IF TRUMP DOES THAT...': The president's behavior created a firestorm of criticism

Social Media

9 hours ago, Tug said:

Biden doesn’t feel threatened or frightened of reporters so he doesn’t have to resort to bullying 

I've been alluding to this in different ways in different threads:  the giveaway for T____ and his minions is that they behave as if they are guilty. 

Take the EJean case.  All he needed to say was "I didn't do it."  And stick with it.  And testify in his own defense in court.  And that's it. Then go about his business and let justice prevail.  All the shesnotmytypeIdonotknowhersheisawhackjob and so on, well, a patently dishonest person of his age should have figured by now he is just too damned obvious.  I think with all this adulation from rallies he thinks everyone is as vulnerable as his "poorly educated" horde. 

I have an old friend that in his later years thinks he has developed a talent for deception but is obvious as hell, thinks he's as slick as snot on a doorknob.

• Like 1

The right wingnut jobs can't seem to decide if Prez Joe is:

been replaced by a doppleganger

is braindead in a basement

is a financial criminal mastermind

Pick a lane, you're confusing your "base".

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It's already a complete mess. China and Russia are laughing their butts off while western nations argue about whether women can have a penis.

Both sides are equally fanatical. Whilst the Dems are the dominant source of vitriol on this forum (for reasons I cannot mention) the Republicans can be just as vitriolic elsewhere.

As a neutral, it's sad to see what has become of a once great country. The political and racial divides are absolutely ripping it apart. 

As for Biden's comment, sure it showed his arrogance and disdain for the average man but what do you expect from these pampered liberal elites? Trump has been rude in the past as well. For me, the difference is that Trump's brashness is part of his political persona, whereas Biden has the 'nice guy' image and you only see the hubris when the mask slips. Classic lefist hypocrisy.

Good point. What reall condemns the left is their support of the birther movement, QAnon, and stolen election conspiracy theories. Clearly, whatever crazy vicious beliefs right wingers endorse pale by comparison.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ex-president. criminal defendant and proven sex predator Trump's recent egregious behaviour at the CNN Town Hall will soon create a new firestorm of criticism.

E. Jean Carroll seeks damages from Trump for CNN town hall comments

"Attorneys for Carroll filed an amended complaint Monday in a separate, still-pending defamation lawsuit. They said they would seek at least $10 million in damages for comments Trump made at the prime-time event on May 10 and for the initial defamation that Carroll alleged".

E. Jean Carroll seeks damages from Trump for CNN town hall comments - The Washington Post (googleusercontent.com)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Good point. What reall condemns the left is their support of the birther movement, QAnon, and stolen election conspiracy theories. Clearly, whatever crazy vicious beliefs right wingers endorse pale by comparison.

Thankyou for proving my point.

You are an excellent example of 50% of the problem. Your hatred of Trump (while some 'dislike' of Trump can IMO be justified) blinds you to the massive failings and hypocrisy of the Democrats. A fully paid up member of the 2 party system. So distracted by bickering with the "enemy" while the country falls off the edge of a cliff.

Sad to see. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

It's already a complete mess. China and Russia are laughing their butts off while western nations argue about whether women can have a penis.

Both sides are equally fanatical. Whilst the Dems are the dominant source of vitriol on this forum (for reasons I cannot mention) the Republicans can be just as vitriolic elsewhere.

As a neutral, it's sad to see what has become of a once great country. The political and racial divides are absolutely ripping it apart. 

As for Biden's comment, sure it showed his arrogance and disdain for the average man but what do you expect from these pampered liberal elites? Trump has been rude in the past as well. For me, the difference is that Trump's brashness is part of his political persona, whereas Biden has the 'nice guy' image and you only see the hubris when the mask slips. Classic lefist hypocrisy.

Can trace the start of the decline as far back as Obama, maybe even more.

Since Obama it has escalated into a fast-track implosion.

It' ain't China it needs to worry about, it's the now home-grown culture.

China must be peeing itself sitting back watching it implode.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Please share with me anything on the progressive side that compares with birtherisim, QAnon, and the belief in stolen elections? 

I'm not here to be goaded into taking one side or another.

I refuse to a) waste my day arguing on the internet and b) become part of the problem.

I'm simply highlighting the way the country is ripping itself apart from within. It would appear you are too engrossed in the battle to see the bigger picture.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

I'm not here to be goaded into taking one side or another.

I refuse to a) waste my day arguing on the internet and b) become part of the problem.

I'm simply highlighting the way the country is ripping itself apart from within. It would appear you are too engrossed in the battle to see the bigger picture.

I don't buy anything you are saying and it seems your just detached from the America I know. But back to your point challenge your avoiding and answer the question. This in not about an argument it is about verifiable facts. 

"Please share with me anything on the progressive side that compares with birtherisim, QAnon, and the belief in stolen election"

41 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I don't buy anything you are saying and it seems your just detached from the America I know. But back to your point challenge your avoiding and answer the question. This in not about an argument it is about verifiable facts. 

"Please share with me anything on the progressive side that compares with birtherisim, QAnon, and the belief in stolen election"

Your honour, I present exhibit number 2.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, placeholder said:

let us try and help you re-write your post, again:  in general, educated people (confusingly referred to as 'the left') regard QAnon, stolen elections and questioning Obama's birth place as daft. Right wingers  (occasionally referred to as dumb and dumber's) soak up this stuff up and send all their money to a con man. Have I straightened out your thinking. ?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

The right wingnut jobs can't seem to decide if Prez Joe is:

been replaced by a doppleganger

is braindead in a basement

is a financial criminal mastermind

Pick a lane, you're confusing your "base".

They've never been able to focus on that. It's whatever bright and shiny new thing pops up.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, paddypower said:

let us try and help you re-write your post, again:  in general, educated people (confusingly referred to as 'the left') regard QAnon, stolen elections and questioning Obama's birth place as daft. Right wingers  (occasionally referred to as dumb and dumber's) soak up this stuff up and send all their money to a con man. Have I straightened out your thinking. ?

Yep, that will work.... good way to bridge the gap between left and right and begin the healing process...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, paddypower said:

Thanks for missing the point. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

All I can add is that if "well, it isn't as bad as Trump" is your standard of behavior, then we are all in trouble. Kinda like winning the 100 yard dash at the midget olympics. 

I feel your pain and understand how all the winning effects a person.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I feel your pain and understand how all the winning effects a person.

The man flies in a private jet, craps in a solid gold toilet, and enjoys the company of supermodels.  Nothing wrong with that. As a politician, he is a one trick pony IMHO. It worked once but cant work again. Hopefully once the GOP presidential field fleshes out a bit people can decide on a better alternative.  

8 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

The man flies in a private jet, craps in a solid gold toilet, and enjoys the company of supermodels.  Nothing wrong with that. As a politician, he is a one trick pony IMHO. It worked once but cant work again. Hopefully once the GOP presidential field fleshes out a bit people can decide on a better alternative.  

Because if there's one thing we know about the Republican electorate is that they are highly rational and don't subscribe to lunatic conspiracy theories and won't support those who purvey them.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

I agree. His Presidency will be remembered historically for that amazing feat of rushing the world to get the vaccine to market. Personally he has high marks for his supporting helping American stimulus payout, despite his own party not supporting him. Trump revealed himself early with the birthering attacks.

His supporters are not able to see his true self.

5 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I agree. His Presidency will be remembered historically for that amazing feat of rushing the world to get the vaccine to market. Personally he has high marks for his supporting helping American stimulus payout, despite his own party not supporting him. Trump revealed himself early with the birthering attacks.

His supporters are not able to see his true self.

I disagree. They saw it, but they just didn't care.  There was such a feeling of "get the bums out" about ordinary typical politicians that he was really in the right place at the right time.  Voting Trump was a big middle finger at Establishment Washington.  

Still a certain segment (but smaller than before) still don't care.  He has the strange and unique ability to wear scandals as badges of honour.  And the ego to not be ashamed of them!