Australian Resort Boss Murdered While at Work in Krabi

webfact

3 hours ago, nchuckle said:

But why do they still believe they’re special when mainly doing menial jobs and can plainly see there are plenty of others (especially farang) including women who are obviously more pecunious  and better educated? Are they totally delusional ? 

It is systemic. Parents favor boys, and tell them so. They end up feeling superior even though it is patently untrue. There is such an abundance of delusion within that favoritism. 

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Darksidedude said:

Have to be careful in Thailand, you need to know the mental state of whoever you are dealing with

What, interrogate staff husbands, get their criminal records etc....

Don't fink so....:cowboy:

1 hour ago, humbug said:

RIP to the victim

and you raise something that is overlooked

Male dominant societies exist in every non-rule of law country, the societies just hide behind Islamic Nationslism, Hindu, Budhism, Confucism, all varying ancient class systems, that some countries just fake and imitate rules based order bureaucracy, just to bring in Western Capital and develop an even stronger glass ceiling, using the fake bureaucracy to keep the masses under the strong glass ceiling, and turn them into low IQ imbiciles that sometimes go violently mad

I mentioned Confucism, because the Han Chinese class system is just as bad in how they treat women as the under class, just as the Islamic nationalists do, with a hugely corrupt society, and unlucky for the Thai's, as many are now in powerful positions, and like any autocratic regimes, hate and see the West as their nemesis

rule of law societies brings fairness to most of the people, no matter what the gender

So many foreigners come to live in Thailand or tourists, that they forget this could happen in many non-rule of countries around the world not just Thailand with low IQ, entitled or those gone mad locals

Thanks a socially more thinking analysis. (I do mine on Geography inc. Human Geography, as you might notice) but your take here, is a very good take on the beginning, (I think ? ) of the whole thing,

... But well do not forget that the Woman in Thailand do have more freedom, than in any other country that I know !!! ??? ... (That is why the sex industry is allowed to exist ! Because they have the Freedom, to participate IN it if they would like to, and I have seen a few Local cases where the Husbands get the Ultimatum ! ... Find the money for the Children's school ! ... OR I will ! )

So well this woman, probably would NOT be any where near Innocent either I would bet !!! ??? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

What, interrogate staff husbands, get their criminal records etc....

Don't fink so....:cowboy:

Well you would NOT ask the Cops, BUT you WOULD !!! Get your wife to ask the other workers or Locals !!! I think ? ... Well I would !!!

• Confused 1

Just now, Mark mark said:

Well you would NOT ask the Cops, BUT you WOULD !!! Get your wife to ask the other workers or Locals !!! I think ? ... Well I would !!!

Especially if I was having sex with her ???

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It is systemic. Parents favor boys, and tell them so. They end up feeling superior even though it is patently untrue. There is such an abundance of delusion within that favoritism. 

Try NOT favoring them !!! ??? ... 

1 minute ago, Mark mark said:

................and get the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.....????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Count the number of comments which include the rather meaningless RIP (can you not ' rest in peace when dead ' ? ) and they are few and far between. So,Bizarre to reprimand someone for not using it especially when this is a news forum . NEWS…not a book of condolences.

my prerogative

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

The attacker like most Thai male cowards, probably sitting at home drinking whisky while his wife goes out to make a living. Only to be beaten up on a regular basis there's not a real man amongst them 

Rubish. ... 

10 hours ago, Niteowl45 said:

Yeah, true, but stabbings are pretty rare here in Vancouver..... in thailand they're a daily occurrence, whether they involve foreigners or not.

I used to love Thailand but I kinda got sick of it lately. Too many issues. MIght go there on holiday again but not sure (also flights are a lot more expensive these days).

I still find their attempts to lure the richest foreigners pretty pathetic. I guess some idiots will go for it, but any millionaire with a brain should know that if you are loaded there are millions of better places than Thailand to spend your cash.

It's not an uplifting or inspiring place to live.

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There are an extremely limited number of rich tourists who visit Thailand, for a dozen valid reasons. They continue to attract primarily low to middle income Indians, Malaysians, and Chinese. Fewer Europeans and Americans and very few with real money. Rich tourists have alot of options, without ignorant luxury and wine taxes, dumb laws, and scammers. 

Having said that, Thailand remains a relatively safe place to travel. 

Safer than Latin America, definitely! But, I'd say, not as safe as many people assume.

4 hours ago, nchuckle said:

But why do they still believe they’re special when mainly doing menial jobs and can plainly see there are plenty of others (especially farang) including women who are obviously more pecunious  and better educated? Are they totally delusional ? 

"Totally delusional" is not humanity's natural state. "Totally delusional" arises out of specific social contexts.

Is the system of education and public debate in Thailand built around logic, debate, facts, evidence, and reasoning? Does it encourage anyone here to develop accurate perception?

4 hours ago, nchuckle said:

I do not think that this guy thinks he is special, He is probably Really REALLY put down, and knows it ! His wife probably puts him down as well.

He is just a social Mess, NO more heavy work for him to do, or defence, machines do it all now ... And if you are an Alcoholic you cannot drive either, so no truck driving either … Like he is just useless, and he Knows it which is why he is so bad about things !!! … And he has never been trained for another way ! So he has None.

I do not know ? I might get squiggly mouthed for this or worse ! … But well ... Everyone is talking about this like it is a Bad Thai man, killing a good white Australian in this case !!! … BUT well I most adamantly would like to know what the sexual status was between the white man, the Resort owners Husband, … and the Local married woman employee. ...

Like this will not excuse the husband ! But it Might offer us all a bit of an Education on How to Live ! ? … Or not live our lives ???Around here anyway.

(Well I had a Jordie side of the Newcastle estuary guy who I worked with out on the boats, tell me that it was just the same there also !!! Har Har !!!  … But well that is another story I think, that I will just have to leave out her also.)

… Have a nice day all … Beer O’clock !!! Time to go out and brave the Knives and pieces of wood with the Missus myself !!! …

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, mark131v said:

Did you get stabbed and slashed to death? apples and oranges...

And, if he HAD been stabbed and slashed to death in Canada, his surviving family would then be dealing with the Canadian justice system rather than the Thai equivalent.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Both?  What did the wife of the killer do?

Perhaps lie to her husband. 
It seems a bit far-fetched that someone would get riled up enough to travel there and stab someone to death over not LENDING an employee money, unless the wife gave him a story that put the Australian in a terrible light. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Why is he described as the Boss  yet the article stated that he was only helping the wife who is the BOSS?

Unless the Amity Treaty applies (only US cits and certain kinds of businesses), foreigners can't own (control) a business in Thailand. The majority shares must be held by a Thai national. So maybe the Aussie was managing the restaurant but his wife owned majority shares and therefore was technically the boss.

5 minutes ago, NextG said:

Perhaps lie to her husband. 
It seems a bit far-fetched that someone would get riled up enough to travel there and stab someone to death over not LENDING an employee money, unless the wife gave him a story that put the Australian in a terrible light. 

Yes, like she was sleeping with him for the money ??? 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, humbug said:

RIP to the victim

and you raise something that is overlooked

Male dominant societies exist in every non-rule of law country, the societies just hide behind Islamic Nationslism, Hindu, Budhism, Confucism, all varying ancient class systems, that some countries just fake and imitate rules based order bureaucracy, just to bring in Western Capital and develop an even stronger glass ceiling, using the fake bureaucracy to keep the masses under the strong glass ceiling, and turn them into low IQ imbiciles that sometimes go violently mad

I mentioned Confucism, because the Han Chinese class system is just as bad in how they treat women as the under class, just as the Islamic nationalists do, with a hugely corrupt society, and unlucky for the Thai's, as many are now in powerful positions, and like any autocratic regimes, hate and see the West as their nemesis

rule of law societies brings fairness to most of the people, no matter what the gender

So many foreigners come to live in Thailand or tourists, that they forget this could happen in many non-rule of countries around the world not just Thailand with low IQ, entitled or those gone mad locals

Regarding the western men who CHOOSE to abandon the rule of law countries of their birth, so they can live in male-dominated, non-rule of law countries... Well, back in the west quite frankly we are better off without them.

I call it self-selection into a suitable environment. People are attracted to whatever resonates for them. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, spidermike007 said:

I find that to be just the opposite. I love so many things about this place. Now, if you were talking about the US, I would agree. That place is depressing, predictable, monotonous, stupid overpriced, boring and stifling. Not here. Not for me. 

Used to feel that way about the west, myself, so I can empathise with that perspective.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark mark said:

Yes, like she was sleeping with him for the money ??? 

The one Thai girl who managed to inveigle herself into my life, told people that I used to hit her. I have no idea as to why she would do that, as not only did we not have an argument, but there was no money exchanging hands. 
I only knew about it when someone started rolling up their sleeves and walking towards me. She quickly got in between. Later he told me what she had been saying. 
Likely she got herself into a situation and then lied to the people around her. 

• Sad 1