Toilet Paper Versus The Bum-Gun; Many Expats Say They Know The Answer

webfact

Some good information from me before you eat, I proudly have not wiped my ass or taken a bath for 15yrs. :cheesy: My daughter on a recent visit had problems coming to terms with that info,

also hard for her to use the bum gun as she is left handed and most are fitted to the right of the seat. My Question is; as the sewage systems here won't handle dirty paper and its put in a bin, I presume it is just put into normal rubbish bins, that disposal is wrought with spreading all kinds of illnesses. A lot of supermarkets Etc.. don't have bum guns so i use the disabled toilet, that do. 

8 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

TBH When I first came to live here, I was "scared" of the bumgun. I'm glad I eventually tried it and soon got the hang of using it. Much more comfortable than just paper. Goodbye klingons & scooby-snacks.

When I first came here only a bowl and bucket was there to clean yourself not even bum guns had arrived from Japan.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Some good information from me before you eat, I proudly have not wiped my ass or taken a bath for 15yrs. :cheesy: My daughter on a recent visit had problems coming to terms with that info,

also hard for her to use the bum gun as she is left handed and most are fitted to the right of the seat. My Question is; as the sewage systems here won't handle dirty paper and its put in a bin, I presume it is just put into normal rubbish bins, that disposal is wrought with spreading all kinds of illnesses. A lot of supermarkets Etc.. don't have bum guns so i use the disabled toilet, that do. 

A two metre hose should allow the bumgun to be used from either side, but that would only be good for your house, and not other places.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

I have tried to install a bub gun in my new home in Melbourne but being the toilet a closed unit i have to find a plumber to drill a hole in the cistern to connect it to the water supply and that's what i call 'a bummer' got it? bum/bummer.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

Not much of a spray compared to the gun, but the guy in that vid sure is enjoying it.

Doesn’t work for me. I can spray forever and still have evidence in my underwear at the end of the day. I suspect my history of hemorrhoids contributes to that problem. 

After 25 years in the USA my wife has no use for them either. They’ve been removed from all but one of our four bathrooms in Thailand. Visitors have to use the guest house bathroom if they prefer that. Bathrooms stay clean when nobody can spray dirty water around. 

• Confused 6
  • Sad 5