The best time to go for 90 day reporting.......( Think I got it figured out )

redwood1

A mate did his 90 day report last week. Paid his agent 100 baht to do it for him (80 baht really as he saved the 20 baht for baht bus to Jomtien and back). Saves having to hope for lucky time ???? 

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

A mate did his 90 day report last week. Paid his agent 100 baht to do it for him (80 baht really as he saved the 20 baht for baht bus to Jomtien and back). Saves having to hope for lucky time ???? 

was he in line at 7:41 am ? :)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

An agent that works for 100 Baht? That's something new.

How did he get his passport to the agent? Using postal pigeon?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, BenStark said:

An agent that works for 100 Baht? That's something new.

It's part of the deal when he got the initial visa/extension, 100 baht for 90 day reports. Keeps them happy and in contact to ensure agent gets next years extension I'm guessing

Edit: he dropped passport at agent office and picked up next day

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BenStark said:

For old fashioned report by postal mail photocopies are sufficient.

Maybe same for the agent?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Not sure whether Jomtien (the special ones) do not accept online?

They do.

Reminder received last week from Immigration.

This week, after the holiday, 7.40am Monday submission received notification and 17.30 same day confirmation it was done......

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

Why wouldn't you use the online system? I know the old one was a bit glitchy and some people just gave up on it, but the new one seems to be a lot better-behaved.

Completely agree.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

It's part of the deal when he got the initial visa/extension, 100 baht for 90 day reports. Keeps them happy and in contact to ensure agent gets next years extension I'm guessing

So much more effort and more expensive than just spending 1 minute doing it online.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Myran said:

So much more effort and more expensive than just spending 1 minute doing it online.

If it works for you!

It does not work for me and I have to get it done at the CM IO.  The reason they tell me is that I have a new UK passport issued here in Thailand via VFS but have never entered the country with it so I cannot use the online service.

1 hour ago, topt said:

Completely agree.

Indeed. Reading this thread made me realise that I had stupidly forgotten that today was the 90-days deadline.

I applied online, and that was done in a matter of minutes.

The irony is that we went to town today, and I drove past the Immigration Office, where I usually do the reporting in-person. But from now on, I will apply online. Well, actually, I should never have to, I normally travel out of Thailand and back quite frequently.

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

If it works for you!

It does not work for me and I have to get it done at the CM IO.  The reason they tell me is that I have a new UK passport issued here in Thailand via VFS but have never entered the country with it so I cannot use the online service.

I've never entered Thailand on my current passport and it works just fine.

1 hour ago, Myran said:

I've never entered Thailand on my current passport and it works just fine.

Same here, I got my new UK passport via VFS in Bangkok in October and thought I might have to do my first one in person on the new passsport but gave it a try anyway  and it was approved as per usual. Jomtien office.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

And what for the original extension. 1000 baht !!!!!!! :cheesy:

Oops, more like 15,000-20.000k, what a bargain. 

got to get up early to catch the smart ones out. :stoner:

Next. :coffee1:

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Best time for me is after breakfast at my desktop hammering on the PC.

Very much so, I have not done  90 day report in person for a lot of years now. On-line works just fine. I guess most of the folks above live near to Jomtien soi 5, as getting there before 8am is far too much of a chore for me!

18 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Best time for me is after breakfast at my desktop hammering on the PC.

Jomtien handles online extremely well. Get approval (or rejection) same day, usually within 3-4 hours. 

19 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

That's fine till the agent loses the passport. By the time he drops the passport off and collects it he might as well have just gone to immigration for 8 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Henryford said:

That's fine till the agent loses the passport. By the time he drops the passport off and collects it he might as well have just gone to immigration for 8 minutes.

Baht Bus to Jomtien, walk soi 5 to Immigration, wait outside in heat for whoever knows how long, baht bus back to Pattaya - cost 20 baht

Walk to Soi 13/2 to go to favourite bar, drop passport with agent on the way, pick up next day same way - cost 100 baht

I definitely prefer the latter option for 80 baht difference (not everyone likes or could be bothered with computers to do it online)

9 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Wonder how many people will turn up at 07:38 only to see the office doesn't open until 08:30 (I think OP was very lucky)

When the 90 day reporting opened outside at 7.40AM......They moved all the visa gear there they needed to operate the whole day....

So I am pretty darn sure but not 100% that they start working the 90 day reporting at 7.40 in the morning now...

Edited by redwood1

3 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Baht Bus to Jomtien, walk soi 5 to Immigration, wait outside in heat for whoever knows how long, baht bus back to Pattaya - cost 20 baht

Walk to Soi 13/2 to go to favourite bar, drop passport with agent on the way, pick up next day same way - cost 100 baht

I definitely prefer the latter option for 80 baht difference (not everyone likes or could be bothered with computers to do it online)

I have to agree with the other people.....

Its a whopping 4 trips a year to Jomtien to do the 90 day..Using a agent does seem kind of silly..

The online 90 day was a compleat wreck of a mess that went on for years and years and years I gave up on the online 90 days forever..

But maybe I will give the stinking mess of online 90 day reporting a 2nd chance...