Senate panel to study Move Forward party’s PM candidate

snoop1130

15 hours ago, dinsdale said:

So democracy in Thailand and the will of the people comes down to a panel of paid off and planted military elitist, royalist in the Senate through a fraudulant constitution put forward by a general who staged a coup and corrupted an election to retain power. 

you nailed it

they haven't got the message yet - you're all fired - shut the door on your way out

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

I suspect that PT are hoping that the senate will reject MF, and are already making plans to 'join hands' with Anutin & others when the inevitable happens.

ha ha, are you for real, maybe you made a joke and I just didn't get it lol :cheesy:

6 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Those 42,000 shares don't belong to Pita........he borrowed them from a friend. That explanation has been used before so why not here. ????

time will tell lol

You can imagine the deep, probing questions this committee will be asking Pita's team:

"Now then, krub, what can your candidate offer the senators here as inducements to conclude that he is a person of fit character to hold the PMs office? No cheques, please, used bank notes only, preferably US dollars. Kob khun krub."

• Like 1

Pita is a very smart man and if 112 is the compromise for most of the senators to back/not back him, he will do the right thing. 

he can’t change Thailand in one day, but if he really does a good job, the actual opposition will get more votes, won’t even need any senate votes in 4 years and so it will change step by step.

16 hours ago, dinsdale said:

So democracy in Thailand and the will of the people comes down to a panel of paid off and planted military elitist, royalist in the Senate through a fraudulant constitution put forward by a general who staged a coup and corrupted an election to retain power. 

Correct

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

senate committee set up a working panel ...... to study controversial issues related to Move Forward’s leader and potential prime minister Pita Limjaroenrat, including his anti-establishment position.

Now the muck raking begins, probably back to his childhood days, to find any incriminating evidence!

Sadly I hope not, and I wonder how many of those military Senators have dubious backgrounds. Set up a committee to investigate them!! Any at fault, eject them from the Senate.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 1

korrekt

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

I suspect that PT are hoping that the senate will reject MF, and are already making plans to 'join hands' with Anutin & others when the inevitable happens.

U got that in One 5555

Well said!

And no doubt the Senate panel will be trying to find as much proof as they can that he is absolutely the right man for the job! ????????

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He is in the process of forming a coalition to govern, which could amass a voting bloc of 313 votes in the House. He needs 376 members in a joint sitting to vote for him to become the prime minister.

Pita is facing another obstacle on his path to the premiership, as the EC is investigating an allegation that Pita holds 42,000 shares in ITV Plc, which is a media firm. The Constitution prohibits owners or shareholders of media firms from running for political office.

He may Not be the next PM, But Who will then be PM.

4 minutes ago, digger70 said:

He may Not be the next PM, But Who will then be PM.

Whoever the Senate (And Prayut's party) decide will be the next PM!!! ????

But if he does become next PM, he should "deinstate" the lot of them - they were put there illegally in the first place!

Edited by sambum
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's the way to go, just take your time:

Activist Sontiya Suksawad on Fri urges Election Commission to speed up the investigation on whether Move Forward PM candidate Pita has violated the election laws by holding ITV media shares or not. Sontiya said results should be out before voting for next PM

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1659445371897249794

18 hours ago, dinsdale said:

And the outcome of the electoral commissions findings. The same electoral commission in the news a day or 2 ago for allegedly rigging chonburi or satthahips results.

Edited by sikishrory

Thinking,  For me just a black mark for Pita!  lead to think like the ones before him is he just another puppet for the party because up to now no one seems to have heard of him especially in the realm of politics.  

As noted by another poster this is the same reason they came up with the young billionaire kid Thanakorn?  A while back. 

I would think if I would to run I would know or have advisor all around experts to cross my I and T to make sure something like this never happens. 

To be honest holding share this isn't something in the fine print. Party name moving on? ????

17 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

250 senators who are financially exceptionally privileged. Then a young election winner comes along and wants to introduce taxes for big plot landowners and ensure a fairer distribution of national income. It's all about the money. The anti-monarchy argument is just an excuse for a witch hunt.

Les majesty is the problem. It is used to remove any opposition and if it doesn't work then the defamation laws are used. Once those are removed the whole house of cards will fall.

55 minutes ago, Freed1948 said:

A certain female???????

she will not qualify as well, the only one meeting THEIR requirements are 2 people P the military and P the sleepy gold watch holder

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Then it's unlikely that they will properly get into power.

The Section 112 amendments for less severe penalties, preventing the law from being arbitrarily used for political advantage or stifling dissent and centralizing LM complaints to the Royal House Bureau rather than any citizens as in the current law. All seem reasonable but not for few.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Those 42,000 shares don't belong to Pita........he borrowed them from a friend. That explanation has been used before so why not here. ????

A dead friend seems to clear up any misunderstanding ????????

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The Section 112 amendments for less severe penalties, preventing the law from being arbitrarily used for political advantage or stifling dissent and centralizing LM complaints to the Royal House Bureau rather than any citizens as in the current law. All seem reasonable but not for few.

MFP has cool down the temperature as regards to 112 amendments by stating that the coalition parties can object to the amendments. It is not a condition for the coalition parties.