UK government scraps plan to replace all EU laws by the end of 2023

onthedarkside

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

As the older voters die off the young become middle aged. They see that all the lies and horror stories about Brexit never materialized. They accept the status quo. They grow wiser with experience. They see the corruption engulfing the EU.

Those turning legal age to vote never really experienced life in the EU. It's an argument for a previous generation. They won't really care.

It's over. We left. Even if the EU still exists in 20 years the UK wont be rejoining it. Marvellous.

Except the evidence is Millennials are not following the same path right as previous generations.

It’s very far from over.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/financial-times-millennials-conservatives-age-b2253902.html

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Let us know when the trends change to conform to what your crystal ball has shown you. Until, then, you've got nothing.

Got nothing? We already left. I already got what I wanted.????

Let us know when a party is elected on a manifesto of holding a referendum to rejoin. And then get back to me again when the electorate vote to rejoin in said referendum.

You're as deluded as the Scots nationalists thinking Scotland will become a proud independent country as a minnow in the EU.

You've got nothing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Polls lol. See my post above this one.

Deluded.

Coudn't find what you referred to. But when it's a matter of a few polls you might have a point. But when virtually all polls support a trend, that's a different matter.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I have current evidence. Your evidence is based on your imagination.

And the 'you've got nothing" was used in relation to evidence. Your reply was utterly irrelevant.

And your reference to scotland is another irrelevancy.

In other words, you've still got nothing,.

I'll give you some evidence. The UK has left the EU. Your predictions on rejoining are based on your wishes and not based in reality.

You've got nothing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

I'll give you some evidence. The UK has left the EU. Your predictions on rejoining are based on your wishes and not based in reality.

You've got nothing.

Except actual evidence. It's you who claim you can read minds located in the future.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Coudn't find what you referred to. But when it's a matter of a few polls you might have a point. But when virtually all polls support a trend, that's a different matter.

A few polls vs a referendum to leave and actually leaving and revoking hundreds of EU laws and signing multiple trade deals.

Nice poll though. It's worth nothing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

A few polls vs a referendum to leave and actually leaving and revoking hundreds of EU laws and signing multiple trade deals.

Nice poll though. It's worth nothing.

Back to topic.

“UK government scraps plan to replace all EU laws by the end of 2023”

I wonder what caused the change of mind?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Back to topic.

Wise move. When in a hole, stop digging.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

“UK government scraps plan to replace all EU laws by the end of 2023”

I wonder what caused the change of mind?!

Probably delayed 12 months due to Covid and the war in Ukraine. What's important is that the British government decided to postpone it. The British voted to leave the EU. As a result, we do what we want, when we want.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Probably delayed 12 months due to Covid and the war in Ukraine. What's important is that the British government decided to postpone it. The British voted to leave the EU. As a result, we do what we want, when we want.

Well played, Sir......:clap2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

I'm basing my predictions on actual current evidence. It's JonnyF who can read minds situated in the future.

Current evidence is that we left. Everything else is conjecture.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

Put your shovel down.

The Government have only just announced this U-Turn, there is no credible link to your ‘probably delayed 12 months’.

It was all on track until a week ago.

So what’s changed I wonder?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

I'm basing my predictions on actual current evidence. It's JonnyF who can read minds situated in the future.

"On actual current evidence"..........Riiiiiight.............:coffee1:

• Confused 1

We are still waiting for Brexiteers to name any one of these 4000 so called ‘EU laws’ they wish to remove and tell us why.

The best they have is some general non specific reference to laws, no details of what laws, no explanation of why the specific laws need to be removed.

No wonder the Government are binning the idea.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

We are still waiting for Brexiteers to name any one of these 4000 so called ‘EU laws’ they wish to remove and tell us why.

The best they have is some general non specific reference to laws, no details of what laws, no explanation of why the specific laws need to be removed.

Why don't you understand that those laws are shackles around the wrists of Brexiters that might it extremely difficult for them to note what those laws might be.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

As a brexiteer, I don't care what you want to see, because you don't like anything positive UK related, howsat..........:clap2:

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Put your shovel down.

The Government have only just announced this U-Turn, there is no credible link to your ‘probably delayed 12 months’.

It was all on track until a week ago.

So what’s changed I wonder?

Governments don't tend to announce things on the same day they make the decision dear.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Why don't you understand that those laws are shackles around the wrists of Brexiters that might it extremely difficult for them to note what those laws might be.

You got nothing..................:clap2:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

We are still waiting for you to realize that your tactic of sending people on a wild goose chase to deflect is not only boring but repetitive and predictable.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Here are the facts,

UK has left EU.

There have been no calls for another referendum.

No political parties have said they support rejoining 

But But But...

The Guardian did a poll. 

????