Thai females average weight now 63kg!!!!

7 hours ago, Hummin said:

If you already eat enough calories, additional fat will make you fat, as well more salt gives you other additional health problems as well, more fish sauce and less hard work on the fields. 

I eat extra salt here due to the weather and exercise, it comes out in sweat and urine so no problem if you're healthy. Thai girls yeah will probably lead to problems eventually 

This is a much bigger(haha) problem than most people realize. It seems to affect women much more than men. It can happen practically overnight too. Is all the food crap nowadays? No, just 95% is crap, you have to search for healthy food. Probably the only thing in 7/11 that's healthy is water, seeds/nuts, and the few fruits on the shelf. 

Once you start eating this crap it's very hard to stop. That's why Thailand will continue to become VERY OBESE. Sometimes I walk into a store and it seems 50% obese or higher. It's not going to get any better. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

You can eat carbs (potatoes, rice, veg, fruit) and avoid processed junk

Potatoes, rice, carrots etc. can be dealt with by younger people due to higher metabolic rates and more exercise. For older people like me, it's best to avoid them.

8 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Animal fat does not make you fat, that's a myth.

Sugar, sugar, sugar, it's all about the sugar, it's everywhere and it destroys the metabolism.

Agreed and calories MATTER.  It is an easy sell telling people calories don't matter and some people are predestined to be fat.  Both are insane statements that appeases an overweight society.  If you are a rare duck with a very slow metabolism then you simply eat less and exercise a little.  Mostly it is diet and exercise plays a minor role. Not rocket science...  Cave men seemed to figure it out without any mental effort.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

BS. False sweeping generalizations appear to be a specialty of yours.

I don't know why you make up lies about what others have seen.

Had relatives in old people's homes. There were people over 90yo. At least 40% were fat.

Cause:
Ease of ready to eat fast processed foods
all of which are full of sugar.
Which is denser in calories
Which is unfulfilling as nutrients which causes you to eat more and more often.

Plus, (which relates to the above), which might be number one here...all the delicious flavored sugar teas, milks, coffees, energy drinks which are nothing but high count, BAD/TERRIBLE calories...that induce more hunger as well.

and being an addictive-like drug, it draws people to eat MORE sugar causing a looping cycle of going back to get more easy to eat unhealthy snacks.

Part of all this starts with being too lazy for someone to be cooking (even if they have the time).  

Sure, you can out exercise your calories (see Michael Phelps who ate 15,000 a day of just about anything he could get his hands on), but most people are not doing that kind of work.  Especially women historically.

so, there ya go.

Edited by Dart12

43 minutes ago, bignok said:

There are fat people that live happy long lives but  There are also 3 a day pack chain smokers that live  long happy life's.  Play 1 bullet Russian Roulette and you will be fine most rounds.  Being fat is simply adding bullets.

I know and respect fat people that own up to their addiction to food and the detrimental aspects of the addiction.  For them the risk is worth the reward and I believe in personal choice.  Only issue that upsets me is that I have to supplement their health care costs in my insurance premium.  Obese should pay much more in premiums.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, atpeace said:

There are fat people that live happy long lives but  There are also 3 a day pack chain smokers that live  long happy life's.  Play 1 bullet Russian Roulette and you will be fine most rounds.  Being fat is simply adding bullets.

I know and respect fat people that own up to their addiction to food and the detrimental aspects of the addiction.  For them the risk is worth the reward and I believe in personal choice.  Only issue that upsets me is that I have to supplement their health care costs in my insurance premium.  Obese should pay much more in premiums.

Obese people buy more food, so more consumption taxes. Same thing with drinkers and smokers. So they are paying for it. Health insurance goes up due to inflation. Drivers pay more in fuel costs. So it's the eaters, the drinkers, the smokers, the drivers that fund the economy. The person who doesn't drive, doesn't eat much or drink or smoke isn't contributing much at all to the pool of funds. They save $200 a week and pay out perhaps $10 extra in premiums.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Obviously you were asleep in statistics class, and missed the bit regarding outliers.

But they arent. Common in retirement homes. Go read the notice boards. Lots talk about it.

You don't seem to have any facts or links to back up any of your claims. You make claims with zero evidence.

Edited by bignok

2 hours ago, bignok said:

Had relatives in old people's homes. There were people over 90yo. At least 40% were fat.

Not even going there, you are obviously a troll. Goodbye.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, bignok said:

A key point would be were they fat or obese throughout their life or a bit overweight  towards the end which is probably somewhat natural. If they were obese from youth continuously over decades there would have to be a significant less chance of making it to 90 unless big changes made.

On salt it is a bit off topic as not causing obesity but it seems to me many eat huge quantities way above that they can get rid of from dealing with normal heat. Need serious exercise to get rid of that.

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

A key point would be were they fat or obese throughout their life or a bit overweight  towards the end which is probably somewhat natural. If they were obese from youth continuously over decades there would have to be a significant less chance of making it to 90 unless big changes made.

On salt it is a bit off topic as not causing obesity but it seems to me many eat huge quantities way above that they can get rid of from dealing with normal heat. Need serious exercise to get rid of that.

I don't know these other people. I know some people who were overweight all their lives from 30yo onwards. Died old.

If you start fat at 10yo when growing and organs not developed I would think you have a much less chance of old age.

You eat according to your own metabolism and fitness level. That is becoming clearer each day as new research is undertaken.

Overweight and sedentary people best avoid simple carbs, sugars and salt.

Very fit and low body fat people can eat lots of carbs and may need extra salt. They burn the carbs via exercise, lose salt through sweat, and many need to replenish it, especially if they have generally low BP.

There's a new breed of physicians who gear diet toward the fitness and fatness level of their patients. Generalizations are bad because no one size fits all. What diet a person with, say, fasting blood glucose of 65-70, 10% body fat, and BP of 105/65 needs, is much different from what a 100+ fasting blood glucose, 30%+ body fat, and BP of 130/80 needs.

Re happiness as a function of weight, I simply cannot believe it's fun to waddle around looking six months pregnant, with aching joints, back pain, no definition and always gasping for breath. The cakes and pies and colas cannot be that much of a reward to overcome the pain of obesity.

As for Thai women and their weight gain, I'm of the view (absent good research) that there is a high correlation between the 7-11 diet and the extra kilos. I recall a quote from many years ago---when Thai women might have averaged 40-45 kg---that when a Thai woman is eating she's fantasizing about her next meal. In the past that next meal was spicy somtam or noodle soup with a few balls of minced meat. Sadly, today that next meal is a sugary vente latte with some packaged junk from 7-11.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, mikebike said:

Is longer more appealing than better? Personally I will enjoy what I enjoy and have no desire whatsoever to live "longer".

Trust me you will change your mind about that simply because, exactly what is longer? Generally it’s longer than today. 

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I blame the western diet and 7 Eleven

Junk food, sugar, poor diet.......

if you increase the calories input you need to do some exercise. Most Thais I know will take a taxi  rather then walk 500 meters