Florida man charged with throwing explosive at capitol riot

onthedarkside

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Right, why would the FBI conduct forensics after an explosion in the capitol building? It makes no sense at all. You know they have and now you're accusing them of lying to cover that it was just a squib but they arrested him anyway. You;'re really stretching a long bow here, fooling nobody.

Please could you link to the forensic report and where the FBI have actually confirmed what type of "explosive device" it was. Thanks.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Credo said:

In all the reports on this event, this is the first I've heard of the use of any type of explosive.  This guy deserves a very long stretch in prison.   

And the masterminds also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

So you've reached the lower limit of your downplay already?

Calling a firecracker a firework and not calling it an "explosive device" is sticking to the reality, rather than exaggerating .

So, IMO, I am correcting other peoples exaggerations    

18 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It could have been a firework , you now how some people exaggerate things 

Sure and the thugs who smashed windows etc., believed they were playing with a lego set. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Please could you link to the forensic report and where the FBI have actually confirmed what type of "explosive device" it was. Thanks.

No, I said that nobody should believe they haven't done so. The FBI will prove their evidence during the trial. You know that so stop trolling.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

No, I said that nobody should believe they haven't done so. The FBI will prove their evidence during the trial. You know that so stop trolling.

Not trolling. It's just a bit confusing when you write something like this

Right, why would the FBI conduct forensics after an explosion in the capitol building? It makes no sense at all. You know they have and now you're accusing them of lying to cover that it was just a squib but they arrested him anyway. You;'re really stretching a long bow here, fooling nobody."

An unfounded accusation based on unpublished forensics. I thought you might have had proof of something. Never mind.

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The FBI have publicly stated that an FBI explosives expert was unable to conclusively identify the precise dimensions, charge size or whether the device was improvised or commercially manufactured.

So the FBI will not be stating what the device was in Court

Just now, youreavinalaff said:

Not trolling. It's just a bit confusing when you write something like this

Right, why would the FBI conduct forensics after an explosion in the capitol building? It makes no sense at all. You know they have and now you're accusing them of lying to cover that it was just a squib but they arrested him anyway. You;'re really stretching a long bow here, fooling nobody."

An unfounded accusation based on unpublished forensics. I thought you might have had proof of something. Never mind.

It's utterly inconceivable to anything but a conspiracy infused mind that they haven't.

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The FBI have publicly stated that an FBI explosives expert was unable to conclusively identify the precise dimensions, charge size or whether the device was improvised or commercially manufactured.

So the FBI will not be stating what the device was in Court

They have however stated it was an explosive device, the explosives expert also gave an assessment as follows:

“An Explosives and Hazardous Devices Examiner with the Federal Bureau of Investigations was unable to conclusively identify the precise dimensions, charge size, or whether the device thrown was improvised or commercially manufactured; however, based on reviewing the various video angles that captured the explosive was able to conclude the device was capable of inflicting damage to surrounding property as well as seriously injuring persons in the vicinity of the resultant explosion. Several officers were injured as a result of the explosion.”

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/florida-man-arrested-felony-charges-actions-during-jan-6-capitol-breach-0

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Haven't what?

I asked what the device was. Do you know?

It was an explosive device that has been assessed by an FBI explosives expert to be capable of:

inflicting damage to surrounding property as well as seriously injuring persons in the vicinity of the resultant explosion.

And in further: 

Several officers were injured as a result of the explosion.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Haven't what?

I asked what the device was. Do you know?

That's exactly what I'm alleging the FBI do know. Precisely they know what the device was. I don

't know and never claimed that I do know. I only ever claimed that the FBI do know because nobody sensible would consider that they didn't conduct forensic tests. They would have wanted to know if the bomb firecracker had spread any dangerous substances.

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

That's exactly what I'm alleging the FBI do know. Precisely they know what the device was. I don

't know and never claimed that I do know. I only ever claimed that the FBI do know because nobody sensible would consider that they didn't conduct forensic tests. They would have wanted to know if the bomb firecracker had spread any dangerous substances.

Can you understand what this sentence says ?

"FBI explosives expert was unable to conclusively identify the precise dimensions, charge size or whether the device was improvised or commercially manufactured."

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Can you understand what this sentence says ?

"FBI explosives expert was unable to conclusively identify the precise dimensions, charge size or whether the device was improvised or commercially manufactured."

No sheet Sherlock? So, they don't know precisely how big is was because it went bang. They don't know who made it because it went bang as was probably simple and therefore could have been made by either. This is code for it's wasn't so complex that it could only have been made by an expert.

And now the biggie. Does it say they don't know the composition of the bomb? What this statement confirms is that they did conduct a forensic examination and must therefore know what the bomb was made of.

• Thumbs Up 1

So far, every charge of seditious conspiracy has resulted in a conviction.

The key takeaway is they didn't have to be present at the capital to be charged and convicted.

And we all know someone who MUST be charged AND convicted of the same.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Like calling a violent insurrection / coup attempt a tourism outing. 

No one has suggested that it was a tourism outing .

You are claiming it was a "coup attempt" , a Coup is when you violently overthrow the current Government .

Donald Trump was the Government at the time and they weren't trying to "overthrow" him , so, not a coup

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You are claiming it was a "coup attempt" , a Coup is when you violently overthrow the current Government .

Donald Trump was the Government at the time and they weren't trying to "overthrow" him , so, not a coup

No one?

House Republican defends 'normal tourist visit' comment about Jan. 6 insurrection (yahoo.com)

Terminal literalism.

A self coup attempt. It's a thing. 

Opinion | Yes, It Was a Coup Attempt. Here’s Why. - POLITICO

Opinion | Yes, It Was a Coup Attempt. Here’s Why.

What Trump tried is called a “self-coup,” and he did it in slow motion and in plain sight.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

He did actually say 

"A House Republican is defending a statement he made about how some video footage of the Jan. 6 assault on the U.S. Capitol looked like a “normal tourist visit.”

SOME  footage , not ALL footage

1 minute ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Not true. GOP Rep. Andrew Clyde referred to it as EXACTLY that. Use the good ol' Google machine, many many results saying just that.

And of course, Tucker Carlson, the shamed, now-unemployed mouthpiece of that insidious entertainment show, cherry picked snippets of Jan 6 videos to put the attack in a kinder, gentler light. Even GOP leaders decried this disgusting attempt to rewrite history.

Sorry, Charlie, that dog don't hunt!

Perhaps he just hasn't been informed of those facts up till now. That can happen to people that are in a news bubble.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

He did actually say 

"A House Republican is defending a statement he made about how some video footage of the Jan. 6 assault on the U.S. Capitol looked like a “normal tourist visit.”

SOME  footage , not ALL footage

Enough with the gaslighting. It's incredibly tedious.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It was something warranting arrest on Federal felony charges.

By the Garland Justice Department, which doesn't say a lot, when you consider the wide array of bonafide crimes available for his office to prosecute, but does not.

Hey, what happened to the tapes?  Why are you all hiding evidence?  If it's a big lie, then show us!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The courts have already handed down multiple verdicts of sedition.

It was an attempt to overthrow the election and thereby overthrow the transfer of power to the elected government.

So yes, sedition and an attempted coup.