Apple making big move to Thailand as production shifts from China

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Apple Inc. was planning to shift production from China to Thailand, it now appears that this move is becoming a reality.

Now this is worthy of a headline, makes a change from unworthy Headline...... YouTube millionaire.

Thanks

Edited by Cricky
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

Now if they would only open more Apple stores here. 

It took years to get one.

We have nothing here in Pattaya and it's a long time coming.

All subbed out now.

could be 1 or 2 left.

forget what they are called now. ?

Edited by quake

43 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Airbus also had a done and dusted deal to move into Thailand a little while ago.

A deal for what exactly, expand the existing service centre?

The Chinese factory has been on the go since 2008 and the agreement was extended in 2018 until 2025. Only last week a new agreement was agreed to double capacity.

China is the biggest user of Airbus aircraft in the region so the obvious location for production. 

https://www.airbus.com/en/our-worldwide-presence/airbus-in-asia-pacific/airbus-in-thailand

must stop the chinese from getting all the highest tech chips and components and building hyper-sonic weapons and AI tools to assist them ,they can have all the old tech for washing machines...they are deadly if they get too far ahead the US

I would prefer to see the US move its investments and manufacturing to the Philippines. The rest of the region should simply be written off as a Chinese satrapies. Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, and the hell hole of Myanmar are all part of the China camp. And Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore are just about there. I think Apple coming here is simply jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

Now if they would only open more Apple stores here. 

It took years to get one.

We have nothing here in Pattaya and it's a long time coming.

Girlfriend went to the local Apple store to find out why her iPhone was not charging.  I suggested she needed a new battery, but the guy behind the counter sold her a new charger.  Not the problem.  Went to an independent cell phone shop.  Problem was the battery, like I said.  So much for Apple stores.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Xonax said:

No, that is not how modern pricing works. But it may affect the profits at Apple Company.

What might also effect profits is when fewer and fewer folks are purchasing crappy products. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Airbus also had a done and dusted deal to move into Thailand a little while ago.

That did not materialise, and until Apple actually have a roof over their head here, I will wait with baited breath.

Just go with 'bated' (as in 'abated' ) and avoid the oral injuries.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.????

• Thumbs Up 1