Pattaya Police ban prostitution on the beach

snoop1130

18 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

To prevent crimes against tourists that wish to stay long-term in Thailand and have the means to do so,  he could start weeding out the Jomtien Imm office where the Dragon Lady runs her criminal racket...

+ 1 :thumbsup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

You cannot compare drug dealers to prostitutes, drug dealers cost peoples lives, and when caught should be locked up for years, prostitutes are only trying to make a living and do not cause harm to any sensible people who use their services.

No, there are plenty of low-level drug dealers who don't cost people their lives.  It's easy to compare drug-dealers to prostitutes.  Both could be considered to offer something that doesn't really harm anyone (depending on the drug or the girl), but we'd rather not come into contact with them.

4 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

I walked along Beach Road, on the shops side 30 minutes ago. I was approached by at least 10 middle aged  ladies who wanted to go with me. It's good to see the area is clean of prostitution. Seriously leave them alone and go harder on the ladyboys. My sister inlaw was picked up on the beach 30 years ago and they're still together. By the way I married a Beach Road lady 25 years ago but I met her over the road from the beach and we're still together. Was that legal?

They don’t make ‘em like they used to ????

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

The only woman I have had unprotected sex with in Thailand is my GF, even that was after two years with her, and she produced a health certificate dated the day before.

Who says romance is dead?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

No, there are plenty of low-level drug dealers who don't cost people their lives.  It's easy to compare drug-dealers to prostitutes.  Both could be considered to offer something that doesn't really harm anyone (depending on the drug or the girl), but we'd rather not come into contact with them.

I usually agree with you but not this time, prostitutes prevent rapes, drug dealers get people hooked on drugs from an early age that usually ends up with them on hard drugs like heroine. They should be jailed for years when caught.

• Haha 1

Many hotels with beach views at  night along beach rd.That was a selling point for some you can see the ladies all looking and sitting for business.Now they are taking all that away,but sex workers do not exist in thailand right

24 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I usually agree with you but not this time, prostitutes prevent rapes, drug dealers get people hooked on drugs from an early age that usually ends up with them on hard drugs like heroine. They should be jailed for years when caught.

As I said, it depends on the drugs and on the girl. 

In some cases the girls are pressured into it by circumstances or family, so it can be incredibly harmful for them.  And, of course, men can easily cheat with prostitutes and wreck their families, or become so addicted to them that they cannot form normal relationships.  So there are plenty of negatives.

Equally, in some cases the drugs are weed, ecstasy or coke and the dealers only really cater to partiers.  Not everyone who takes recreational drugs moves on to things like heroine.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that most people who indulge in "party drugs" don't go onto heroine.

Either way, both are quite seedy, and while I appreciate consenting adults should be able to do what they want, it's fair for people to say that they don't want it on the beach.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

That was a selling point for some you can see the ladies all looking and sitting for business.

Are you saying people were attracted to the hotels because they could see prostitutes plying their trade?  As in they like to see them chatting with guys, picking them up and going off to have sex?  Or they like to see the women for their looks?

Sorry if this is a stupid question or you're being sarcastic, I know little about Pattaya.

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

In some cases the girls are pressured into it by circumstances or family, so it can be incredibly harmful for them.  And, of course, men can easily cheat with prostitutes and wreck their families, or become so addicted to them that they cannot form normal relationships.  So there are plenty of negatives.

Equally, in some cases the drugs are weed, ecstasy or coke and the dealers only really cater to partiers.  Not everyone who takes recreational drugs moves on to things like heroine.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that most people who indulge in "party drugs" don't go onto heroine.

Either way, both are quite seedy, and while I appreciate consenting adults should be able to do what they want, it's fair for people to say that they don't want it on the beach.

The working girls on beach road are a National Treasure...

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, morrobay said:

I heard that. IMG20220630142611.thumb.jpg.4dab262cc8d1a25336cfc68f5fad3488.jpgIMG20220630141929.thumb.jpg.a7dcfbced58fc0a6ea09bfec5d5f80dc.jpgIMG20220630141906.thumb.jpg.7f33382b9ca2281f8fbcd2fffb96ce60.jpg

The message is pretty clear ????. But will anybody care? I doubt it very much. On the other hand you see open air sex bars everywhere in Pattaya. Too much competition by freelancers? If they really care about the image they should only allow sex businesses behind doors like in many parts of the Philippines. But obviously they like to attract exactly such tourists otherwise the situation would be different. Here at my condo complex sex workers walk in and out. Sometimes I have the feeling I live in a short-time hotel. And if you stay here as a normal tourist it can be very shocking to hear what is going on in rooms next to yours every night. But this is the special vibe of Pattaya... 

download (2).jpeg

download (3).jpeg

images.png

Edited by Mickeymaus

14 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I have not found the ladies to be harassing in any way, they are just there looking at their phones. The LBs have more of a reputation for harassing, even attempting to lay hands upon you. I suspect it is their actions that have brought this about, but it seems rather wide ranging if to address that problem. It is a particular segment that needs to be focused upon, and many incidents occur off Beach Rd anyhow, 

They will be back!

Even the ladyboys are an overblown risk. Too many purported chain snatchings on Indian tourists.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

It also depends on whether the drugs are adulterated with substances to increase profit or effect, or whether the girl is willing to keep working even when she knows she has a STD.

I am in favor of legalizing both drugs and prostitution, there is plenty of evidence from around the world doing so reduces crime and corruption.

10 hours ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Even the ladyboys are an overblown risk. Too many purported chain snatchings on Indian tourists.

I don't know for sure. I certainly have seen Indians walking about wearing gold chains, and have been told by a pal they come into the police station complaining of being robbed....probably 'a bit of both'...... But there is no doubt in my mind that the LBs are more forward and likely to lay a hand on you. 

Edited by jacko45k

Good move.  I don't have anything against prostitution but not on Beach Road.  Establish a less visible area for them.   With more mainstream tourist tourist developments such as T21, Centre Point Space, and the proposed Aquatique, I think there will be continued pressure to have the prostitution elsewhere.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I don't know for sure. I certainly have seen Indians walking about wearing gold chains, and have been told by a pal they come into the police station complaining of being robbed....probably 'a bit of both'...... But there is no doubt in my mind that the LBs are more forward and likely to lay a hand on you. 

I think about 99% of the gold chain theft stories involve Indians....The ladyboys must be getting rich....lol............And the Indian insurance companies must be getting poorer....I call BS the majority of these stories....

• Like 1