Someone just murdered a family friend in Chiang Mai

connda

Some sick twisted SOB just murdered a good friend of my wife's in Chiang Mai.  From what little we know the guy stalked her at her work place and convinced her to go with him for coffee.  Guess he tried to rape her and then murdered her.

Why?  She leaves a nine year old daughter and she took in one of our puppies from the last litter one of our dogs had.
Da*m - too close to home.  My wife is shattered and I'm just left numb.  I guess it's been reported on Thai news in CM.  Nothing in the English press. 

RIP.  She was a really nice gal.  This guy needs to be put down.  I guess the police have him.  We're going to try to find out which temple that will hold service for her.  This is gut wrenching sad.   Where do these Evil ******-******s come from?  We're in collective shock.

Edited by connda
  • Sad 18
  • Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

RIP young lady. 

What will happen to the kid? 

We don't know.  My wife showed me a picture but I couldn't really catch the daughter's age.
Unlike the West, extended families usually step in and take in children. 
I'll know more tomorrow after we go to CM. 

• Like 2

very sad and sorry to hear that shocking terrible news Connda ,  when it's someone you know who is a good person it makes it even harder to understand. I can only offer my sad condolences.

RIP young lady.

always remembered.

Edited by steven100
  • Like 2

This is the article machine translated so take it as it is as it's sort of disjointed.  Still - horrific!  In the Elisabeth Kübler-Ross 5 Stages of Grief - we're angry.  No, we're freakin' P%##ed in a major way.

Maybe The Last Executioner could bring his Heckler-Koch out of retirement for this one.  The dude is a repeat rapist just released from prison last year - which is why I'm for castration of the freaks - chemical or otherwise.

This is just a horror. 

https://www-matichon-co-th.translate.goog/region/news_3952587?_x_tr_sl=th&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Edited by connda
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

This is the article machine translated so take it as it is as it's sort of disjointed.  Still - horrific!  In the Elisabeth Kübler-Ross 5 Stages of Grief - we're angry.  No, we're freakin' P%##ed in a major way.

Maybe The Last Executioner could bring his Heckler-Koch out of retirement for this one.  The dude is a repeat rapist just released from prison last year - which is why I'm for castration of the freaks - chemical or otherwise.

This is just a horror. 

https://www-matichon-co-th.translate.goog/region/news_3952587?_x_tr_sl=th&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Jesus, what an animal. I'm very sorry this happened!

• Thanks 1

A Dr friend of mine told me that for some reason castration doesn't seem to work on humans the way it does on animals,possibly because we are supposed to be more intelligent,it seems as though there's only one sure way to 'cure' those sort of 'ideas'.

1 minute ago, Enoon said:

Such an extreme example that any balanced psychological assessment of him is unlikely to  reach the conclusion, as you have, that his actions can be attributed to him being......."a Thai bloke".

PS I trust you are not one of those individuals who steadfastly insists that they wouldn't intervene if they saw a Thai man knocking the **** out of a woman?

That might make you look also to be a bit of a "moral coward".

Domestic violence is on the rise in many countries. However, IMO the mindset and education of many Thai males predisposes them towards it.

I am a bit old to be intervening in an assault, it would depend on how I assessed my chances of successfully disabling the attacker.

When I was younger, certainly.

• Like 1

R  I  P

Scary world for females, glad my daughter asked me to buy her a switchblade.

I've taught her the best I could, to have a fighting chance.  Wish all gals, all ages were trained in self defense, AND, trained and issued a firearm when ready.   Equal the playing field and we'd have less horrible stories such as these.

while ongoing search:

https://www.thairath.co.th/news/crime/2690134

https://www.thaipbs.or.th/news/content/327168

Edited by Jotnar
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Many Thai males seem to be under the impression abusing women is their right,

A bit of a narrow statement considering this happens all over the world, including the country you’re from.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

the mindset and education of many Thai males predisposes them towards it.

Is this limited only to uneducated Thai males? Women are abused and murdered by all sorts of men all over the planet. I’d venture to say that this man is probably not uneducated and most likely a psychopath that has an undisclosed number of victims in his wake. I’d be surprised if he’s even from the area, probably came from the south where most of the criminals in the area come from.

4 hours ago, Enoon said:
15 hours ago, Lacessit said:

My condolences. Many Thai males seem to be under the impression abusing women is their right, yours is an extreme example. Moral cowards.

Such an extreme example that any balanced psychological assessment of him is unlikely to  reach the conclusion, as you have, that his actions can be attributed to him being......."a Thai bloke".

What makes you think that the person you are quoting believes the reason is that the suspect is "a Thai bloke"?

He says that many Thai males seem to think they can abuse women without consequence, which appears to be supported by what we see in the media.  Nowhere does he say that the suspect being "a Thai bloke" is the cause of his actions.

A troll post dragging another member into the post has been removed. Forum rules state:

31. You will not publicly discuss other members or post any member's personal information including but not limited to emails, social media messages, private messages, photos or website details. Contact information is permitted in the Jobs Offers and Jobs Wanted sections, but for the privacy and security of our members we strongly urge the use of the private message function rather the posting of personal contact information.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Enoon said:

PS I trust you are not one of those individuals who steadfastly insists that they wouldn't intervene if they saw a Thai man knocking the **** out of a woman?

That might make you look also to be a bit of a "moral coward".

Normally I would agree in the US, but especially being in a SE Asian country, trying to be a white knight could mean prison or even worse if things go sideways. 

Edited by novacova
Keep a cool head

16 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Many Thai males seem to be under the impression abusing women is their right, yours is an extreme example. Moral cowards.

What a stupid comment.

Males do it all over the world.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

You should check that the guy is in custody before you go to Chang Mai. 

There is a risk he also knows your wife and why would you expose her to that risk.

This first time someone I knew here was murdered it was a very difficult time. 

The second and then third times were a little less harrowing.

10 hours ago, cmjl said:

A Dr friend of mine told me that for some reason castration doesn't seem to work on humans the way it does on animals,possibly because we are supposed to be more intelligent,it seems as though there's only one sure way to 'cure' those sort of 'ideas'.

Rape is the projection of power, so yes, castration doesn't solve that.  It just removes the tool.