Tucker Carlson out at Fox News, 1 week after Dominion settlement

Scott

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

If there are other suites pending (as we understand there are) will "Tucker Carlson said it but we have fired him" be an effective defence?

I thought that is what editors are for.

I guess what Fox thinks is, if we sack Carlson it all goes away. But I'm not sure that it will.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vandeventer said:

I guess what Fox thinks is, if we sack Carlson it all goes away. But I'm not sure that it will.

They're not that naive. This is about his text comments disparaging Fox management. They got sick of his 2 faced lying after he cost them the big bucks.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Cancel culture is a pretty sad and pathetic recent human development, among others, of course.

Tucker was literally the only reporter not afraid to speak out.

Now we can enjoy our propaganda from sell out reporters feeding us whatever narrative is on the agenda.

They couldn't control him -- that's the reason he got fired.

The scary thing is, it makes no financial sense at all. Getting rid of him is apparently worth losing a lot of money for.

It's ominous of what's coming.

Bingo !

They couldn't control him -- that's the reason he got fired. Rupert let I'm know who is the Daddy. Rupert is getting his house in order and Tucker was part of him taking back the Republicans.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Cancel culture is a pretty sad and pathetic recent human development, among others, of course.

Tucker was literally the only reporter not afraid to speak out.

Now we can enjoy our propaganda from sell out reporters feeding us whatever narrative is on the agenda.

They couldn't control him -- that's the reason he got fired.

The scary thing is, it makes no financial sense at all. Getting rid of him is apparently worth losing a lot of money for.

It's ominous of what's coming.

Fired for secretly denigrating Trump! They want to control not only what reporters publicly say, but also what they think! That's scary!

"That's the last four years. We're all pretending we've got a lot to show for it, because admitting what a disaster it's been is too tough to digest. But come on. There isn't really an upside to Trump."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64886188

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mikebike said:

"Recent" ???????????????? As old as human civilization. 

The only thing recent is a new buzzword invented by the far right to generate new outrage and make it seem like something's changing to the detriment of the "silent majority".

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Yeah, and not a minute too soon.

You're old, nobody cares about you (I get it, I get it). The mean ol' gay-loving world keeps drifting on.

You're part of Fox's cheapskate, worthless base who won't even spring for a lumpy pillow or a silver ingot with Fattie's face on it.

Full disclosure: I have held said ingot in my hand -though they kept in the plastic to keep it nice. They feel the same way about you as they feel about me.

When they finally run out of catheter buyers, will you follow them to the end with their funeral urn ads? Because I saw covid and ham sandwiches cull about 20% of your ilk in my Bible Belt former home. 

Radio is like The Elephant's Grave Yard of has-beens. Claiming radio is the future makes you sound like Bing Crosby, time traveler. 

Who views going from prime time show to radio as a step up? Would (possible) vampire Meghan Kelly be fronting her own money if she absolutely didn't have to?

Think of poor Glen Beck having to pretend he likes the Duck Dynasty guy -wouldn't he rather be back on a real network rendering people unconscious with his chalk board?

Relatedly, It was Tucker's Dad who married the Swanson heiress, not Tucker.

My bad. That Google throw down had results.

Actually, radio beats tv in the 18-49 year old demographic.  

https://www.insideradio.com/free/in-historic-first-radio-beats-television-among-18-49-year-olds/article_9773e41c-c247-11ed-b31d-0310809c740c.html#:~:text=But the latest Nielsen report,where radio is gaining ground.

Tucker and Beck both hit about 3 million viewers at their best. As I said before, Beck's radio audience is 10 million.  Joe Rogan gets more for his podcast. 

You really don't understand the reach of portable media, do you?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Scott said:

TV host Tucker Carlson and Fox News have "agreed to part ways," Fox said in a statement Monday.

Rupert.jpeg.11fe80960e9b05b0e9f1d66894379b6b.jpeg

Mad F%^*&r Carlson was costing Old Scrotum Face way too much money.

• Thumbs Up 1

Carlson, who promoted conspiracy theories and lies, racist, sexist, anti-LGBTQ, white nationalist, and Christian nationalist views, and falsehoods about the January 6 insurrection, was the networks’s top star.

Brian Stelter, the former CNN media reporter, tweeted that Carlson has “retained the famously aggressive entertainment lawyer Bryan Freedman.” (He also notes now-former CNN anchor Don Lemon has also retained the same lawyer.)

https://www.rawstory.com/suddenly-silent-tucker-carlson-lawyers-up-report/

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

Tucker Carlson might be boxed into entering 2024 presidential race by Fox contract

He'd instantly have an online fundraising juggernaut second only to Trump, and perhaps surpassing him. He's polarizing, terrible, and utterly amoral ... in short, better than Ron DeSantis for the base. Celebrity, money, mental acuity, cynicism, pro-Putin isolationism, and an overt love of authoritarianism are a pretty strong secret sauce for the MAGA base. Celebrity got Trump the [White House].

https://www.rawstory.com/tucker-carlson-2024/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Uh, no but it tells a lot about his character, right?

You mean a total lack of character? You mean a man so devoid of ethics, honesty, integrity, and goodwill, that he could become a subject for a special on psychopathic behavior? 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

RT are keen to get there hands on him and have ‘Tweeted’ their interest.

He’d fit right in over there.

He'll need a better handle.  He's going to be up there with Tokyo Rose and Axis Sally.

The supposed real reason being reported in the US, delivered with a healthy dose of skepticism, is they sacked him for anti-semitic statements.  There was another bs justification, can't recall, but the message Murdoch World is pushing is "the reason was not the Dominion lawsuit."  Oh, okay.

There is going to be a lot of lawsuits aimed in the direction of Fox, DT and his stooges, and whoever else can be thought to be liable for the false election narratives and individuals who had their lives disrupted by all those cockamamie claims.  This stuff will be going on into the next decade.

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Tucker Carlson might be boxed into entering 2024 presidential race by Fox contract

He'd instantly have an online fundraising juggernaut second only to Trump, and perhaps surpassing him. He's polarizing, terrible, and utterly amoral ... in short, better than Ron DeSantis for the base. Celebrity, money, mental acuity, cynicism, pro-Putin isolationism, and an overt love of authoritarianism are a pretty strong secret sauce for the MAGA base. Celebrity got Trump the [White House].

https://www.rawstory.com/tucker-carlson-2024/

It's hard to imagine him winning in the general.  Yes it was hard to imagine trump winning in 2016 but their fascist ideologies are so similar that I can't see the majority going for that again after the experience of insurrectionist trump. 

Another outside the box idea for him.

Going full Kremlin might be too much for his brand to absorb, but perhaps he could move to Hungary and start a European fascist network. He would certainly be welcome there.  That leaves him a path to return to the US later which I think going full on Kremlin would preclude. 

Yes, I'm serious.

Tucker Carlson Has Seen the Future, and It Is Fascist (nymag.com)

Tucker Carlson Has Seen the Future, and It Is Fascist

Orban’s Hungary is the road map for American authoritarianism.

In 1919, the progressive journalist Lincoln Steffens visited the nascent Soviet Union and declared, “I have seen the future and it works.” Tucker Carlson’s weeklong visit to Budapest, where he is using his Fox News show as an infomercial for Viktor Orban’s illiberal regime, is being conducted in much the same spirit. “If you care about Western civilization and democracy and families, and the ferocious assault on all three of those things by the leaders of our global institutions, you should know what is happening here right now,” Carlson gushed to his viewers.

Edited by Jingthing

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Another outside the box idea for him.

Going full Kremlin might be too much for his brand to absorb, but perhaps he could move to Hungary and start a European fascist network. He would certainly be welcome there.  That leaves him a path to return to the US later which I think going full on Kremlin would preclude. 

Yes, I'm serious.

Tucker Carlson Has Seen the Future, and It Is Fascist (nymag.com)

If you are truly serious then you have my sympathy.

A nearly 2 year old article from VOX media is your basis?  Come on, man!

Tucker will land somewhere and make bank.  

• Love It 1