UK government scraps plan to replace all EU laws by the end of 2023

onthedarkside

22 minutes ago, kwilco said:

"Nigel Farage wants second referendum if Remain campaign scrapes narrow win" https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

What he actually said was :

“In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.”

He didn't mention a second referendum 

Before Brexit, farage and his cronies mot of whom are 3 goose-steps to the right of Adolf Hitler moned about the EU for 40 years. 

35 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Oh dear. What exactly does that have to do with my post, regarding Remainers? 

what makes you think I'm talking to you?

6 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Before Brexit, farage and his cronies mot of whom are 3 goose-steps to the right of Adolf Hitler moned about the EU for 40 years. 

what makes you think I'm talking to you?

Anyone who isn't to the Left of Chairman Mao, is considered to be Far Right these days 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

Had there been, Remainers would have been up in arms about the prospect of people trying to overturn the democracy of a one and only referendum.

Shame they can't think that way now.

Remainers are agreeing with Nigel and criticising him at the same time  .

They are criticising him for saying "it wouldn't be the end" whilst doing the same thing by trying to get another referendum and also calling him a hypocrite ????

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Remainers are agreeing with Nigel and criticising him at the same time  .

They are criticising him for saying "it wouldn't be the end" whilst doing the same thing by trying to get another referendum and also calling him a hypocrite ????

We could mention SNP but that might take us off topic. ????????????

3 minutes ago, kwilco said:

tonight in the UK the ENTIRE British motor industry is saying that the Brexit trade agreement is threatening their existence and 800,000 jobs

Details here

Ford, Vauxhall owner and JLR call for UK to renegotiate Brexit deal

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/may/17/vauxhall-maker-says-brexit-deal-must-be-renegotiated-or-it-could-shut-uk-plant

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, candide said:

Nissan too....this was referred to as "project fear" by Brexiteers....the government who can't admit that Brexit was a disaster have for years said they will "not renegotiate"

In 2016 the British motor industry was bigger than it had ever been in its history. now it is smaller than at any time since the 1950s.

Still waiting to hear of a Brexit benefit.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, kwilco said:

ENTIRE British motor industry

I'd be interested to see a link to see what the "entire" motor industry said.

I guess you can't find one due to gross over exaggeration.

Edited by youreavinalaff

45 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I'd be interested to see a link to see what the "entire" motor industry said.

I guess you can't find one due to gross over exaggeration.

Spokesman from Nissan this eveing on BBC news. Do you really think it isn't happening? - head in the sand Brexiteer? What do you think is happening? Se if you can answer rather than sealioning.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Spokesman from Nissan this eveing on BBC news. Do you really think it isn't happening? - head in the sand Brexiteer? What do you think is happening? Se if you can answer rather than sealioning.

I would need to see evidence about the "entire" motor industry before i could comment. Thanks.

5 hours ago, nauseus said:

Appreciated. My post was essentially my opinion. Farage would not have been able to change a remain vote and I think he is intelligent enough to know that and I do believe that there would not have been any meaningful outcry from leavers for another referendum in the case that remain had won. That is because those who voted leave are also fairly democratic and would respect the result, either way.

We will have to agree to disagree.

My opinion is that if it had been 52-48 in favour of Remain, the likes of Farage and the ERG would not have gone away quietly. Whether the majority of 'Leave' supporters would have accepted the result is debatable. In any event, we'll never know as they are purely hypothetical questions.

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, kwilco said:

I think you will find that was Former Nissan executive and battery start-up businessman Andy Palmer

Nissan UK currently has its own Battery Factory in the UK and are currently building another one

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, kwilco said:

Nissan too....this was referred to as "project fear" by Brexiteers....the government who can't admit that Brexit was a disaster have for years said they will "not renegotiate"

In 2016 the British motor industry was bigger than it had ever been in its history. now it is smaller than at any time since the 1950s.

Look forward to you providing a link that states that in 2016 he British motor industry was bigger than it had ever been in its history

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Anyone who isn't to the Left of Chairman Mao, is considered to be Far Right these days 

That works both ways. Braverman, the ERG and UKIP (or whatever it calls itself nowadays) considers anyone who doesn't yearn for the days of Empire, and isn't wary of Johnny Foreigner, to be a Communist infiltrator and a quisling.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, RayC said:

That works both ways. Braverman, the ERG and UKIP (or whatever it calls itself nowadays) considers anyone who doesn't yearn for the days of Empire, and isn't wary of Johnny Foreigner, to be a Communist infiltrator and a quisling.

Nope , no one yearns for the days of the Empire , that is from a bygone age , that began about 400 years ago and ended about 100 years ago .

The U.K  has moved on from that and some of the things that the U.K did in India were appalling  , but Braverman , Sunak and everyone has moved on from that era and are getting on living in the present  

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, kwilco said:

Wrong.

4 hours ago, RayC said:

We will have to agree to disagree.

My opinion is that if it had been 52-48 in favour of Remain, the likes of Farage and the ERG would not have gone away quietly. Whether the majority of 'Leave' supporters would have accepted the result is debatable. In any event, we'll never know as they are purely hypothetical questions.

OK. Agree to disagree. Leave leaders would have made a lot of noise but that's as far as they would have got and I think Farage knows that. 

Edited by nauseus

6 minutes ago, candide said:

That was a bit excessive, but it was doing quite well around 2016.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/car-production

united-kingdom-car-production@2x-1.png

SMMTT stated for 2015

Best year in a decade for British car manufacturing as exports reach record high

UK car manufacturing reaches 10-year high, growing 3.9% to 1,587,677 vehicles.

21 January 2016 British manufacturers made more cars in 2015 than any year since 2005 when 1,595,697 vehicles were produced

https://www.smmt.co.uk/2016/01/best-year-in-a-decade-for-british-car-manufacturing-as-exports-reach-record-high/

11 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

SMMTT stated for 2015

Best year in a decade for British car manufacturing as exports reach record high

UK car manufacturing reaches 10-year high, growing 3.9% to 1,587,677 vehicles.

21 January 2016 British manufacturers made more cars in 2015 than any year since 2005 when 1,595,697 vehicles were produced

https://www.smmt.co.uk/2016/01/best-year-in-a-decade-for-british-car-manufacturing-as-exports-reach-record-high/

Different sources show slightly different figures, but the trend is the same.

https://www.ceicdata.com/en/indicator/united-kingdom/motor-vehicle-production

Screenshot_20230518-093255.png

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

And SMMTT stated for 2016

UK car production reached its HIGHEST LEVEL in 17 years in 2016

SMMT-Motor-Industry-Facts-2017_online_May.pdf

which is not the same as the claim that was posted

I agree, That's why I mentioned it was excessive to state that. However, 2016 was still a very good year, comparable to the other peak around 1998. One of the two highest peaks in 50 years.