PC Optimizer

roger101

Help. My PC is running slow. The trouble is I am absolutely useless at trying to follow instructions. So often I read "do this or do that" and i look at thee screen and have no idea what they mean.

I started to browse different sites and read that this program will do this or that. But what I really need to be told is there one program that even a 4 year old could follow. Like hit button "B" and after that everything  is automatic.. I know that's a lot to ask for.

I know there are some computer experts out there. So what I'm asking for is any recommendations and advice.

Thank you

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Glary Utilities is another and so easy to use.

I have tried many over the years, but the ones I quoted are so easy.

I have the Pro versions of IObit stuff, for free....????.........????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Myran said:

The problem is that the "easy stuff" doesn't really do anything to make a slow computer faster. As I wrote, at most they'll improve the boot time and free up a bit of disk space.

I disagree, I have a few happy customers, after I did some very basic stuff........ 

If you are talking short start-up times etc, that is a different matter, it seems the OP's thingy has just got slow because it hasn't had regular fixes...????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

I disagree, I have a few happy customers, after I did some very basic stuff........ 

If you are talking short start-up times etc, that is a different matter, it seems the OP's thingy has just got slow because it hasn't had regular fixes...????

What is this basic stuff and why does it make the computer run faster?

"Optimizers" are mostly quite useless.

If your PC was faster before, then first have a look how much free space you have on C:/. If the drive is very full your system speed could be affected. Open ypur Explorer, rightclick on "C:"-->"Properties".

Next would be to check how much RAM is listed (if there are more than one sockets used, one of them coud be defect).

To check the available RAM goto "Settings"-->"Info". You'll see the installed RAM

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

If your PC was faster before, then first have a look how much free space you have on C:/. If the drive is very full your system speed could be affected. Open ypur Explorer, rightclick on "C:"-->"Properties".

Next would be to check how much RAM is listed (if there are more than one sockets used, one of them coud be defect).

To check the available RAM goto "Settings"-->"Info". You'll see the installed RAM

The OP knows nothing about PC's............????

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

TreeSize Free is a good tool for identifying what's clogging up diskspace

https://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free

OP ....  do you know how to download an App  ?    if so,  Google  ' Advanced System Care '  ....     hit the download,   then open the file once downloaded,   and hit the install button. 

Once it's installed '   hit the run button.   

Then let it remove and clean everything .....   make sure every box is checked to run,  such as clean registry, junk files, privacy clear,  internet,  hardware .... and so on.  

Thats it ...    your PC will run faster and smoother once you run the application.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, transam said:

I would try the easy stuff first.............????

why? an SSD conversion is guaranteed to improve persfmance by several orders of magnitude. Farting around with drivers and deleting junk files is likely to result in almost zero tangible improvement. 

That siad are there people out there still running a computer using an HDD?

Edited by n00dle
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, n00dle said:

why? an SSD conversion is guaranteed to improve persfmance by several orders of magnitude. Farting around with drivers and deleting junk files is likely to result in almost zero tangible improvement. 

We know that, but his PC has got slower, not is slow.............????

15 minutes ago, transam said:

I have listed that above in my preliminary fix, I have listed a sequence of 1 to 4 downloads..........????

aha ... correct.    I use ASC all the time and it does make my PC run faster. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, n00dle said:

That reads like you don't know how to keep a PC running at its best.......????

My PC is old, I dare not tell you how I keep it running as fast as it can, but it does have an SSD holding the Windows stuff, I also have a new 1TB HDD for back-up and storage, it's all tickety-boo........????

PS..Sorry to hear you don't update your drivers........Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.  ????

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Yes, I have two Linux boxes that run happily with HDD.

However, my three Windows boxes all have SSDs.

3 hours ago, roger101 said:

I know there are some computer experts out there. So what I'm asking for is any recommendations and advice.

Bring your PC to an expert and let the expert fix it.

Warning: Not everybody who knows 20% more than you is an expert.

And installing xyz or following instructions from people you don't know, or some video is a bad idea.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1