Pattaya Police and Immigration Authorities Inspect Entertainment Venues for Illegal Foreigners and Overstays

webfact

Wonderful. Now we should expect prohibition type raids on entertainment venues with visas and drug tests. Meanwhile, you can buy the drugs next door or at any of the weed stores that outnumber 7-11's. Or perhaps one of the girls who you have been buying drinks for all night, who are definately "not" prostitutes, could vouch for you. I'm also sure it's just coincidence that only East Asians were targeted. Ah Amazing Thailand.

Fun fact thought. Koreans who smoke cannabis or use drugs illegal in Korea, but legal in the country they actually partake, can be sentenced for up to 5 years in prison on their return to Korea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This must be the 3rd or 4th such announcement i have rad in these pages lately, either the problem is really, really need attention or is just something to write about, a sort of page filler because i can't see the need for such announcements, is it? the police doing what they supposed to do.

Edited by ezzra
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Pattaya Police Raid Nightclub for Overstayers and Drugs, Find Neither
By Tanakorn Panyadee

image.jpeg

Pattaya — Pattaya Police raided a nightclub for overstayers at 10:30 PM last night, April 23rd.

The raided club “Hollywood” is situated on Petchtrakul Road. 50 police officers and immigration searched the venue in accordance with the policy of Deputy National Police Chief Pol. Gen. Surachet Hakparn, to crack down on foreigners illegally residing in Thailand or operating criminal enterprises.

About 300 patrons both domestic and foreign alike were discovered inside the nightclub. The authorities ordered venue operators to turn off the music and opened the lights before separating foreigners from Thais for passport and drug tests. The latter was imposed on both groups.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/04/24/pattaya-police-raid-nightclub-for-overstayers-and-drugs-find-neither/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-04-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

...and ensuring that by treating guests to the country as potential criminals they never return.

They are aware that "tourist" overstays are increasing rapidly and the point is to make sure those never return.

I can't imagine being deterred by a simple passport check. Or a urine check.

• Confused 5

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

Well, I wonder how other countries cope. I've never heard of security forces touring tourist areas demanding to see proof that they have a right to be in the country. Maybe in North Korea? I don't know. Do you?

I do know. It's a regular event in the Philippines as well. Or was a few years ago when I was there.