Lights out for the PM’s chances as people get shocked by sky-high electricity bills in the post

webfact

2 minutes ago, digger70 said:

This is only a start,Low Power bills are a thing off the past.

This is an other coffin nail for the EV's charging costs.

Clean cheap Fuel/Electricity , Dream on.

It’s a lot cheaper to drive an EV than an ICE. Public charging costs only 4.5 baht (of peak) per kWh. It is less than 3 baht per kWh charging at home if you have TOU meter. Sweet are my dreams.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

But I guess you think that's "good" policy? 

It seems to be the existing policy.

Some time ago I worked for a company in Thailand which setup biogas power plants. The regulations were different in different regions of Thailand and they also setup such plants in other countries which had often local regulations.

Obviously it would be nice if all the regulations would be the same, but that's not reality.

And in a way I understand the reluctance of power companies, because if they allow that power is transferred into their grid, then obviously they must make sure that all that works correctly. It wouldn't be a good idea if anybody who wants to deliver power, in any quality, can do that. It's complicated.

I accept reality. It doesn't matter what I think is good or would be good from my point of view.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Well I cannot read Thai, but it doesn't look free to me.

It seems to be a price list, but nowhere can I see any "red shirts" bills.

How can you say what it looks like when you can't read it?

3. Customer, who is classified under clause 1.1.1 and does not consume over 50 kWh, will receive free electricity for that month until December 2015. From January 2016 onwards, the customer who is classified under clause 1.1.1, who is not a juristic person, and does not consume over 50 kWh for 3 consecutive months (including the current month), will receive free electricity for that month.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

How can you say what it looks like when you can't read it?

3. Customer, who is classified under clause 1.1.1 and does not consume over 50 kWh, will receive free electricity for that month until December 2015. From January 2016 onwards, the customer who is classified under clause 1.1.1, who is not a juristic person, and does not consume over 50 kWh for 3 consecutive months (including the current month), will receive free electricity for that month.

It is not that hard to figure out, and all that shows is a price list for how much electricity is consumed by ANY customer, per number of units consumed.

BTW I do have a Thai wife and an 18 year old Thai son who can read, write and speak Thai fluently.

However posting that didn't answer my question at all.

Quote "Really?

Can you back that up with some facts"?

Show how many redshirts pay no electricity bills.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, n8sail said:

It is certainly a lot cheaper to drive an EV, we have 2 of them and girlfriend charges her completely free at work as she works at a large coal-fired power plant.  But peak time public chargers are 7.5 baht/kWh, not 4.5.   It is 4.5 at off-peak times.   I know, we just used public chargers twice during Songkran, on the way to Koh Mak we paid 4.5 baht, on the way home 7.5 baht.  Both were PTT EV Station PluZ chargers (120kw)    Price is same whether Fast DC charger or AC.

It cost us about 350 baht for electricity for 500km of driving round-trip.   In my diesel truck the same trip would be about 1100 baht for fuel.

Correct, that’s what I stated in my post.. I only pay peak rates if I’m doing a road trip. Most of the time though, I either charge at home during the day using solar power or go down the road to charge at PTT after 10 pm (off peak rates) or on weekends.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, digger70 said:

Yea, yea, yea, what about the cost off buying ,battery replacement ,Dirty electricity.dirty costs for making components for your EV. How safely to dispose off the Bad Dead poisonous batteries.,Many can't be recycled this all worse then the ICE.

In the long run ICE are Cleaner and cost Less.

Hydrogen internal combustion is by far the cleaner.

Why would I need to replace my battery? It’s guaranteed for 8 years by the manufacturer and even if I need to replace it (highly unlikely), the price 8 years down the road is likely to be significantly cheaper than it is now.

An ICE may be cleaner in the long run but I would definitely prefer to be driving behind another EV than a diesel fume belching pickup.

image.jpeg.432599c71756d044608a7b833904fd1c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, MJCM said:

Charges have been the same but the discounts have eased off. When getting an average price of 5,4 THB per unit, you are using (I guess) around +/- 600 Units per month. Did you notice it is very hot outside and this thus means your aircons / fridge have to work MUCH harder to reach the set temperature.

BIL was also complaining about his bill, when asked how many fans he had running, he said 7 at a time, and when asked how many fans he would run during the cold months, he said 0. :whistling:

Look here for a bit more detail about the electricity BILL.

Who has a BIL in Thailand that could understand what you tapped out?

Fake news I think.????????

On 4/27/2023 at 9:42 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Now I finally understand why previous Thai elections were in December.

It's sad that Thai people now make Prayut responsible for the climate. It's always hot in every April in Thailand.

But then, I am not surprised. Thai's also blame the PM when the international oil price rise.

TiT

Very true. Fuel prices are set internationally, and government subsidies will have to be funded some other way, such as from taxation. There is no magic money tree.

Look at how subsidies during covid have almost bankrupted countries in the west, currencies plummeting in value, inflation destroying wealth, and so on.

12 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Why would I need to replace my battery? It’s guaranteed for 8 years by the manufacturer and even if I need to replace it (highly unlikely), the price 8 years down the road is likely to be significantly cheaper than it is now.

An ICE may be cleaner in the long run but I would definitely prefer to be driving behind another EV than a diesel fume belching pickup.

image.jpeg.432599c71756d044608a7b833904fd1c.jpeg

I am talking Normal ICE not tinkered diesels .

Those EV Batteries seem to Break down and in accidents Explode

iI they get wet from a bit off flood water, Amen Batt.

No ,No EV for me thanks .

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, digger70 said:

I am talking Normal ICE not tinkered diesels .

Those EV Batteries seem to Break down and in accidents Explode

iI they get wet from a bit off flood water, Amen Batt.

No ,No EV for me thanks .

I have no issue as to whether someone prefers petrol powered or diesel powered or any other types of fuel/energy. I personally own both petrol and diesel powered vehicles as well as a PHEV.

However, it doesn’t cost anything nowadays to educate yourself better on what is arguably the biggest issue concerning mass transportation today. You might even appear as “well informed “.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

On 4/27/2023 at 12:17 PM, Gweiloman said:

It’s a lot cheaper to drive an EV than an ICE. Public charging costs only 4.5 baht (of peak) per kWh. It is less than 3 baht per kWh charging at home if you have TOU meter. Sweet are my dreams.

Gasoline contains about 9 Kwh/liter.... at 43 baht/liter that is pretty similar, including a lot of taxes. 

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Gasoline contains about 9 Kwh/liter.... at 43 baht/liter that is pretty similar, including a lot of taxes. 

It costs me about 100 baht to travel 100 kms in my 2 ton SUV PHEV. Costs me almost 200 baht to travel the same distance in my Mazda 2 hatchback. 

I don’t need to know how many kWh a litre of gasoline contains to know which is my cheaper option.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

21 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Governments have made it so... you are prey to their tactics. You don't think they will look to recover their taxation income once people have moved over from gas/petrol to electric?

Prey to their tactics? Which tactic is this? To encourage us to use less petrol/diesel or reduce pollution in the cities?

Will be interesting to see how they will recover their taxation income. Higher road tax perhaps? Definitely won’t be higher electricity prices lol.