Anutin reveals increase in COVID-19 cases, but not severe: urges public to remain calm

webfact

On 4/21/2023 at 3:13 PM, Snig27 said:

It really depends where in the city you are. I'm around the top end of Ekkamai and it's around 50% now. 

Arriving back from a week in Vietnam though, it's still a shock. It's around 20% there now, at least where I was in Saigon and the Delta. 

In Pattaya it's maybe 20%.

We were in Cambodia 2 months ago, pretty close to zero mask usage. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cowellandrew said:

Run get your masks back on and your 20th booster!

????

Not quite, but I may get a fourth if things go tits up in my area, but glad to see a member taking things seriously, well done..........????

• Confused 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2023 at 9:11 AM, dinsdale said:

Yep. It's Omicron and I have stated many times a mild viral infection for the majority, a majority which will have levels of immunity either from previous exposure, vaccines or both. It is not a variant of concern. So why keep going on about it? 

I have had 4 Pfiser jabs the last one June 22, and a dose of Mild COVID-19 Sept 22, I have just had a tough 3 days and just starting to move around after another COVID-19 infection this knocked me about a bit, be warned

• Thanks 1

Yep. It's Omicron and I have stated many times a mild viral infection for the majority, a majority which will have levels of immunity either from previous exposure, vaccines or both. It is not a variant of concern. So why keep going on about it? 

because of >60 deaths per week.

Edited by Tom H

On 4/21/2023 at 9:07 AM, sungod said:

The air pollution is far more of a worry, yet he does nothing.

Kills 60 thousand a year apparently. Way more than Covid. A recent study by a university in Chang Mai has it even higher. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 4/21/2023 at 1:59 PM, Letseng said:

And where did you get your expertise ? As long as nobody in your circle falls severely ill you assume nobody else does. Ever heard of Long Covid after "mild" infection? You won't die but your life will not be the same.

yes nobody in his circle, nobody in my circle, nobody in any circle of people I know, means it is only very few....And some people die from diseases, that always has been and always will be. Mostly elderly or sick and rarely someone unexpected.
Ever heard of long covid...yes but only from the news.....we all had covid and no one we know got long covid. Surely it exists, but it is not common.

• Confused 1

On 4/21/2023 at 9:02 AM, Snugs08 said:

Doesn't seem like the bulk of Thais are noticing yet, outdoor any scenario masking is still above 90% in main population in bangers, I wonder how the forum promaskers are going to swallow the above though - indoors, no masks, no social distance - surely a photoshop jobbie? #misinformation

They just need to come out and say it, as always in Thai hierarchies - it's do as I say not as I do - even on the positive things like demasking

I myself find it strange that there are so many of you anti-maskers constantly complaining about anyone still wearing a mask whether it be due to increases in COVID or pollution.  Why are you so concerned what others are doing? 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Who? Anutin? Who is that? I had forgotten all about him. And soon, he will disappear, and let us hope he is never seen again. We are adjusting to this thing being endemic, and many of us do not give it a thought.

don't be so sure mike. i think you will find he will be very much involved in the coming government. 

my brothers sisters friends dog groomer told me. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, stoner said:

don't be so sure mike. i think you will find he will be very much involved in the coming government. 

my brothers sisters friends dog groomer told me. 

I agree, as the dog groomer told me also...so its official now.

• Haha 1

*Anutin reveals increase in COVID-19 cases, but not severe: urges public to remain calm*

The best way to get the public to remain calm would be to stop issuing pointless bulletins every time the number of Covid-19 cases rises.

Idiot.

• Like 1

Perhaps because it makes him feel important.

AFAIR Anutin has had 11 booster jabs.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 4:07 AM, sungod said:

The air pollution is far more of a worry, yet he does nothing.

Yes! And the 25 000 something dead people from traffic accidents on spot. Plus the 30 000 dying in the hospitals or ambulance. That is something he should worry about with he´s fine doctors shirt.