Dry season expected to end next Monday with the arrival of rainy season

snoop1130

2 hours ago, 473geo said:

Looks like June and July may not be a very rainy season for some 

Lets hope enough to get crops established and not too much in August and September to flatten them 

The problem is crops are planted say end of May, you get a drought in June and July, like we have had before, corn crops will die, very rarely to much rain will flatten a crop, not like our corn crops at home, heavy rain down they go, a few rice crops may go down.

Corn crop dies dairy farmers will cut the plants for they cow's, then the landowner will re-seed when the rains come again. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, kickstart said:

I do not know where you live, but this time last year corn crop were 2-foot-tall rains come early, when we grew corn, last time 8 years ago it was between now and end of May when we drilled corn, that is after a good week plus of rain beforehand.

This year things are late, only thing growing is sugar cane and cassava only because it has been irrigated.  

Fair comment I guess but I wasn't talking about corn.

My post:

"I'm just going to have a guess. WRONG! This will be the earlist [earliest sorry typo] start to the wet season since I've been here. 19 yrs. If anything it's been sliding later."

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

with a forecast for about 5% less than average rainfall, according to the Meteorological Department.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Most of Thailand is forecast to see more rain as high-altitude air currents,

When less is more ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The rains will be most welcome. The heat has been worse than I ever remember. 

My first Hot Season in Thailand (Just Married in January) and it has to be to be the worst anyone can remember, even in our village. ????I have had air con fitted in the bathroom so I can have a shower and get dry otherwise in a perpetual 'moist'  state since I would break out sweating immediately after the shower. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Same thing. Then would come 'A week on Monday'.

'a week on Monday' and 'next Monday' are the same. Both are the Monday that follows 'this monday' which is short for 'this coming monday'

Edited by RobU
  • Thumbs Up 1