Thai females average weight now 63kg!!!!

57 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

"of which there is a lot of"? My English teacher just turned over in his grave.

Dear ChatGPT, is the following phrase grammatically correct? "Of which there is a lot of."

Answer:

Yes, the phrase "Of which there is a lot of" is grammatically correct. It can be used as a relative clause to refer back to a particular noun or subject that has been previously mentioned in the sentence or preceding text. For example: "We bought several kinds of fruits, of which there is a lot of apples."

• Haha 1

should everyone do the same as you... what a boring world that would be... keeping the same weight is not easy or likely for most... 

why do you care so much about how much someone else weighs... some posters here have a very sick compulsion on this issue... what about how smart or kind they are? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2023 at 6:00 PM, scubascuba3 said:

maybe focus on self discipline so can control what you eat and lose weight, rather than focusing on who's being mean, children say that

do you have a GF or any friends at all? I am not that much overweight that it bothers me - - why would you care at all about my weight?

Or is it financial failures that make you such a bitter person. You know [or probably don't] that Thai very much don't like angry people... they can sense an angry person a mile away... and the ladies would far prefer a person a few pounds overweight to one with a nasty demeanor... why are you so obsessed with other people's weight issue? 

38 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

should everyone do the same as you... what a boring world that would be... keeping the same weight is not easy or likely for most... 

why do you care so much about how much someone else weighs... some posters here have a very sick compulsion on this issue... what about how smart or kind they are? 

It is a difference between lazy unhealthy fat, and positive healthy slightly overweight. Both attitude and spirit plays a role together with confidence.

What I do not understand is elderly men who fat shaming girls here at this fora, be it bar ladies or western ladies, it is utterly low class.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2023 at 6:52 PM, bignok said:

Are you sure about that? Go have a look

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/obesity-and-overweight

Raised BMI is a major risk factor for noncommunicable diseases such as:

cardiovascular diseases (mainly heart disease and stroke), which were the leading cause of death in 2012;

diabetes;

musculoskeletal disorders (especially osteoarthritis – a highly disabling degenerative disease of the joints);

some cancers (including endometrial, breast, ovarian, prostate, liver, gallbladder, kidney, and colon).

The risk for these noncommunicable diseases increases, with increases in BMI.

Childhood obesity is associated with a higher chance of obesity, premature death and disability in adulthood. But in addition to increased future risks, obese children experience breathing difficulties, increased risk of fractures, hypertension, early markers of cardiovascular disease, insulin resistance and psychological effects.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2023 at 7:17 AM, Victor Laszlo said:

The LBFM is fast becoming extinct. 

LBFM-POR  ( powered on rice)

More like Potato chips from 7/11,  4 helpings of fried pork,  3 fried liver bits on a stick

and that's just for breakfast now days.  

• Haha 2

On 5/18/2023 at 9:00 PM, scubascuba3 said:

maybe focus on self discipline so can control what you eat and lose weight, rather than focusing on who's being mean, children say that

Self discipline includes manners and minding your own business. 

4 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/obesity-and-overweight

Raised BMI is a major risk factor for noncommunicable diseases such as:

cardiovascular diseases (mainly heart disease and stroke), which were the leading cause of death in 2012;

diabetes;

musculoskeletal disorders (especially osteoarthritis – a highly disabling degenerative disease of the joints);

some cancers (including endometrial, breast, ovarian, prostate, liver, gallbladder, kidney, and colon).

The risk for these noncommunicable diseases increases, with increases in BMI.

Childhood obesity is associated with a higher chance of obesity, premature death and disability in adulthood. But in addition to increased future risks, obese children experience breathing difficulties, increased risk of fractures, hypertension, early markers of cardiovascular disease, insulin resistance and psychological effects.

Disproven.

People with overweight bmis live longer.

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-healthiest-weight-could-actually-be-overweight-huge-study-finds

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

do you have a GF or any friends at all? I am not that much overweight that it bothers me - - why would you care at all about my weight?

Or is it financial failures that make you such a bitter person. You know [or probably don't] that Thai very much don't like angry people... they can sense an angry person a mile away... and the ladies would far prefer a person a few pounds overweight to one with a nasty demeanor... why are you so obsessed with other people's weight issue? 

This is true. Thais care about heart and mind. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hummin said:

It is a difference between lazy unhealthy fat, and positive healthy slightly overweight. Both attitude and spirit plays a role together with confidence.

What I do not understand is elderly men who fat shaming girls here at this fora, be it bar ladies or western ladies, it is utterly low class.

Yes true. Being active means a better life overall. 

2 minutes ago, Paradise Pete said:

When I lost weight the quality of my life improved and I'm happier for it. That's just one person, of course.

True for some not all. Ive got a fat happy friend and a miserable skinny friend. Neither of them care about weight.

On 5/15/2023 at 5:23 PM, torturedsole said:

Okay, so they're eating more but not sure we can ignore the convenience food aspect, i.e. Grab and 7-Eleven etc, whereas previously they'd have jumped on the motorbike and at least walked twenty metres to fetch the food from the vendor, now it's delivered to the door. ????

Twenty metres doubtful, number of times pickup/car has pulled out in front of me only to park up again 20 metres up the street 

14 hours ago, bignok said:

From your article

"The study does have its limitations - while the 100,000 people analysed are considered to be a good representation of the population of Copenhagen, it consisted of mostly white people, so we can't say what these results could mean for people with other backgrounds. "

So I would rather believe the World Health Organization!????

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

From your article

"The study does have its limitations - while the 100,000 people analysed are considered to be a good representation of the population of Copenhagen, it consisted of mostly white people, so we can't say what these results could mean for people with other backgrounds. "

So I would rather believe the World Health Organization!????

So you believe the WHO after all the covid stuff. Ok good luck.

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

So you believe the WHO after all the covid stuff. Ok good luck.

Who make decisions for the whole populations, not individuals, I believe that is an important factor, and based on human decisions, there is a risk they also do mistakes, when health advises is mixed with political purposes.

Just now, Hummin said:

Who make decisions for the whole populations, not individuals, I believe that is an important factor, and based on human decisions, there is a risk they also do mistakes, when health advises is mixed with political purposes.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/02/210202085451.htm#:~:text=Study finds those who gradually get overweight live longest,-Date%3A February 2&text=Summary%3A,longest%2C a new study suggests.

4 minutes ago, bignok said:

That sounds both reasonable and plausible. 

Most of us have a choice, and I feel most really do not care before almost to late, get a warning, or give up. Very few who know they are wasting their life eating junk, drinking, smoking care, and somehow led to believe that is the good life, instead of dicipline, structure and daily motivation to become better humans for themselves and their closed ones. 

Why the lack of motivation to be the best we can be? Thats a valid question.

8 minutes ago, Hummin said:

That sounds both reasonable and plausible. 

Most of us have a choice, and I feel most really do not care before almost to late, get a warning, or give up. Very few who know they are wasting their life eating junk, drinking, smoking care, and somehow led to believe that is the good life, instead of dicipline, structure and daily motivation to become better humans for themselves and their closed ones. 

Why the lack of motivation to be the best we can be? Thats a valid question.

People get bored. Why else do people smoke or eat large amounts of junk food. It isn't logical to trash your own body.