Are there any 'normal' farangs living in Thailand?

bob smith

I seem to meet normal people, but not always 

Some want to boast about their possessions, condo size, cars, motorcycles girlfriends...but that could occur in my home country as well....

I usually tell them I have nothing but a small pension and a small condo,  but am happy to give half of my income every month to the multitude of one hour female therapists who work here in Pattaya for $45 dollars an hour.  It is my way of supporting local entrepreneurs!  Some get it, some do not  5555

Edited by Skallywag
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

By then almost all of them had a Thai girlfriend. Only a few were still married to their farang wives. 

Golden era-ThaiVisa advice was to watch out for the 7/11 cuties. They were the willful home-wreckers.

Have looked into Chiang Mai charities and expat gatherings in terms of other white couples. We see a lot of fund-raising going on but no one tossing a 1,000 baht into the pot. They have a thing called The Algonquin Club where you have to be invited to join. Not a concept I'm particularly drawn to.

I'm smoke-dodging in Hua Hin. I go to breakfast at Pat's Place and every old Scandi/German sitting there is the same: Hard Rock Teeshirt and Nike shorts, head shaven, ray bans.

So no diff than any mid-level seaside resort in the states. I see plenty of normalcy eating a schnitzel every 20 feet here.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2