Target removes some LGBTQ products after threats

Social Media

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Is anybody paying money for those products?

TARGET-PRIDE-COLLECTION-MUGS.jpg?ve=1&tl

I guess not the whole year long. However, LGBT prides can attract a lot of people.

Additionally, LGBT represent 5-7% of the population. It's small but not neglectible. (BTW, they also vote. The GOP seems to forget this fact).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If I chose to buy or not buy a product then I’m making a consumer choice.

If I threaten others for any reason at all then I am not making a consumer choice, I’m making threats.

But these are anti LGBT threats, so Yeh, you cast them as ‘consumer choice’.

Another circle lands in the unitary Ven Diagram of hate.

What threats were made? The article does not say. Just the usual pap about people feeling "unsafe".  Plus they removed some satanic themed stuff.  Target is learning that they should not annoy their customers- Walmart is always just down the road.  Most people prefer not to see "tuck friendly" bikinis on the way to buy their Folgers coffee and corn flakes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

What threats were made? The article does not say. Just the usual pap about people feeling "unsafe".  Plus they removed some satanic themed stuff.  Target is learning that they should not annoy their customers- Walmart is always just down the road.  Most people prefer not to see "tuck friendly" bikinis on the way to buy their Folgers coffee and corn flakes.

The article says threats. So no, not the usual "pap". But if you want to find a rich deposit of pap. look no further than this post and your previous one where claimed it was about "Consumers exercising choice". You've managed the remarkable feat of being both out of your depth and sinking to a new low. You've got a real gift for ugliness.

Target is removing LGBTQ products from stores before Pride month after customers threaten workers

Target is removing certain items from its stores and making other changes to its LGBTQ merchandise nationwide ahead of Pride month, after an intense backlash from some customers including violent confrontations with its workers...

Target confirmed that it has moved its Pride merchandise from the front of the stores to the back in some Southern stores after confrontations and backlash from shoppers in those areas.

https://fortune.com/2023/05/24/target-removing-lgbtq-products-stores-pride-month-customers-threaten-workers/

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Again, no details about the supposed threats. Yet the writer does manage to do one cringe worthy thing- using the euphemistic phrase "gender affirming operation" to refer to what is more accurately called castration. 

But no mention at all of "consumers exercising choice". Yet that's how you explained what was going on at Target. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Social Media said:

Other items include "gender fluid" mugs and children's books titled "Bye Bye, Binary," "Pride 1,2,3" and "I'm not a girl."

That is one side of the opinion . 

If they want to bring "Politics (or whatever its called) into it , shouldn't they also have the other side of the opinion ?

T-shirts with "Boys are boys and girls are girls" or something of that nature ?

Just to give a balanced view and giving the Parents a choice of what they want their kids to wear .

They should do what, if they want to bring gender politics into it 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

On what basis do you speak for ‘most people’?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If your numbers are right, then there are about 93 to 95% who are not in that group.

Some of those will be supporting LGBT, some will not like them at all. And then, I guess, there is a huge group of people who just think life should go on without mentioning LGBT all the time. They don't want that their young kids will be told in school that boy and girls could just change their sex like they change their clothes. Who will they vote for? 

If there is a huge group of people "who just think that life should go on without mentioning LGBT all the time" they must be listening to voices in their heads. Obsessed much?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

When Target's sales drops maybe they'll understand their mistake. I prefer Super Walmarts anyways. Unless I happen to be in tweaker land, then I go to Target. 

One has to ponder how this insane behavior has engulfed society so quickly. Leave the kids alone.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, 2009 said:

Well, imho, good for them seeing sense.

Maybe they realized not many boys wanted to get their 'tuck friendly' girls' bathing suit.

Nothing wrong with being gay, but why do you need to tuck your meat n potatoes between your legs?

And imagine marketing that to kids?

Hurl.

What ever happened to just being a child?

I can just hear the mothers, "Jessica, don't forget to tuck you cock n balls between your legs when you go out to play at the pool."

I'll ask my son tonight if he'd like a tuck friendly swimsuit with a satanic label on it. He'll be like "WTH are you talking about?'