Nigel Farage: ‘Brexit has failed’

webfact

3 minutes ago, RayC said:

What is this Brexit that the UK voted for? How would it have been delivered?

Listening to an interview with Nigel Farage  , he said that Brexit was done to get rid of the E.U  bureaucracy and the Tories have just made more bureaucracy and Brexit was supposed to secure the U.K borders and the Tories have let more foreigners in 

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Listening to an interview with Nigel Farage  , he said that Brexit was done to get rid of the E.U  bureaucracy and the Tories have just made more bureaucracy and Brexit was supposed to secure the U.K borders and the Tories have let more foreigners in 

I get that Mr. Farage would have done things differently (wouldn't we all????). However, apart from reducing immigration, which would have exasperated the labour shortages, neither you nor he can offer an alternative approach. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, RayC said:

Can't find anything in that link about the 'new' trade deals that the UK has with India and numerous African countries.

An 'approach' or a 'consultation' is completely different to a deal.

The link provided contains this link 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/uk-trade-agreements-in-effect

And here is the proposed trade deal with India from a few years ago and

https://www.mayerbrown.com/en/perspectives-events/publications/2023/04/proposed-uk-india-free-trade-agreement-progress-update#:~:text=In May 20211%2C the,negotiate FTAs with other countries. 

and fair enough , the U.K and India are still negotiating that deal 

2 minutes ago, RayC said:

I get that Mr. Farage would have done things differently (wouldn't we all????). However, apart from reducing immigration, which would have exasperated the labour shortages, neither you nor he can offer an alternative approach. 

Yes, I am not a Politician and it would be quite a bit above my capabilities and I don't know how Nigel would have handled it 

12 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, I am not a Politician and it would be quite a bit above my capabilities and I don't know how Nigel would have handled it 

But previously you suggested that this was not the Brexit that was voted for? I assume that you voted for Brexit so, presumably, you had a vision of what a post-Brexit UK might look like? Fair enough, you might not know how it might be achieved but the politicians such as Nigel Farage who were  peddling this concept of a 'Brave New World' should be able to detail what it is and how we were going to get there. 

Edited by RayC
Correction
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, RayC said:

But previously you suggested that this was not the Brexit that was voted for? I assume that you voted for Brexit so, presumably, you had a vision of what a post-Brexit UK might look like? Fair enough, you might not know how it might be achieved but the politicians such as Nigel Farage who were  peddling this concept of a 'Brave New World' should be able to detail what it is and how we were going to get there. 

It was Nigel Farage that said this isn't the Brexit that was voted for , I wasn't in the U.K at the time and didn't take much interest and I didn't vote .

You will have to ask him , as I cannot speak on his behalf

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It was Nigel Farage that said this isn't the Brexit that was voted for , I wasn't in the U.K at the time and didn't take much interest and I didn't vote .

l'll rephrase my original question (and add some supplementaries): Do you support Brexit? If so, in your opinion has it been a success up to now? If not, what actions should/ should not have been taken by the UK government to avoid getting to where we are? What does the UK government need to do to make Brexit a success?

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RayC said:

There never was any idea or any plan.

It was simply vandalism.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Not only is Brexit a failure, but the damage Brexit is doing to the UK continues and is cumulative.

Brexit will continue to damage the UK until it is reversed.

Was it ever going to be anything other than a failure, if the EU has any sense they will leave the U.K. where it is now, in deep do-do.

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did he mention that Brexit was a stupid idea?

Or did he pretend that the idea was great, but politicians didn't do what he somehow thought they should have done.

And obviously the EU is to blame that they didn't agree to everything he wanted. Bastards! 

Please watch the interview , I am not a go between to tell you what he said 

12 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The U.K and India have agreed on trade deals between the two Countries since the U.K left the EU and they are currently in talks about  Free trade deal .

The U.K has also agreed trade deals with Australia ...........and Singapore and numerous African Countries .

So, it did indeed happen 

Nobody need bother arguing with you.

The "deals" are there........but the "numbers" do not equate to anything like the "gain" that was foretold........nothing like it.

And everybody knows it.......you know it.

No problem for me..........I expected it to be ****, and I am not, in any way, now taken aback at the dire results.

In fact I am cheered by the fact that the ***** that voted for are now feeling the pain.........silly *******!

Cheer up Remainers, after a respectable pause.........we'll be back in!

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Well, to give them credit where credit is due, the Tories did delay and dither about hiring personnel to staff the bureaucracy of customs and immigration which was mostly an EU responsibility before the breakup. That played out briliantly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The people vigorously defending Brexit yesterday are a no show in this thread.

Don't worry! I'm still here trying to sort through the garbage. But it could be a long day!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Don't worry! I'm still here trying to sort through the garbage. But it could be a long day!

I voted for Brexit but sadly I have no vote left in the UK though it is supposedly being restored this year. Over 15 years out of the UK and lose your right to vote.

30 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I voted for Brexit but sadly I have no vote left in the UK though it is supposedly being restored this year. Over 15 years out of the UK and lose your right to vote.

What did you expect from Brexit (if you want to answer of course)?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, stevenl said:

What did you expect from Brexit (if you want to answer of course)?

A whole lot more than has happened since 2016.

I did expect problems with customs etc at the channel ports.

I had hoped that so many EU rules and regulations  would have been swept away in the last 9 years but that hasn't happened..

I didn't expect the fiasco at the NI borders that is going on now.

As for treaties from different countries, that has always been a 2 way thing.

I always expected problems from the EU and am not surprised so far.

As for Tory PMs and politicians, very little surprises me with that bunch of spineless wimps.

I am surprised and saddened by the attitude of France and illegal immigrants, and the UK government though, I should not have been. 

All in all I am disappointed with Brexit, but I cannot do anything about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I had hoped that so many EU rules and regulations  would have been swept away in the last 9 years but that hasn't happened

Ah! Thank you!

Finally... Somebody who can actually tell us which particular EU regulations he's unhappy with.

Please do list a couple. We've all been waiting years for somebody to step up to the challenge and come forward with some.