Biggest International Pride Event to Take Place in Pattaya in June

snoop1130

*Deleted post edited out*

Oh,  I made a joke .

I look forward to the day when we can make jokes about homosexuality in the same way we make jokes about heterosexuality .

That day seems to be a long way off .

And BTW , joking about a person having a sexual relationship with another person isn't "condemning " it , but I will only make jokes about men having relationships with females in the future , so as not to upset anyone 

• Love It 1

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Oh,  I made a joke .

I look forward to the day when we can make jokes about homosexuality in the same way we make jokes about heterosexuality .

And BTW , joking about a person having a sexual relationship with another person isn't "condemning " it , but I will only make jokes about men having relationships with females in the future , so as not to upset anyone

I don't remember why it got deleted but it should tell you something about that "joke". It seems you wish you could freely make that joke despite knowing that it was deleted.

Edited by ozimoron

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Oh,  I made a joke .

No need to apologise to me you can have sex with anybody 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Oh,  I made a joke .

Everyone wishes that.

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Nope. Some people are quite happy not to be offensive.

Would you be offended if you stated that you had two lesbians living next door to you and I asked whether you "had" both of them .

Would you get offended and upset and distraught about that ?

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Would you be offended if you stated that you had two lesbians living next door to you and I asked whether you "had" both of them .

Would you get offended and upset and distraught about that ?

I don't think that was your joke and I'm not sure this is even a joke.

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That was the offending joke and would you get upset and offended by it if I said it to you ?

You didn't say it to me and my reaction is irrelevant. I'm not a gay person and couldn't pass judgment. I did point out that it was deleted and you are getting awfully close to questioning a moddy decision here, not to mention restating a deleted comment.

Edited by ozimoron

*Deleted post edited out*

In case you are genuinely asking a question:

"Proud" in this case means lack of fear or shame, taking a stand against those who would call them inferior for being different than themselves. 

Biggest International Pride Event to Take Place in Pattaya

I doubt it.  Even Rhode Island (the smallest state in the US) has it beat

Rhode Island Pride Fest & Parade 2022 wordt elk jaar groter en beter

I think RI doesn't even have this many residents!  I wondered if this really was a pride event until I saw the beer promo in the lower-left corner :tongue:

14 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I have 2 very attractive & kind lesbians living next to me, so kind that they bought me a Rolex for my birthday. 

I think they misunderstood me when I said...  "I wanna watch" 

[Now that's a joke ???? ]

A very old one, 

It's quite humorous how one group, a very small group has become so protected. We can make fun of old big bikers, you know the ones who ride loud choppers around and there's no outside interference on the words. We make fun of old guys with very young G/F's, no problem. So, why is it that when the topic gears towards gays that you have to be real, real careful.

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

It's quite humorous how one group, a very small group has become so protected. We can make fun of old big bikers, you know the ones who ride loud choppers around and there's no outside interference on the words. We make fun of old guys with very young G/F's, no problem. So, why is it that when the topic gears towards gays that you have to be real, real careful.

Is even questioning the situation ok? 

7 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What about families ?

Husband and Wife and two kids who are quiet and not flamboyant at all and just want to watch from the side-lines without partying , are they welcome as well ?

Yes. Why not.  But, that's fine not to go if your family doesn't like loud music or festivals / parties etc.  

Tel Aviv and Jerusalem in the Middle East have huge Pride event every year 

Tel Aviv one of the gayest cities in the world.

Jerusalem much more conservative so more subdued events.

The rest of the Middle East very oppressive.

36 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Actually LGBT people are under attack in the majority of the planet.

Russia, almost all of Africa, almost all of the Caribbean, China, the Middle East as mentioned, the majority of Latin America, vicious right wing backlash in the US, etc.

To assert that LGBT have special protection is just wrong.

Edited by Jingthing

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Actually LGBT people are under attack in the majority of the planet.

Russia, almost all of Africa, almost all of the Caribbean, China, the Middle East as mentioned, the majority of Latin America, vicious right wing backlash in the US, etc.

To assert that LGBT have special protection is just wrong.

Oh please, I'm speaking of the tiny circle of forum people on AS. But, you knew that.

What about families ?

Husband and Wife and two kids who are quiet and not flamboyant at all and just want to watch from the side-lines without partying , are they welcome as well ?

Of course very welcome as spectators at Gay Pride parades.

But not at circuit parties. 

As mentioned before they are completely different things.

Circuit parties are designed for specific types of gay men that don't even include the majority of gay men. Also circuit parties are definitely for adults only.

Edited by Jingthing

Pattaya gay Pride parades will never be very big but its possible that commercially promoted circuit parties here could be quite big. There are international circuit party gays that travel all over the world to attend such parties. Do they have trust funds? Thus the word circuit. Plus the huge potential pool of wealthier Bangkok gays who can get here easily. 

Edited by Jingthing

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Of course very welcome as spectators at Gay Pride parades.

But not at circuit parties. 

As mentioned before they are completely different things.

Circuit parties are designed for specific types of gay men that don't even include the majority of gay men. Also circuit parties are definitely for adults only.

Had to google 'circuit party', and seem to be a not so inclusive party, by people constantly complaining about inclusiveness LOL

"Circuit party

Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Circuit_party

While open to anyone, the parties are generally viewed as social events primarily for physically fit and masculine-identified white gay men."

Edited by Jotnar

Just now, Jotnar said:

Had to google 'circuit party', and seem to be a not so inclusive party, by people constantly complaining about inclusiveness LOL

"Circuit party

Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Circuit_party

While open to anyone, the parties are generally viewed as social events primarily for physically fit and masculine-identified white gay men."

Circuit parties don't represent the whole LGBT world.

As mentioned before they are designed to be exclusionary.

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I have 2 very attractive & kind lesbians living next to me, so kind that they bought me a Rolex for my birthday. 

I think they misunderstood me when I said...  "I wanna watch" 

[Now that's a joke ???? ]

And then one said to the other "I want to be frank with you . . ."

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Circuit parties don't represent the whole LGBT world.

As mentioned before they are designed to be exclusionary.

Understood, though I do find that as a bit hypocritical.

Does seem to be a common thread with special interest groups.  Pushing inclusiveness, until it invades their world.