Jomtien Immigration Renamed "The Gates Of Hell"

On 4/6/2023 at 2:00 PM, NextG said:

Not at all. I was there just a day or two ago for a 90 day report. Received my passport back in ten to fifteen minutes, if that. 
Didn’t go early nor have to queue for more than a couple of minutes in order to hand my passport in. 
Yes, there are quite a few obnoxious characters who work there(in particular one or two of the helpers and volunteers) but I make a point of being nice to them, regardless of how disgustingly obnoxious they might be. That’s about them, I don’t allow it to rub off on me. 

The 90 day report can be done outside, or like me do it online, but it's a different story for those that want to extend visas, get letters of residence etc. The last time I was there, around a month ago there was a queue of nearly 100 people, worst I've seen in 14 years.

• Like 2

How can using an agent be illegal if they have shops out in the open and advertise as well? How can a customer of these agents be liable? If the agencies are illegal, why aren't they shut down? Seems to me the governor of the province or the highest law enforcement agencies should be the ones liable. They appear to be the ones who enable this industry.

Are there any "legal" services agents can do?  Does the government raid visa agencies the same as they would a massage parlor or bar? 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 4:14 PM, Neeranam said:

Has anyone ever stood up for their rights? It is a free service. Report them to the hotline. Phone your local MP. 

I did this in Khon Kaen, when they had a tip box, and it was removed immediately.

The only tip box I saw in Khon Kaen was at the photo section where they didn't put up a price for photos or copies but rather left it "up to you".

• Haha 1

so the worst the service, the longer the wait, the more sending you back for yet more stupid copies this and that, the more come back tomorrow, the more yelling at people, the more chaos all around, the less fans, seating, longer lines.....then guess what?  More people use agents and more brown envelopes and gifts get passed to immigration officials to "assist" the agents with priority treatment.

A short look at the bank accounts and assets of a few of the bosses I suspect would reveal assets well beyond what their salary would justify.  Let's all just hold our breath til that happens.....

Maybe they could just skip the agents and have a line for..."bribes accepted here to skip BS"....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/6/2023 at 8:35 AM, Henryford said:

I have never had any problems at Jomtien immigration. Whether it's 90 day report, or visa extension or residence certificate i never wait for more than 20 minutes and the staff are polite and efficient.

Agreed.

But it is the traffic and lack of parking which takes the fun out of it.

The staff are great.

The customers are angry.

And yes, I take a motor bike taxi and then a baht bus.????????

On 4/6/2023 at 9:08 AM, scubascuba3 said:

I agree it's what i imagine hell to be like, you queue up for 2+ hours in the heat, no seats, then tell you to go home, we're closing, come back tomorrow and it repeats.

They need a troubleshooter person walking around helping falang outside, a friendly farang volunteer could do it

Yes. Working there must be hell.

I really feel for these people.

Probably bad that they bought the job.

Jomtien Office has outgrown its purpose.????????

A few weeks ago it said on a sign outside to wear a mask inside. However, several officers didn't wear one, so I quickly removed mine too. Nobody said a word, even a masked officer that served me at the re-entry desk. So it seems you can choose. Try it and see, no big risk.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Peabody said:

Yesterday, I observed a woman at window #1 do absolutely NOTHING  from 1520-1540. Just gazing around like she had sudden Alzheimer's. Called up one number at 1520, next number at 1550. One farang cracked, stood at window bellowing, "I waited 1 hour already. Why do I have to wait more?". Doubt he was successful that day. Another farang slammed his fist on the lip of the counter and stormed out after being told to come back MONDAY for his passport.

Yes, a deliberate go slow at that office now.

How nasty it is for all now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Agreed.

But it is the traffic and lack of parking which takes the fun out of it.

The staff are great.

The customers are angry.

And yes, I take a motor bike taxi and then a baht bus.????????

People can park in Rompole market and walk the 2 minutes 

to the immigration office.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

A few weeks ago it said on a sign outside to wear a mask inside. However, several officers didn't wear one, so I quickly removed mine too. Nobody said a word, even a masked officer that served me at the re-entry desk. So it seems you can choose. Try it and see, no big risk.

They even asked me to remove my mask - when the took the picture ????. But to be on the safe side better have one with you.

3 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Yes. Working there must be hell.

I really feel for these people.

Probably bad that they bought the job.

Jomtien Office has outgrown its purpose.????????

Nah,  just a load of lazy officers on a go slow

since the Covid pandemic.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/7/2023 at 11:36 AM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Gone downhill then. I've been considering moving back to Pattaya/Jomtien, after moving to Bangkok 4-5 years ago. Figured one of the bonuses was the ease of dealing with Jomtien Immigration compared to Chang Wattana. This has been a dose of reality. At least the agent fees are lower than Bangkok's.

I too am considering moving back to Pattaya from BKK but the posts here about Hell at immigration dissuade me.

We must have different experiences.

I do not use an agent.

For annual retirement extension at CW can book appointment online and not much waiting time.

90 day do online and usually no more than 3 days to get confirmation.

A few months back i was at CW early morning. Seen quickly .Got my Visa and then went to get re-entry permit.

All done by mid-morning.

The main problem is that CW is not easy to get to for most people.

Incidentally if live in BKK do not need to file TM 30 if leave to go elsewhere for a few days.

Can anyone tell me if u in in Pattaya and go to another Province etc do you need file a TM 30?

Thank you.

Edited by homeseeker

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not required. 

Assume you mean visit another province and return back to your place of residence.

Also not required for trips out of Thailand and back. 

You assume correctly: I appreciate the succinct and helpful reply.

????

18 minutes ago, homeseeker said:

I too am considering moving back to Pattaya from BKK but the posts here about Hell at immigration dissuade me.

There is more than one immi office in Chonburi, I use the one at Sriracha.

image.png.128ec9497835f63353c126b227df748b.png

image.png.98691d7c680b3dd5ab7eedf93281e3d4.png

This says it all, it's all a Façade.....

Nothing ever changes with Thai Immigration........

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

If you can't measure it, you can't manage it!

• Like 1