Crafty Thai woman allegedly steals British tourist’s Rolex in Pattaya

webfact

Just now, JustAnotherHun said:

Walking around with an expensive Rolex should be no problem in Thailand. Every thief thinks it will be a 500-Baht copy.

My Wife has quite a large diamond ring...  (it stays in the safe) she had a QZ replica made which she wears at events (weddings etc) or when travelling - Kind of makes the piece pointless, but it has strong sentimental value. 

As for fakes watches - the replicas are so good these days its difficult (nearly impossible to tell) unless the movement is checked.... Thus - IF someone wants the real watch, they could easily have the ‘real one’ then when going somewhere potentially risky while still wanting to wear the watch they enjoy they could ’temporarily’ use the fake... 

Personally, I just have my Apple watch... but thats still 30,000 baht and I don't want it stolen !!!.. 

Would I wear it in Pattaya ??? I don’t know... I’d i probably not even consider the issue and just wear it. 

A US$12,0000 Submariner ???.....   probably not on a night out in the bars etc..

In the years when I used to do that kind of thing, however drunk I was, I would always undress in the bathroom, on the basis that my money was in my shorts pocket (could be as much as 15,000 Baht). One night, probably down to alcohol, I left my shorts unattended with what's-er-name in the bedroom. I discovered later that a $100 bill had disappeared.????

Just now, Iron Tongue said:

And you're naive enough to buy his story?

You haven't figured-out that he lied about meeting her at the condo because was too embarrassed to admit he paid her to go home with him after he saw her shooting ping-pong balls out of her hoo-haw?

Yup... thats a very valid point.

Which means if he picked up the bit of strumpet from a bar there may be some recourse. 

If however, elsewhere randomly he’s kind of stuck... unless the police help in stalk the area.... But would they bother, it may take a few weeks.... and even if they did catch her the watch and the money would be long gone and all she has to do is deny.... 

Thats the issue with anything valuable...  we end up becoming owned by the things we own and its often easier not to own ’nice’ things..... (but fully understandable that nice things are also enjoyable to have). 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

My Wife has quite a large diamond ring...  (it stays in the safe) she had a QZ replica made which she wears at events (weddings etc) or when travelling - Kind of makes the piece pointless, but it has strong sentimental value. 

As for fakes watches - the replicas are so good these days its difficult (nearly impossible to tell) unless the movement is checked.... Thus - IF someone wants the real watch, they could easily have the ‘real one’ then when going somewhere potentially risky while still wanting to wear the watch they enjoy they could ’temporarily’ use the fake... 

Personally, I just have my Apple watch... but thats still 30,000 baht and I don't want it stolen !!!.. 

Would I wear it in Pattaya ??? I don’t know... I’d i probably not even consider the issue and just wear it. 

A US$12,0000 Submariner ???.....   probably not on a night out in the bars etc..

My old (wealthy) friends wore real Rolex's everywhere over the almost 20 years that I knew them, and never had a problem. The one had the most amazing watch collection. 3 or 4 Rolex's, a Hublot, a limited edition Patek Phillipe (worth around $60k).

Edited by Andrew65
  • Haha 1