Thailand and Russia will hold high level talks later this month

webfact

1 hour ago, pixelaoffy said:

Two corrupt rogue states. Thailand should be having no cooperation with Russian Federation . But says alot about the Kingdom of Siam

Following your logic above two corrupt states shouldn't co-operate. Maybe corrupt states should cooperate only with non-corrupt states?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Plenty of Ukrainians in Thailand as well . Not as many as the Russians but who cares anyway . Not sure why Thailand needs to ban the Russian people from holidaying. I’m sure they would love to see the back of Putin just as much as those in the west . 

23 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

The point is they both pretend  to be functioning democracies. Thailand in particular  

Are you sure Russia pretends to be a functioning democracy? I absolutely sure no one else would see Russia this way. Bit like calling China a functioning democracy.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Are you sure Russia pretends to be a functioning democracy? I absolutely sure no one else would see Russia this way. Bit like calling China a functioning democracy.

it thinks it is .. not commenting on what other countries believe it is. Just like Thailand. I have to educate folk outside that it has a "pretend" election process. And power centres on the military and head of state .

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If this country had any integrity, such talks would be suspended until Russia stops attacking Ukraine. 

TH didn't cut talks off with USA/EU/UK/AU (NATO) after invading Iraq & Afghan.

Not seeing the difference, and at least RU has a plausible excuse, maybe.  Don't know, don't care, but if wanting to be fair, one invasion not different than the other.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Time to sell up and ship out. Once war starts with China, things will become difficult for falang in Thailand. I'd like to say I'd rather see peace be the winner and I think the Chinese are wonderful and China an amazing place.

It's the CCP and the dictator Xi Jinping. Saw the other day about Russia planning naval excersises in the region. If it all goes pear shaped Thailand will do the usual thing and not become involved. Let's hope China has the sense not to invade Taiwan. If they do do you think the US will roll over and allow it? If they don't it's on and the world's f############. All in the hands of the madman Xi.

21 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Time to sell up and ship out.

We've heard that for decades. Farang have been perpetually heading for the exits like rats deserting a sinking ship. All condo owners have always been desperate to sell. Say anything good about Thailand, and you're trying to talk up the market. All the ANF Poster Economic Indicators of Thailand's economic health have been perpetually flashing red for decades: the lights on at night count, shopping bag count, the red plates count, the lines at the bank count, the Stalls of Doom in front of the shopping malls.

The INSANE rise in visa fees in 2003 started the mass exit of the great Golden Egg Layers. Without the provided Golden Eggs, Thais had to leave the cities and go back to working in the rice fields. Pattaya was pronounced Dead around that time, with portentous Dire Warnings issued in the Letter Bag of the Pattaya Mail at least 6 years before. With COVID, the Last of the Last Nails In the Coffin was identified with utter certainty.

Are there any farang left by now? Yep, those few will soon be scrabbling among the ruins for scraps. Run, Forest, Run!

• Haha 1

On 4/18/2023 at 11:01 AM, webfact said:

Thailand and Russia will hold a Joint Thai-Russian Commission on Bilateral Cooperation in Bangkok on April 26th and 27th to strengthen cooperation of mutual interest, according to an informed source. 

I hope the EU/USA are watching this space and working out the secondary tier sanctions for Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I hope the EU/USA are watching this space and working out the secondary tier sanctions for Thailand.

isolate Thailand if any new incoming gov doesnt stop the a** licking of Russia and China 

Edited by pixelaoffy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

isolate Thailand if any new incoming gov doesnt stop the a** licking of Russia and China 

You can do your bit and remove yourself from Thailand. Why spending money here and help corrupt countries?

• Love It 1