Dalai Lama regrets asking boy to 'suck my tongue'

Social Media

The Dalai Lama has apologised after footage showed him asking a boy if he wanted to suck the Tibetan spiritual leader's tongue.

His office said he wanted to apologise to the child and his family "for the hurt his words may have caused".

The video also shows the Dalai Lama kissing the child on his lips.

"His Holiness often teases people he meets in an innocent and playful way, even in public and before cameras. He regrets the incident," his office said.

The footage has sparked widespread criticism.

According to the statement, the boy had asked the Dalai Lama if he could give him a hug - this is not visible in the 23-second clip being circulated online.

It is not clear when and where the incident took place. Sticking one's tongue out can be a form of greeting in Tibet.

The Dalai Lama has been living in exile in India since fleeing Tibet in 1959, following an uprising against Chinese rule there.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Zab1e said:

Hogwash. Sticking out one’s tongue vs asking a child to suck it, is totally different. If he does this in front of everyone, behind closed doors it must be worse. 

Taken out of context? seriously? Look at the number of Catholic priest molesting young kids… being celibate does this to humans and it’s NOT ok. 

If course it is not OK. And with many priests, I tend to believe it. However, this guy seems above that kind of nonsense and some might have an ax to grind. Sometimes, rushing to judgment is not wise. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Men who live in celibacy and also teach young boys, what can possible go wrong? 

People are people, and everyone have their weakness, and seems to be true for him to. 

Such institutions is a gift to pedophiles 

• Like 2

I dont know what o think. But as far as i know no tongue was sucked. 

So it could be teasing after the Dalai lama sticked his tongue out. 

I mean there were camera's everywhere, just makes no sense to do  such a thing in public on camera. A joke makes more sense. 

If it was a joke it certainly failed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2baht said:

So is your denial!

I did mean that this story isn't about him sticking his tongue out

Although he did indeed stick his tongue out , that isn't the issue

The issue is that he kissed a pre teen boy on the lips and asked him to suck his tongue , whilst sticking his tongue out 

On 4/11/2023 at 8:44 AM, JonnyF said:

If ever there was an incident to cause you to lose faith in humanity, this was it.

Nah, I've never had any faith in religious personages.

Frauds, hypocrites and perverts most of them.

Edited by BritManToo

On 4/11/2023 at 2:02 PM, spidermike007 said:

If course it is not OK. And with many priests, I tend to believe it. However, this guy seems above that kind of nonsense and some might have an ax to grind. Sometimes, rushing to judgment is not wise. 

Have you seen the video?

He tried to kiss the boy square on the lips. Their faces were milliliters apart and the llama was going for the lips as the boy resisted.

Then, he said, "Suck my tongue" and stuck his tongue out while pulling the boy close face to face.

Why don't you watch the video that has gone viral before making these defense comments?

Edited by 2009

On 4/12/2023 at 9:07 AM, robblok said:

I dont know what o think. But as far as i know no tongue was sucked. 

So it could be teasing after the Dalai lama sticked his tongue out. 

I mean there were camera's everywhere, just makes no sense to do  such a thing in public on camera. A joke makes more sense. 

If it was a joke it certainly failed.

Why are people giving this guy some kind of excuse?

Is it because the victim is a boy, rather than a girl?

8 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Why are people giving this guy some kind of excuse?

Is it because the victim is a boy, rather than a girl?

No, i just don't understand this nobody would be that stupid. Unless the guy is an total idiot it just makes no sense.