Dear Tiktokers and YouTubers coming to Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

It deeply troubles me to see some of you disregarding this fact and imposing Western perspectives and behaviors upon our society.

Nearly every thread on this forum including this one has similar, self entitled farangs slagging off Thais.

1 hour ago, bogs smith said:

these brainwashed nationalists seem to think, if their culture is so rich and unique and full of colorful flavors, then why do they lag behind in almost every aspect of human development

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

Clearly the Thaiger OpEd team hasn't seen any of sixty-four million videos of young Thai women twerking on TT/YT/IG..Or the gazillion videos of the scantily clad Thai women cooking street food.

You seem to be missing an important point. These videos that seem to get you all worked up, are not being rude to anybody. Not annoying anybody.

"Scantily clad" ????? You see more on the beach. Up to them.

Whereas these youtube tossers often are offensive to people to get clicks, go viral hoping to cash in on being an ass.

I know, some people just dont get the difference.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, neverere said:

Strange that the author fails to mention the sex industry for which the country is famed, a major aspect of Thai culture.

It might have brought you here. 

But it might surprise you the vast majority of Thais have nothing to do with it.

Listen to the author, he is telling you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

we don’t do disrespectful prank videos

If by "do" they mean make, then I don't know.

If by "do" they mean "enjoy watching" then they're way off. Most of the Thais I know love to watch TikTok videos of people dressed up as the Line bear doing "pranks". I don't know where they're filmed; maybe Korea or Japan.

Some are tame and even mildy amusing on occasion. But many are way more invasive on the subjects than anything you'd ever get away with in the west.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Good on the Thais for rebelling.

These awful foreigners arriving with their rude attitude, so disrespectful. 

Sadly, Thailand is getting just like my home country, too many foreigners. 

Only in some cities.

Youtubers don't read these articles. Look at their hopeless videos. All scripted nonsense, music over the top. All hype little subtstance.

If I was doing one I would interview more locals. Go to more local restaurants, temples, markets.

25 minutes ago, Goat said:

You seem to be missing an important point. These videos that seem to get you all worked up, are not being rude to anybody. Not annoying anybody.

"Scantily clad" ????? You see more on the beach. Up to them.

Yes, you missed my point. And who said anything about offending videos having to be rude.

I was mocking the sanctimonious tone of the original post, with phrases like...

"We also have our own unique customs, traditions, and way of life that have been passed down through generations. 

Our culture is rich, diverse, and deserves to be treated with utmost respect. It is not something to disregard “for the lolz or the likes.” "

as if the Thai produced video styles I mentioned are rich cultural traditions that must be treated with respect.

I do love those ancient paintings of the Olde Siam lasses twerking. (Whoa, are those ladies topless!? Yes, they all were back in the day.)

Sorry for the interruption. You can go back to yelling at those foreign vloggers to get off your lawn.

Just now, JayClay said:

I'm not the one saying that there's anything wrong with the videos available, and I'm certainly not claiming that I could do a better job.

I think it would take many hours to do a good job. Need good camera and practice. The best one I saw was a low profile one riding a bike in Korat and filming it.

3 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Real message:

We here at Thaiger, as members of the Thai "free" press, must self-censor ourselves or we will end up in jail.

We implore you to do the same, as freedom of speech/press/expression is severely limited by arcane laws which are often illegal just to discuss.

And we are envious of your freedoms.

At the same time, we see how well the democratic land of the free do. 

Totally out of control. Sad to say, something in the middle would have been better, if people managed to make good choices, had some respect as well diciplined enough to be respectful to others views and cultures.

3 hours ago, NextG said:

Not sure what was wrong with the clip they showed as an example. He was filming and found he just had 80 baht at hand. Hardly the biggest transgression. What a storm in a teacup…

he's making 'content'.  Part of the weak story in this vid was to get the discount, and show off his dreadful thai

I don't get people that view these clips as a real life interaction - he'e pointing a camera at her, is she likely to refuse a 5b discount?

2 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

So are they suggesting that all people from the west don't shower twice a day?

Because that in it's self is having a pop at western culture and claims that we are all dirty and smelly.

So who ever wrote this article has a problem with what some of us say about Thai culture but is more than happy to rather unjustly have a go at us.

An unjust go ? We are the guests in their country. And judging by many farangs I see and their conduct, Id say we are a legit target. 

Just lie everything else ther are good youtuber tiktokkers and there are the ones that do it with no regard.  

The difference is as the person said being respectful to others no matter if you're in your home country or not.  Being in booty shorts and a tank top for instance at a temple is not respectful.

Making videos in a temple is not respectful.

There are limits that should be avoided. The problem is that sex and trash sell in this world of non responsibility and quick clicks.

10 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Just lie everything else ther are good youtuber tiktokkers and there are the ones that do it with no regard.  

The difference is as the person said being respectful to others no matter if you're in your home country or not.  Being in booty shorts and a tank top for instance at a temple is not respectful.

Making videos in a temple is not respectful.

There are limits that should be avoided. The problem is that sex and trash sell in this world of non responsibility and quick clicks.

Being in a lousy tank top anywhere, is disrespectful ???? Especially A Chang tank top, add hairy and ,,,

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Real message:

We here at Thaiger, as members of the Thai "free" press, must self-censor ourselves or we will end up in jail.

The piece was by the Thai Enquirer

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Goat said:

It might have brought you here. 

But it might surprise you the vast majority of Thais have nothing to do with it.

Listen to the author, he is telling you.

Actually it didn't bring me here. What the author is inferring, for you and others that don't comprehend, is that Thai culture is somehow superior to that of western countries. Furthermore the sex industry is endemic in Thailand, not just in tourist areas. It is a part of Thai culture.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Clearly the Thaiger OpEd team

They had absolutely nothing to do with it.   The article is from ThaiEnquirer.com  

Maybe learn to comprehend what it is that has your panties in a bunch first.