Oklahoma Woman with Non-Viable Pregnancy Says Hospital Told Her to Sit in the Parking Lot 'Until You Bleed Out'

onthedarkside

image.png.5e7f228ca7d0b029270e864b8a963ab8.png

Jaci Statton, 25, was sick and bleeding from her partial molar pregnancy but Oklahoma abortion bans prevented doctors from performing a procedure to remove harmful, pre-cancerous tissue.

The 25-year-old mom from Meeker, Oklahoma, was early in her first trimester of pregnancy when she noticed she was bleeding.

"I was doing the dishes when all of a sudden I felt really sick and I looked down and saw blood soaked through my jeans," Statton, who has two children and shares another with her husband Dustin, tells PEOPLE. She started screaming for him.

READ MORE

https://people.com/health/oklahoma-woman-with-non-viable-pregnancy-told-she-had-to-woa/

image.png.71028dd37f69f27f16dda465c748c174.png

• Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Tug said:

Well the religious nutters now have the doctors so terrified that they won’t render aid that’s <deleted> horrific and I’m a dude I can’t even imagine how the women feel 

I can't blame the doctors either for trying to avoid prison.

While Europeans may be shocked and horrified, the north Americans may be saying ho-hum, so what's new? 

This is to be expected when a health service is primed to turn away patients who may not be able to pay bills. 

• Thumbs Up 1