27 Omicron XBB.1.16 cases detected in Thailand by April 17th

snoop1130

9 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

I'm interested to know where vaccines are available and at what cost.  Wouldn't mind getting boosters for myself, plus my GF and her daughter.

So am I. Above a list of hospitals in Bangkok has been supplied, but I live in the surroundings of Pattaya. I will start asking in my local hospital, the BHP, whcih does supply Moderna, but this is not what I want and need. I do not care how much it costs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2023 at 6:08 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The newer bivalent version of the Pfizer vaccine has been available in Thailand, especially Bangkok, the past couple months -- though not especially well publicized.

Under TH MoPH policy, to get that bivalent booster, you need to have had at least 4 months since your last prior vaccination. Those vaxes are free to long-term expats, and possible would involve a fee for tourists or people on tourist status.

It is as well available at BHP, but only by order of your doctor. I had an appointment 4 days ago for something else and by chance asked the doctor about a booster. To my biggest surprize they immediately took that up and 30 minutes later I was vacinated with Pfizer Bivalent Cornamity. It was my 5th vaccination after Astra-Astra-Moderna-Moderna. However they did not give me a certificate and I was as well not able to access Mor Prom. I am 67 years old with severe predispositions. They did not give it to my wife (42, Thai, very light predispositions) but said if she sees her doctor the next time she could ask for it.). I do not recall if we paid for it or not because the bill was just one amount and my wife takes care of the financial side anyway. And I give a s**** about such low cost positions.

But it is available right now at BHP in Pattaya.

Edited by moogradod