British man arrested for 'human trafficking' raid at bar in Thai resort as dozens of women are loaded into police truck

Social Media

4 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Sounds like a real barrel of laughs in there then  (not)!

It was, no one takes any notice of it. 

Another thing being, I once knew a girl in BKK who looked 14'ish, when according to her I'D card she was 31.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

It was, no one takes any notice of it. 

Another thing being, I once knew a girl in BKK who looked 14'ish, when according to her I'D card she was 31.

I wonder if that could be used in evidence as a "get out of jail free" card in a worst case scenario?  I mean how could one be expected to know ?     OK 31 / 14  is stretching it a bit,  but what about     17 / 20 ?   surely one could be forgiven for believing it was genuine?    Would one receive the benefit of the doubt?   Probably not

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Since when have massage/sauna businesses been illegal in the UK?

Any business that offers sex for money and has more then 1 person working in it is illegal according to UK law.

A single girl, operating alone is not illegal but if anyone else is involved they can be charged with living off immoral earnings.  Granted, it can be difficult to obtain a conviction - especially if the offender has a good lawyer but convictions do happen.

As long as there's no nuisance, the police tend to turn a blind eye to it but the old Winston's was really pushing it - being located where it was with flashing neon signage.

Edited by KhaoYai

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Still open and in business.

It most certainly is not. The name still exists but its now on Dewsbury Road and has been raided several times .  The old 'Winstons' that was at the end of the A65 was demolished.

A little research shows that the ownership has also changed several times.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

One of Thailand's most successful exports, with Thai girls working in 'public relations' in every large European city while also serving to encourage people to visit LOS to enjoy the company of those in similar employment.

Yes, right - I hadn't thought of it like that.  Sort of......err.........Ambassadors???

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I wonder if that could be used in evidence as a "get out of jail free" card in a worst case scenario?  I mean how could one be expected to know ?     OK 31 / 14  is stretching it a bit,  but what about     17 / 20 ?   surely one could be forgiven for believing it was genuine?    Would one receive the benefit of the doubt?   Probably not

It can sometimes be hard to know how old Thai people are, men or women. I think more so than falang people.

Edited by Andrew65
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

It can sometimes be hard to know how old Thai people are, men or women. I think more so than falang people.

I think Women are usually the most difficult to guess the age of, especially once the make up is applied

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I think Women are usually the most difficult to guess the age of, especially once the make up is applied

Still your responsibility to make sure they are old enough. 

Also a bad excuse when fooling around with young girls being an elderly man yourself.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

That's it I've told my wife  not bring my dinner and there is no way I am paying for her flight back to Thailand 

This year,

Just to say this this has caused a riot is an understatement she is phoning for back up!

There are three common types of human trafficking: the sex trade, forced labor, and domestic servitude

7 hours ago, AdamRich said:

That is because most people do not understand the definition of human trafficking. It is not saying the person is doing something against their will. It merely means the facilitation of a person from one place to another for the purpose of paid sex. So if the manager paid for a ticket from Isaan to Pattaya for a girl to work at the bar then that is human trafficking. If you paid a bar girl from Pattaya to go on holiday to Krabi with you, then that is also human trafficking.

@AdamRich I think there should be rethink then on the definition. 

I have seen that many of the girls working at these bars, are relatives of the bar owner/manager.. Maybe they are just there for a family reunion.  Helping Aunty out, so to speak. ????

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

Still your responsibility to make sure they are old enough. 

Also a bad excuse when fooling around with young girls being an elderly man yourself.

Not quite "elderly" yet but at 61 I'm  getting close, I've never really been one for young girls, had my share when i was a young lad myself, but even as a teenager  I soon learnt  that a successful "result" was far more likely with an older woman and more enjoyable. 

Obviously as I progressed through life my penchant for older women was obviously going to become  somewhat unsustainable but fate smiled on me when I met the mrs 20 years ago, she was a bit younger than me at 35, but hey, beggars can't be choosers 

I can sympathise with those who get caught out though, some girls at 16 can easily look 5 years older especially fully made up and dressed for a night on the tiles, How, for example would a punter be expected to recognise a fake Thai ID card, Why would he even suspect that  an underage girl was working in what he would assume was regulated licenced premises, He could ask the mamasan or even a passing policeman for a second or third opinion ,  but  even that would probably not help him if the proverbial hits the fan, 

It seems there is nothing anybody can do, that would be viewed by the authorities as having taken "reasonable steps"  to verify the age of the girl if she was subsequently discovered to be underage.

In some cases punters have been set up and have become the victims of blackmail, some of these girls are far from the innocent victims that they claim to be , regardless of what the law says, 

I doubt very much that the consequences suffered by the people that facilitate this are in anyway as severe as those suffered by the unfortunate few who get caught out, and that seems more than a little unfair. 

My mongering days are pretty much over, but should I ever be tempted, I have prepared a check list ! I'll be looking for a bit of grey hair, a few wrinkles, black teeth, and just to be sure, a well filled spittoon of red saliva as I've never seen a 16 year old chewing that.  Do you think I'll be safe?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Not quite "elderly" yet but at 61 I'm  getting close, I've never really been one for young girls, had my share when i was a young lad myself, but even as a teenager  I soon learnt  that a successful "result" was far more likely with an older woman and more enjoyable. 

Obviously as I progressed through life my penchant for older women was obviously going to become  somewhat unsustainable but fate smiled on me when I met the mrs 20 years ago, she was a bit younger than me at 35, but hey, beggars can't be choosers 

I can sympathise with those who get caught out though, some girls at 16 can easily look 5 years older especially fully made up and dressed for a night on the tiles, How, for example would a punter be expected to recognise a fake Thai ID card, Why would he even suspect that  an underage girl was working in what he would assume was regulated licenced premises, He could ask the mamasan or even a passing policeman for a second or third opinion ,  but  even that would probably not help him if the proverbial hits the fan, 

It seems there is nothing anybody can do, that would be viewed by the authorities as having taken "reasonable steps"  to verify the age of the girl if she was subsequently discovered to be underage.

In some cases punters have been set up and have become the victims of blackmail, some of these girls are far from the innocent victims that they claim to be , regardless of what the law says, 

I doubt very much that the consequences suffered by the people that facilitate this are in anyway as severe as those suffered by the unfortunate few who get caught out, and that seems more than a little unfair. 

My mongering days are pretty much over, but should I ever be tempted, I have prepared a check list ! I'll be looking for a bit of grey hair, a few wrinkles, black teeth, and just to be sure, a well filled spittoon of red saliva as I've never seen a 16 year old chewing that.  Do you think I'll be safe?

For a 20 year a 50 year or even a 40 year old man is elderly ????

I have not met a 18 year old or even older thai or asian who look older than she does, and she is normal built and have a decent look. 

Everyone know there exists underage girls in bars in Thailajd, and I can't see that as an excuse, they didn't know. You just can't afford to be that stupid, but still I have never heard about anyone been set up with a to young girl ever. At least I haven't met anyone, and I have heard many personal stories during my time what happend to them, and common for them all, it is everyone else's wrong, not them.

40 minutes ago, Hummin said:

For a 20 year a 50 year or even a 40 year old man is elderly ????

I have not met a 18 year old or even older thai or asian who look older than she does, and she is normal built and have a decent look. 

Everyone know there exists underage girls in bars in Thailajd, and I can't see that as an excuse, they didn't know. You just can't afford to be that stupid, but still I have never heard about anyone been set up with a to young girl ever. At least I haven't met anyone, and I have heard many personal stories during my time what happend to them, and common for them all, it is everyone else's wrong, not them.

Well I have heard such stories, although admittedly not first hand . I doubt that anyone who was unfortunate to have been in that situation would be hanging around here (even if it was possible for them to do so)  long enough to specifically  inform you. But obviously if you haven't been informed personally  then it must surely never have happened.

For a 20 year old, a 40 or 50 year old would be around the same age as their parents,  most people would not consider their parents at that age to be "elderly" that would be an adjective used to describe their grand parents, 

You seem to be having trouble writing coherently are you drunk already or just tired

Edited by Bday Prang

Cops raided the 'Flirt' bar on the area's notorious Soi 6 road - packed with dozens of sex bars - next to the beach at around 9pm on April 5.

Footage from the raid shows dozens of young women being frogmarched into a police truck and taken to the local station to be questioned.

More like a briefing at the HQ and payola from farang like..

9 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

Did the Pattaya News report this? I did not see it

Pattaya Addicts online forum, also owned by Nightwish Brian, had some discussion but did not name the bar. I believe his conglomerate recently opened a law firm so that will certainly come in handy.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, champers said:

What is that law about only 4 people being allowed in the back of a pickup?

Police are not subject to laws, they only enforce as of when they see fit or profit. 

On 4/8/2023 at 4:42 AM, KhaoYai said:

It undoubtedly goes on but I suspect nowhere near as much as is claimed.  I remember a few years ago in Leeds, UK when the locally famous 'Winstons' massage facility (for want of a better word) was finally raided and closed down. 

I say famous because such businesses are illegal in the UK and this place grew from a small back street house to a massive mock tudor decorated building, The business, complete with large neon signage, stood in the middle of a large traffic island, very close to the city centre on a major arterial road.  They were pushing their luck to say the least.

There were quite a few Thai girls working there at the time, my wife and I had met some of them at local Thai gatherings and restaurants. They were all free to come and go as they liked and the ones we got to know had all entered on tourist visas and simply overstayed. They seemed quite proud of the fact that they'd 'played' the UK immigration system. 

When the raid took place, strangley they all claimed their passports had been taken until the debt they owed the owners for getting them to the UK and providing accommodation etc. was paid. They'd been promised jobs as domestics etc. but had to sell themselves to pay off their debt. Poor things.

Talking of Leeds, I had an office there and one of my reps asked if I wanted a drink at a brothel/sports bar, I could not believe it, I drove past it every day, it was a converted cinema just off the main road,  I regret not taking a look but not the right image for the boss... lol

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/7/2023 at 8:13 PM, ukrules said:

Don't believe any article which uses this term. They would have you believe a 'pimp' is a human trafficker.

You're right, but in fact there are very few pimps in Thailand. Some of them are police officers. There is relatively little real human trafficking, although the NGOs that make a good living from it want you to believe otherwise. Even the Kazakhs on Soi Nana are mostly here by choice. They may not like their job, but it pays fairly well.