Donald Trump raped me, writer E Jean Carroll testifies in New York court

onthedarkside

7 minutes ago, bignok said:

If found not guilty, she should be made to pay all expenses and a criminal trial started against her.

The big "IF"

I prefer the one that goes "IF" Trump is found guilty he will have to pay her the requested damages and come out as a loser again. No more Mr Teflon Don

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The big "IF"

I prefer the one that goes "IF" Trump is found guilty he will have to pay her the requested damages and come out as a loser again. No more Mr Teflon Don

$7bn dollar loser. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

As I pointed out above, Trump will be given the opportunity to take the stand and give his version of events, under oath.

Trump is not obligated to appear in court as the defendant in a civil trial. But the judge has ruled that the bulk of his video deposition can be played for the jurors.

<< Trump is unlikely to testify in his own defense, but will rely on previous denials including in a video deposition taken last October in this case, Tacopina also suggested.

“There’s absolutely nothing more for him to add,” the lawyer said. “I don’t want to distract from the focus of her story.”

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/04/25/politics/carroll-trump-trial-day-one/index.html

Edited by jerrymahoney

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I know your precise meaning.

You wish to impugn the system of trial by jury, that has been the foundation of common law justice for centuries.

And all because your boy faces Justice.

woah now that's a whole lot of conclusions to jump to. expected though. 

first off. i do not and have never supported donald trump in any way. please point out a single comment i have ever made to support that. 

second. my comment is in reference to the fact that many times throughout history what happens in a court room is hardly the real truth of events that actually happened. 

but keep frothing all you like it is quite becoming.

Edited by stoner
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

7 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Trump is not obligated to appear in court as the defendant in a civil trial. But the judge has ruled that the bulk of his video deposition can be played for the jurors.

<< Trump is unlikely to testify in his own defense, but will rely on previous denials including in a video deposition taken last October in this case, Tacopina also suggested.

“There’s absolutely nothing more for him to add,” the lawyer said. “I don’t want to distract from the focus of her story.”

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/04/25/politics/carroll-trump-trial-day-one/index.html

And the Jury is permitted to come to their own conclusions as to why Trump does not wish to take the stand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

woah now that's a whole lot of conclusions to jump to. expected though. 

first off. i do not and have never supported donald trump in any way. please point out a single comment i have ever made to support that. 

second. my comment is in reference to the fact that many times throughout history what happens in a court room is hardly the real truth of events that actually happened. 

but keep frothing all you like it is quite becoming.

I’m chilled, it’s all good news so far.

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Not really, normal people would understand that someone can't exactly recall the time of an event which occurred 30 years ago and which was distasteful, to say the least.

The same goes for an alibi defense. Coming up with an alibi after this time would be unbelievable.

5 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Funny that absolutely NO ONE noticed the richest, most famous man in NYC roaming the ladies department stocking customers. Must have also walked or driven there alone?

Maybe she should hire Micheal Avenatti. ????

Funny that you think that's the way it would happen... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

Trump is unlikely to testify in his own defense, but will rely on previous denials including in a video deposition taken last October in this case, Tacopina also suggested.

Yet, Trump needed to add a series of posts on Truth Social saying.....

"A made up SCAM that was motivated by politics, and claiming that Carroll refused to produce a dress she said had DNA evidence proving Trump sexually assaulted her. Carroll's lawyer Roberta Kaplan (who is not related to the judge) raised it before calling the case's first witness on Wednesday morning.

"Tacopina initially said that Trump's comments appeared consistent with his opening statements in the case made Tuesday, but the judge wasn't buying it. Judge Kaplan pointed out that Trump had, for years, dodged taking a DNA test that would help determine the merits of Carroll's allegations"

Trump's Truth Social Posts Blasting E. Jean Carroll 'Tampering' Jury: Judge (businessinsider.com)

12 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Yet, Trump needed to add a series of posts on Truth Social saying.....

I am certainly no fan of Trump and first became familiar with his antics while I was living in New York City mid-1970's.

I just think there are sufficient holes in the case so that a juror might really feel uncomfortable issuing a guilty verdict whether they believe the alleged rape occurred or not.

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

I am certainly no fan of Trump and first became familiar with his antics while I was living in New York City mid-1970's.

I just think there are sufficient holes in the case so that a juror might really feel uncomfortable issuing a guilty verdict whether they believe the alleged rape occurred or not.

Apologises, I didn't realise that you had first hand knowledge of such long standing. 

Knowledge that obviously only a selective few are privy to.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stoner said:

donald trump will not spend any time in prison. i will wait to be proven wrong....any takers...ill offer decent odds.

Even if convicted of a felony that would ordinarily incur jail time, that ex-President Trump is guaranteed lifetime Secret Service protection makes jail time unlikely.

29 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Apologises, I didn't realise that you had first hand knowledge of such long standing. 

Knowledge that obviously only a selective few are privy to.

That's OK. I am waiting for the Georgia Fulton County DA's actions as the last 4 trips I took to USA before Covid involved long travels in rural Georgia -- where Trump held lots of rallies -- after landing into Atlanta from Seoul.

Stunned Anderson Cooper Cuts To Commercial When Trump Accuser E. Jean Carroll Calls Rape "Sexy"

ANDERSON COOPER: I think most people think of rape as a violent assault. It is not sexual--

E. JEAN CARROLL: I think most people think of rape as being sexy.

I don't suppose the judge, jury would hear this odd, peculiar and totally bizarre statement.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/06/25/stunned_anderson_cooper_cuts_to_commercial_when_trump_accuser_e_jean_carroll_calls_rape_sexy.html

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, dotcalm said:

Stunned Anderson Cooper Cuts To Commercial When Trump Accuser E. Jean Carroll Calls Rape "Sexy"

ANDERSON COOPER: I think most people think of rape as a violent assault. It is not sexual--

E. JEAN CARROLL: I think most people think of rape as being sexy.

I don't suppose the judge, jury would hear this odd, peculiar and totally bizarre statement.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/06/25/stunned_anderson_cooper_cuts_to_commercial_when_trump_accuser_e_jean_carroll_calls_rape_sexy.html

Thanks for confirming that Trump was lying and defaming her. Trump claimed that E. Jean Carroll, said that "rape was sexy" and "indicated that she loved it". It's not what can be read in the extract shown in the article.

It can also be further checked in the full transcript that she did not say what Trump claimed in other parts of the interview.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1906/24/acd.01.html

• Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 6:22 AM, mikebike said:

Funny that you think that's the way it would happen... 

That's her story, not mine. She claimed the attack happened in the changing room at the high-end department store.

A man of his prominence would have been seen by the doorman, the consier and or the manager let alone been recognized if not acknowledged by %50+ of the customers.

For her story to be true, they would have had to been the only 2 in the store.

• Haha 1