, how many on a motorcycle? 

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I directly tell there where and say 50 baht... they know I am overpaying,  so no attempts to discuss.... I do seem to get the slow old guy on an old machine a few times too often!:passifier:

The slow old guy could be a plus.  I always choose an older motorcycle taxi rider - the fact that they have survived into later years suggests to me a lower likelihood of an accident.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Homburg said:

I always choose an older motorcycle taxi rider - the fact that they have survived into later years suggests to me a lower likelihood of an accident.

Or they just got fired from their previous job or released from a very long prison term and have moved cities for the first time and just started this new job!

All is not what it may seem at first sight!

????

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Confused 1

On 3/23/2023 at 3:56 PM, Phoenix Rising said:

App that same distance always costs me 100Bt, but one  guy tried to charge me 20Bt extra for carrying a case which I use for a cabin bag on my flights to the UK. He was told to get lost.

On 3/23/2023 at 3:56 PM, anchadian said:

When I used to reside in Pattaya many years ago it was B20.  Possibly more now.