Really Wish I Hadn't Invited My Friend To Visit

Brewster67

11 hours ago, Stevey said:

I just take any 5hit of anyone and I’ve got zero embarrassment. This is life not a rehearsal. You mentioned there that you give people the eye contact and the nod and move on about your day. Perfectly acceptable. What I’m getting in town is or sometimes the village is a pretty much 90% of every Falang I meet makes eye contact for a second then mulls it over in the noggin for another half a second then the internal network says to him “ look away !! “. Very strange. So that where having zero embarrassment comes in. Like I said to a guy at big C a few weeks ago. He turned around from the ATM at the entrance all 60years of him and looks straight in my eyes. His mouth opened very slightly as I’d to say Hello and then thought better of it and he looked away. The poor boy did not know what he had let himself in for ????. So he got the treatment that they all get if they dare to make eye contact and look away, even if they are with their family. In a voice like I’m talking slowly to a child I say “ Go on…. you were gonna say Hi weren’t you ? Are you shy ? At which point this 60year old says in his continental accent with his bleached hair stammering like Boris Johnson  “ Wwwwell I dddddont have to tttalk to you ! “ These boys are not men. How these lads are shy at 60 plus is a mystery. 

It’s called the land of smiles for a reason and I see this every day being able to speak the lingo and communicate with the locals in markets and in shops. But for these buffoons it is the land of frowns or Land of looking away.

I am not interested in making friends with everyone I catch a glance of, I made that mistake last year and the guy would call me up and talk utter rubbish for 3-4 hours at 9pm and couldn’t get him to end the call, a whole night of relaxing lost to a sociopath pensioner.

But IF it’s normal for a Thai to make eye contact with his fellow humans with a nod of acknowledgment then why are these oldies carrying on like they are above it all ? 

I think a lot of it is based on they get here , get in the local club, make enough contacts and think that’s me I’m set ! Not acknowledging another non-Thai man again ! 

I’ve lost count of the boys I’ve dressed down good and proper ???? great fun catching them out. 

I would suggest the real reason why they look at you and then rapidly look away is because they look at you and then immediately think "Oh no, a nutter!" and then look away quickly ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/15/2023 at 5:44 PM, LaosLover said:

On the flip side, I once took my hillbilly mother in law to a nice hotel.

When we got off the elevator, there was a little couch.

She thought that it was her room and started to unpack.

Yeah. Alright.????

• Haha 2

It's odd how many farang won't acknowledge a friendy hello. But their Thai wives/girlfriends will always respond with a smile and often stop for a chat. Sometimes it seems like they are apologising, or over-compensating, for their husband's/boyfriend's indifferent manners.

Thai people will always respond positively to a smile and friendly hello.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/15/2023 at 5:52 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I would tell him one: Don't do that!

And I would also tell him: If you ever misbehave again when we are out together, I will walk away and leave you alone.

If that doesn't work, walk away!

I have to admit when I arrived in Thailand many years ago, I thought I am in the wild west.

Just one example: I danced with my then Thai gogo "gf" on the stage in her bar. I thought that is great, we had so much fun...

In the hindsight that was just stupid, but all together still harmless.

Some people still think they are far from home and can do whatever they want. They have to learn. And fast!

I think I remember you dancing on the stage. My friend tucked 20 baht in your Y fronts and I complained that you didn't have a number on your wrist ???? Only joking. I was a bit wild when  young but never upset any locals or behaved out of hand as it was all kept within context of the environment we were in. Now I think a walk around the park in the evening is fun ????

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jaggg88 said:

I think I remember you dancing on the stage. My friend tucked 20 baht in your Y fronts and I complained that you didn't have a number on your wrist ???? Only joking. I was a bit wild when  young but never upset any locals or behaved out of hand as it was all kept within context of the environment we were in. Now I think a walk around the park in the evening is fun ????

Good luck at "my time" there were no mobile phones around. And for sure no phones with cameras.

I think the guy with the polaroid camera in G-Spot knew that I didn't want any pictures. ???? 

pt-PolaroidSpectra-01.jpg?fit=1600,1201&

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Ever since flights became cheaper in the late 1990's the behaviour of Brits visiting Thailand has become noticeably worse.

The same flights are now considerably more expensive, so what's their excuse now?

On 4/15/2023 at 7:52 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I would tell him one: Don't do that!

And I would also tell him: If you ever misbehave again when we are out together, I will walk away and leave you alone.

If that doesn't work, walk away!

I have to admit when I arrived in Thailand many years ago, I thought I am in the wild west.

Just one example: I danced with my then Thai gogo "gf" on the stage in her bar. I thought that is great, we had so much fun...

In the hindsight that was just stupid, but all together still harmless.

Some people still think they are far from home and can do whatever they want. They have to learn. And fast!

There's only one thing worse than getting up on a gogo bar stage and shakin' yer drunken booty and that's admitting to doing it.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

It's odd how many farang won't acknowledge a friendy hello. But their Thai wives/girlfriends will always respond with a smile and often stop for a chat. Sometimes it seems like they are apologising, or over-compensating, for their husband's/boyfriend's indifferent manners.

Thai people will always respond positively to a smile and friendly hello.

That’s exactly correct the Wives are more friendly than the husbands. Strange lads they are. 

12 hours ago, simon43 said:

I would suggest the real reason why they look at you and then rapidly look away is because they look at you and then immediately think "Oh no, a nutter!" and then look away quickly ????

I’d hazard a guess that you’re shy in the wild, yeah ? Look away do yer when someone coming at yer ? What are you afraid of ?? 

I’m not sure why these so called men are so shy. I’ll talk to anybody and I’ve been in a boxing ring a fair few times in front of a baying crowd so I’m not exactly easily scared. At one time I thought it was because they were German but I’ve had it a couple of times where after I’ve berated them in front of their wife they’ve spoken back and there English is okay and sometimes they are even English !! then I  always say “your English, that’s even worse ! “ ???? 

44 minutes ago, Stevey said:

I’d hazard a guess that you’re shy in the wild, yeah ? Look away do yer when someone coming at yer ? What are you afraid of ?? 

I’m not sure why these so called men are so shy. I’ll talk to anybody and I’ve been in a boxing ring a fair few times in front of a baying crowd so I’m not exactly easily scared. At one time I thought it was because they were German but I’ve had it a couple of times where after I’ve berated them in front of their wife they’ve spoken back and there English is okay and sometimes they are even English !! then I  always say “your English, that’s even worse ! “ ???? 

You seem to be an aggressive confrontational violent thug with little social skills and not many people want to talk to you , if you were a dog they wouldn't let you out in public without  muzzle being worn .

There is a reason why you walk around trying to find other people to talk to and the reason isn't other people 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/15/2023 at 5:41 PM, proton said:

Thais can be just as bad abroad. Took the Mrs to see friends in NZ 10 years ago for a month, her moods and strops still get mentioned when I see my friends, she has never been invited since. Still cannot really understand the bad behaviour, she claimed home sickness! 

Not getting the usual amount of attention maybe + homesick? Some Thais do really struggle away from home. 

4 hours ago, Stevey said:

I’m not sure why these so called men are so shy.

Nothing to do with being shy. I just don’t like it when men look at me like I’m an anomaly or some sort of visual stimuli, yes that is very scary and creepy. Not my thing. But for you guys that are looking for attention from other men, well then have at it, hope you find what you’re Looking For.????

10 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You seem to be an aggressive confrontational violent thug with little social skills and not many people want to talk to you , if you were a dog they wouldn't let you out in public without  muzzle being worn .

There is a reason why you walk around trying to find other people to talk to and the reason isn't other people 

8 hours ago, JayClay said:

They're not shy.

That's not the reason they're avoiding you.

6 hours ago, novacova said:

Nothing to do with being shy. I just don’t like it when men look at me like I’m an anomaly or some sort of visual stimuli, yes that is very scary and creepy. Not my thing. But for you guys that are looking for attention from other men, well then have at it, hope you find what you’re Looking For.????

You can say what you like but there appears to be two camps. The people who will acknowledge another westerner who is within touching distance and has their face looking in your direction. And then there’s the other camp that contains old men who we’re probably previously either a civil servant or a rep for a paper manufacturer, who believes that he is right about everything and as I walk in to a small shop and you your wife and the shop staff turn to look you catch my eye and immediately look away. You think it’s over but you’re wrong cause I go on to berate. You say to yourself “ Ah !! Why did I look away ? That’s not normal ? The missus thinks it’s weird as well !! .. ah I know !! I’ll tell the aggressor that ‘ I don’t have to talk to you , it’s not the law !! Is it ? ‘ ah yeah that shut this Neanderthal up ! Oh he’s just called me a ดick head in front of my wife!! Right ! That’s it I’m taking too much more of this ! We never had a training day for this in the office. Ah he’s going , good ???? that’ll teach him ! 

You can say I’m aggressive if you want, I’m not. I’m not looking for trouble but no Simp is mugging me off in public. I would never resort to violence, I’m not violent but seeing these guys melt is fun. 

3 minutes ago, Stevey said:

You can say what you like but there appears to be two camps. The people who will acknowledge another westerner who is within touching distance and has their face looking in your direction. And then there’s the other camp that contains old men who we’re probably previously either a civil servant or a rep for a paper manufacturer, who believes that he is right about everything and as I walk in to a small shop and you your wife and the shop staff turn to look you catch my eye and immediately look away. You think it’s over but you’re wrong cause I go on to berate. You say to yourself “ Ah !! Why did I look away ? That’s not normal ? The missus thinks it’s weird as well !! .. ah I know !! I’ll tell the aggressor that ‘ I don’t have to talk to you , it’s not the law !! Is it ? ‘ ah yeah that shut this Neanderthal up ! Oh he’s just called me a ดick head in front of my wife!! Right ! That’s it I’m taking too much more of this ! We never had a training day for this in the office. Ah he’s going , good ???? that’ll teach him ! 

You can say I’m aggressive if you want, I’m not. I’m not looking for trouble but no Simp is mugging me off in public. I would never resort to violence, I’m not violent but seeing these guys melt is fun. 

Over wordy individuals such as this, are desperate to save themselves and very insecure. Probably why is why they’re avoided and no one wants the interaction, because the body language is so obvious. But it appears there’s an issue with older people with this one. I suggest getting out more and being normal.

5 minutes ago, novacova said:

Over wordy individuals such as this, are desperate to save themselves and very insecure. Probably why is why they’re avoided and no one wants the interaction, because the body language is so obvious. But it appears there’s an issue with older people with this one. I suggest getting out more and being normal.

How do these old guys know that I’m weird before they know I’m weird? No I’m actually 48 but I could easily pass for 40. You’re talking nonsense. We’re talking 90% of people walk past me or are right next to me and they say absolutely nothing.  I am guessing that this is the reason. They’re 60 year old of mind starts racing and thinking I’m probably gonna end up getting knocked out here so the best thing to do would be to just stand there at the till and when the guy walks in and he walks up to the counter, I’ll just stay silent, he’ll probably order a bottle of Lao Khao and some Lays Extra barbecue and he’ll be off on that Salang I just saw him get off of.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, n00dle said:

it would seem you are very much "looking for trouble."

despite your denials, you are a bully. I also suspect you just aren't that smart.

each and every unnecessary word you have added to the discussion here makes that clear. 

You also seem somewhat caught up in your own mythology.   

You are a warning sticker on a red flag, 

You should work for the US and UK government with those misinformation skills. 

Edited by Stevey
Losing the will to live

On 4/15/2023 at 3:32 PM, John Drake said:

Now I know why so many British keep falling off balconies. 

Many of us fail to see the truth, or accept it due to our ego - easier to blame the Thais.

Thank God, the Thais are so tolerant!

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Took me about 3 posts!

PS. 

I'm not a racist, I don't talk to people because they're white.

But the shy guys aren’t reading my posts. They are generally looking at me then quickly looking away. 

Im in a different position to maybe the majority of the Isaan Crowd as I’m visible younger. Do older nearer 60 age guys have the same problem ?

i’m sure I remember a few years ago that Simon who has that channel LOS on YouTube made a video concerning this strange situation of Falangs not acknowledging other Falangs. 

I’ve enclosed a photo of myself to maybe help people understand my situation

D0F9D647-71A2-449B-BD05-34F6C0F99D84.jpeg

Edited by Stevey
Add photo