Turkish man assaults Pattaya restaurant worker, leaving him in a coma

webfact

18 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

He was not wearing a shirt, he was at a party location and the water throwing couldn't have passed him by unnoticed. Simply impossible. If it happened at the Airport? Mmmkey, but this was The Famous Walking Street. 

Classic Turkish rage, that's all. 

The video I posted before shows that he had a water gun in his hands. So there is no excuse that he didn't want to participate. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It pretty much is (In Bangkok at least)... its perfectly possible to go to many area’s of Bangkok and not get involved with the water fighting - (of course, it requires getting around in a car or taxi). 

The ‘water throwing’ is very easy to avoid....  Unless someone lives right in the middle of a chaotic area. 

Even then, with a car (or taxi) its easily avoidable. 

But don’t go to an area like Sukhumvit Soi 11, Silom or Khao Sarn Rd then get upset because you got wet.

Where is this ??......  Are there other area’s you could take them to avoid the water throwing ?

*i.e. Pop them in the car and take them to a quieter area ?

Absolutely outrageous, but truth be told, I’ve never seen anything like this. 

In central Bangkok, I’ve seen officer workers walk down a Soi and remain dry, it just takes them putting up their hand.... (obviously these are in quieter areas). 

Yup.... Where is this ??....    In BKK in think its Chaotic in the main ‘party’ area’s....  elsewhere everything seems to stop by early evening....  That said, there are organised events where the loud speaker set-ups see the noise travelling for KM’s into residential areas. 

This ‘seven deadly days’ is simply medial stupidity and lack of creativity. 

The death rates on Songkrans ‘seven days’ is no worse than it is for the rest of the year. 

And... ‘water play’ is not the cause of death (in most cases) its drink riding and no helmet - this is a year round issue. 

My post is about Pattaya and in Pattaya you can not avoid it if walking or travelling on a bike.

Regarding dogs, problem each year not when we in the park, but getting to the park, no way to avoid it or bypass it, no backstreets, 

Bangkok plays 3 days, Pattaya plays 7 days

Of course  cause of death is not water, however when they playing water they are drinking and after playing driving home, additionally this year there were a few fights and other incidents 

As has been stated it is the length of time Songkran is celebrated in Pattaya / Jomtien, some nine days. You fearless warriors who relish throwing water over those who obviously do not want take part in your childish fun but you consider it so much fun to douse people in water usually against those moving on bikes or cannot identify you brave souls hiding in a group. Your actions go far beyond the traditions of songkran and it seems you only want to partake in the traditions of Thailand when it suits your puerile behaviour . I may want to throw a bucket of water over you next week and it will be so much fun, you ok with that.

I did travel elsewhere for four days to avoid the jerks who in my years have always found to be falang. To those who suggest we should love being doused even when we do not attend those areas where it is inevitable is baffling to me. I have crossed roads to avoid falang idiots for them only to cross and attempt to soak you however when you then pursue and confront them they then become the wimps they are.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

A nice idea, but I can't imagine many Thai people stopping to think about how a foreigner might feel about being pelted with water before doing so.  It would be interesting to see a Thailand where it happened though.  "Maybe we should think about how foreign people feel about things that to us seem fun but to them might feel like assault."  It might make the place a bit boring and less cheerful.

An annoying thing to happen, but not a proportionate response from the Turk.

Perhaps both Thais and foreigners alike need to be reminded of what will happen in the festival and how different people will feel differently about it.

I've found that most of the time when they see I'm a farang they hold back and just let fly with a very small squirt. I didn't get "doused" once while I was out and about.  So quite a few actually do think about it. But also, it's also fair for them to imagine we are better people and can take a joke. last time I checked getting a little wet is not fatal

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Stupid tradition, but  that's no excuse...

Are you trying to say this guy walked ALL the way along WS in just his shorts and he didn't know what was going on around him? read the article, it states he hit 2 French tourist with a bottle before he headbutted the carpark attendant. This had nothing to do with the tradition, it had everything to do with the guy being a tit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

I am not a friend of this much too long Songkran festival here in Pattaya. It is more a bar festival and there should be zones. But in this case the Turkish guy had a water gun in his hand as shown in this video:

https://www.facebook.com/PattayaWatchdog/videos/614849423870613/?extid=CL-UNK-UNK-UNK-AN_GK0T-GK1C&mibextid=2Rb1fB

Who’s water gun???

Looks to me as though it was the other guys water gun & the Turk decided that’s enough for the day…  perhaps he told the other guy, “no !!!”

‘Other guy’ pushed his luck which ran out quickly,  Turk behaved violently when the area he’d ‘deliberately’ been in an area demanding a large degree of mutual tolerance… 

Lots of wrongs…. The Turk getting violent was the ultimate wrong - he could have just put his head down & walked away. 

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Eyewitnesses reported that Mr A. had been involved in several altercations during the festival, including hitting two French tourists with a bottle, causing damage to a nearby marijuana shop

Sounds like the guys a bit of a nut job?

5 hours ago, stupidfarang said:

Are you saying Songkran  is a stupid tradition? If so then I would think 100% of Thai people would disagree with you. Local traditions in which ever country one is in should be respected, you do not need to take part in it but respect the country and its traditions.

In my village it's banned and several others as well, even in the market town 17 km away there was nothing going on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Who’s water gun???

Looks to me as though it was the other guys water gun & the Turk decided that’s enough for the day…  perhaps he told the other guy, “no !!!”

‘Other guy’ pushed his luck which ran out quickly,  Turk behaved violently when the area he’d ‘deliberately’ been in an area demanding a large degree of mutual tolerance… 

Lots of wrongs…. The Turk getting violent was the ultimate wrong - he could have just put his head down & walked away. 

If you look at the start of the video you can see that the Turkish guy holds the water gun and the guard holds his bucket with both hands. 

3 hours ago, Bazerino said:

Didn't understand the tradition? Was he teleported there & all of a suddent a man pours water over him, he must of seen what was going on when he first entered the Soi......

?? Doesn't the video show that he was toting a large water pistol at the time??

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

They have a festival in Italy where everyone gets pelted with tomatoes

???? " when I was out walking with my brother Jim

someone threw a tomato at him

tomatoes,tomatoes,alright in the skin

but they bloody well hurt when they come in a tin! " ???? 

9 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

In my village it's banned and several others as well, even in the market town 17 km away there was nothing going on.

Ah,that’s just what they told you- they didn’t want you turning up ,being a buzzkill! ???? 

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Probably has a criminal record, they shouldn't be allowed in

But that's the reason for pointless 90 day reports and the other beloved annual tradition of the great paper chase aka non-o extension day.

These heartwarming traditions ensure the bad guys don't need to be caught at check in. 

Nope, they will be caught x years later, on overstay. 

They're not respecting Immigrations traditional photocopy tyranny at all. 

Edited by chalawaan

1 hour ago, malibukid said:
10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Probably has a criminal record, they shouldn't be allowed in

again background checks should be required of all tourist.

Have you any idea of the (unworkable) logistics involved in such a suggestion when that number is tens of millions . That’s even without the implications involved in letting a random foreign country have access to another’s criminal database if that’s what you were contemplating. Wanna another think…?

Where was Mustafa when that tobacco-junkie overweight farang bell-end with a PVC pipe water gun (supposedly illegal) hit me from behind, after dark, right in the ear in 2017 causing an infection that took a year to clear up.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Have you any idea of the (unworkable) logistics involved in such a suggestion when that number is tens of millions . That’s even without the implications involved in letting a random foreign country have access to another’s criminal database if that’s what you were contemplating. Wanna another think…?

If the US can insist on a full manifest of every single pax on every single inbound plane before take off for the last 22 years, then it's doable, Oh and China do it internally with 1.5 billion people. I'm not saying it's a great idea, and in China's case, it has yet to stop crimes such as kidnapping etc. where thousands of children are abducted in broad daylight and sold to who knows? It's just that it's not really that hard to ground anyone with a criminal record from leaving home to begin with. 

Edited by chalawaan

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

They have a festival in Italy where everyone gets pelted with tomatoes. If you don't like it don't go, same with Songkran.

Be very careful if you go to Gloucester UK you could be run over by a cheese :giggle:

Just now, nchuckle said:

Ah,that’s just what they told you- they didn’t want you turning up ,being a buzzkill! ???? 

No, it seems to have reverted back to its origins in non tourist areas. In my village family groups including those who had traveled back home from Bangkok, gathered outside their houses feasting and the young revered the old by pouring water over their hands. Since the death of my wife's father I am now the oldest and so had to endure about 20 members of the wife's family sitting me on a raised chair and after standing in line they poured water into my cupped hands while reciting Buddhist prayers and since this was an honour I couldn't be so churlish and refuse to go to the temple for the Buddhist service, I would have preferred some water fights, in fact the next day I drove to the market town gleefully expecting mayhem but it was just a normal day.

22 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Of course it's easier to do nothing but if they wanted to stop those types getting in then they could work something out. Any reason you're against it?

7 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

You are saying the guy was right to do this then?

Out of fear of retaliation,

from all the violent mother-friends out there,

papa would never soak someone 

like happens here.

But up to you ...

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Eyewitnesses reported that Mr A. had been involved in several altercations during the festival, including hitting two French tourists with a bottle, causing damage to a nearby marijuana shop.

Didn't understand the custom? No, he had been out and had seen what was happening. Just a thug that deserves what he gets. Probably get off with a light punishment, perhaps he will need to pay for the thai man's medical bills.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1