Donald Trump raped me, writer E Jean Carroll testifies in New York court

onthedarkside

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

This should be an alarm for all successful men, a woman can come along decades later and cry rape.

I would hope its an alarm for all men, many who have also been convicted after more than twenty years. Being a "successful" man should not deny a potential victim justice.

Especially when that "successful" man will now have his access hollywood tape revealed in the trial. The tape where he basically admits to sexually assaulting women.

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

This should be an alarm for all successful men, a woman can come along decades later and cry rape.

Well, I guess they could avoid the alarm bell by not sexually assaulting women, and/or men?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

You must be referring to his locker room humor. 

Being successful is a pre-requisite to be a target of alleged sexual assault charges decades ago.

Trumps success is a product of his birth family he’s a New York City trust fund baby who as a draft dodger who insulted a pow all stop ???? his cup runnith over so to speak today with this case active the proud boys are getting close to sentencing (the guys he told to stand back and stand by) his Vice President testified before the grand jury today looks like the special counsel is getting really close to indictments to me it’s a case of you reap what you sow he’s about to get his (harvest)

• Like 2

In this case, regardless of Ms. Carroll's testimony, I think the jury may have a real hard time dealing with Ms. Carroll's saying she doesn't know when the attack in question actually occurred.

As Trump's lawyer has said, how can Trump provide an alibi defense when he doesn't even know when the alleged attack occurred.

"Carroll is suing Trump for battery and defamation, alleging that he raped her in a Bergdorf Goodman dressing room in the spring of 1996 ..."

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/04/26/politics/e-jean-carroll-trump-lawsuit-testimony/index.html

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

No kidding... For real???

Yes it’s wonderful don’t you agree, this opportunity to be dragged screaming and kicking back into the fact based universe where truth matters?!

It’s an opportunity not to be wasted, make the best of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Yes it should.  Maybe they shouldn't rape.

Maybe men should obtain a signed permission slip from everyone they poke, I don't know. This women after decades comes forward, boo hoo, trump's a bad man, boo hoo

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

In this case, regardless of Ms. Carroll's testimony, I think the jury may have a real hard time dealing with Ms. Carroll's saying she doesn't know when the attack in question actually occurred.

As Trump's lawyer has said, how can Trump provide an alibi defense when he doesn't even know when the alleged attack occurred.

"Carroll is suing Trump for battery and defamation, alleging that he raped her in a Bergdorf Goodman dressing room in the spring of 1996 ..."

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/04/26/politics/e-jean-carroll-trump-lawsuit-testimony/index.html

Yes, she doesn't know much. She doesn't know what year, what month, what day it took place.Is she sure it was Trump or someone that looked like him? Her story is full of holes, but one thing she knows,he has plenty of money and she wants to get some.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

6 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Well, I certainly hope it will be an alarm for anyone intending to rape another person, adult or kid (I mention kids because they often dare to bring it up only after they become adults).

17 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Yes, she doesn't know much. She doesn't know what year, what month, what day it took place.Is she sure it was Trump or someone that looked like him? Her story is full of holes, but one thing she knows,he has plenty of money and she wants to get some.

Yeah, this case is pretty tiny in the overall scheme of things.  Trump won't even go to jail over it regardless.  But it's deeply embarrassing for him to be so publicly accused of rape.  And it's another reason why educated suburban women won't vote for him.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

But it's deeply embarrassing for him to be so publicly accused of rape.  And it's another reason why educated suburban women won't vote for him.

Not to mention the stick he will probably be getting from his wife Melania, because she won't be taking it well, especially with the Stormy Daniels fiasco still ongoing, and this after she had just given birth – – I don't think poor old donny will be getting much "loving" at home, more like the cold shoulder.

Som nam na.

Edited by xylophone

2 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Not really, normal people would understand that someone can't exactly recall the time of an event which occurred 30 years ago and which was distasteful, to say the least.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vandeventer said:

So she should, according to you, rapists should get off scot free. You clearly have a closed mind on this issue.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Not to mention the stick he will probably be getting from his wife Melania, because she won't be taking it well, especially with the Stormy Daniels fiasco still ongoing, and this after she had just given birth – – I don't think poor old donny will be getting much "loving" at home, more like the cold shoulder.

Som nam na.

Was there ever any true "loving"? I tend to make a different assumption about the reason why she married him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Not really, normal people would understand that someone can't exactly recall the time of an event which occurred 30 years ago and which was distasteful, to say the least.

Whether true or not, not having an exact date deprives the defense of offering an alibi.

2 minutes ago, candide said:

Was there ever any true "loving"? I tend to make a different assumption about the reason why she married him.

I think we are probably thinking along the same lines.......IMO she had a somewhat  "doubtful" background and reason that she was in the US, and wanted to stay, and of course poor old donnie couldn't resist a good-looking woman, so a deal was struck, so even if there was a little "loving" early on in the piece, I doubt whether there has been any for some time now!

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

7 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Whether true or not, not having an exact date deprives the defense of offering an alibi.

They've had since 21019 to drum up and alibi. That she first made the claim 24 years ago actually works in her favour. And Trump didn't sue her.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

They've had since 21019 to drum up and alibi. That she first made the claim 24 years ago actually works in her favour. And Trump didn't sue her.

How can they offer an alibi the they don't know on what date they have to determine his presence which could have been anywhere in the world?

PerNYTimes.com 25APR2023

(Joseph Tacopina, a lawyer for former President Donald J. Trump) repeated throughout his opening statement that Ms. Carroll couldn’t tell the jury the day, month, season or year the attack happened. He said that made it impossible for Mr. Trump to offer an alibi.

Edited by jerrymahoney

On 4/27/2023 at 1:07 PM, ozimoron said:

The la allows her to sue this year. It didn't allow her to sue for decades before that. The law is the law until it doesn't suit the right. Oh wait, it never was true. Refer the Supreme Court.

All the cult commenters calling this suit unjust to go after Trump obviously don't read. I feel no need to help them to wake up. The law is the law without their understanding

• Like 2