Annual Covid-19 booster shots planned for Thailand this year

webfact

32 minutes ago, webfact said:

The government encourages citizens to obtain both flu and Covid vaccines this year.

So expats aren't included as usual and nothing changes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Can you get both at the same time?

I got both shots same time when I was in US last September, fwiw. I think same arm....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, keith101 said:

No, they are included. I made an appointment for last Friday, only problem was that they had run out of Pfizer and only had Moderna which i didn't want. Can come back this week.

• Thanks 1

A series of trolling emojis on several posters posts have been removed. Continue and face suspension.

11. You will not troll or stalk other members by misusing forum posts, private messages, reactions, emojis or by any other means.

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

As I surmised nearly a year ago that we would be seeing an annual booster shot for Covid just like we do for influenza, it appears I was correct.

I already obtain an annual Flu jab, which I did this past month.  Waiting on a true newly developed booster to be developed and shipped out before I obtain another Covid booster.

I agree and am having my annual flu jab in Thailand in a few weeks time. My doctor told me not have another covid booster jab unless it is the new Pfizer BA.1 bivalent Covid-19 vaccine but they didn’t think it is readily available in Thailand yet. When I enquired at a local hospital they told me they knew nothing about this new vaccine and they were only offering the old Pfizer vaccine albeit “free”. So I will wait for the new vaccine too.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

Well expats were included in the initial vaccination rounds, and in reality did better than the locals in speed and preferred vaccine.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, skorts said:

My doctor told me not have another covid booster jab unless it is the new Pfizer BA.1 bivalent Covid-19 vaccine but they didn’t think it is readily available in Thailand yet.

Interesting , I will make a note , is your doctor in Thailand ?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Where and how?

Through the Mobile App QueQ, then you can pick from several locations. Text of locations is in Thai but if you click on navigate after you choose 1, you see a route on Google Maps from your home, so you can check which one is nearest.  App itself is English

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, skorts said:

I agree and am having my annual flu jab in Thailand in a few weeks time. My doctor told me not have another covid booster jab unless it is the new Pfizer BA.1 bivalent Covid-19 vaccine but they didn’t think it is readily available in Thailand yet. When I enquired at a local hospital they told me they knew nothing about this new vaccine and they were only offering the old Pfizer vaccine albeit “free”. So I will wait for the new vaccine too.  

It is available since March, France and Korea have donated vaccines.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

It is available since March, France and Korea have donated vaccines.

That is interesting. Please provide details of where it is available and who it is available to. I have been dealing with one of the biggest private hospital groups in Thailand and it is not yet available to them for general distribution. They told me first priority, which is understandable, will be the front line health workers. They also told me there is no information when it will be available to the general public. 

5 hours ago, skorts said:

That is interesting. Please provide details of where it is available and who it is available to. I have been dealing with one of the biggest private hospital groups in Thailand and it is not yet available to them for general distribution. They told me first priority, which is understandable, will be the front line health workers. They also told me there is no information when it will be available to the general public. 

Contact the local hospitals giving vaccinations in your area. For example there are 4 or 5 hospitals giving vaccinations in Chiang Mai, any given month. Last month, April, The Chiang Mai Neurological Hospital had pfizer bivalent. I assume a couple others likely did too. As far as I could tell they were not limiting it to any group. No publicity about this. I came in expecting to get a regular booster, and was offered pfizer bivalent.

BTW I'm posting this up assuming you actually want a booster, so many post things for other reasons these days.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sidneybear said:

I always get a flu shot, but I've put covid boosters on hold. There are too many reports of adverse reactions and, as you say, the more recent strains like Omicron are less virulent. 

Interestingly, Australia recently banned Astra Zeneca and now only recommends Covid boosters for people over 65.

As off topic as this is regarding vaccines in Thailand, here is the information to correct your statement that Australia has banned AZ, they have phased them out not banned them.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/astrazeneca-vaccine-discontinued-by-federal-government/news-story/b917f53dfbefa9342e9c3218724c58f8

The AstraZeneca Covid vaccine, sold under the brand name Vaxzevria, has not been available to the Australian public since March 20.

The federal Department of Health and Aged Care confirmed the news in a statement to news.com.au, saying although the vaccine remains provisionally approved in the country, AstraZeneca has decided to “formally discontinue Vaxzevria in Australia”.

According to the spokesperson, the last batch of pandemic supply stock expired on March 21, 2023.

As far as Covid boosters with vaccines here is some news I found this morning if your in Bangkok, not the newest vaccines probably.

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/general/40027083

Deputy governor Tavida Kamolvej on Friday officially opened a temporary vaccination unit on the 6th floor in Zone D of the MBK Centre shopping mall.

Edited by ThailandRyan