Police quell Bolt vs Win motorbike taxi driver standoff on Pattaya Beach

webfact

48 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

All the Bolt bikes are illegal.

Even the ones that are regular Win drivers when they're not picking up Bolt customers?  Does the required licence cover them whoever they're working for?

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Police shut down a 70-man altercation between Bolt and Win motorbike taxi drivers before things turned violent last night on Pattaya Beach, Chon Buri province, eastern Thailand.

Thailands world famous family friendly resort strikes again.

6 hours ago, treetops said:
6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Even the ones that are regular Win drivers when they're not picking up Bolt customers?  Does the required licence cover them whoever they're working for?

As the OP stated, Bolt is not licenced/certified/legalised in Thailand.  Licenced 'win' riders are. 

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's fine, if you use one you know. With win orange taxi bikes you think they are legal and many are not

As an entity, the orange-jacketed motorbike taxi service is 100% legal.  Some individuals may not be.  As an entity, Bolt isn't legal, apparently, so none of the riders/drivers can be.

15 hours ago, hotchilli said:

How many times you going to keep using that quote, do try to come up with something original for a change. You are boring us now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sungod said:

How many times you going to keep using that quote, do try to come up with something original for a change. You are boring us now.

I'll use it as often as I wish, If I'm boring you skip my posts and move on.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Ah well, keeping it in the soi 6 area where many other incidents occur.  Some people don't like getting into arguments with WIN drivers so prefer to  book a Bolt. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Ah well, keeping it in the soi 6 area where many other incidents occur.  Some people don't like getting into arguments with WIN drivers so prefer to  book a Bolt. 

Yes the infamous Soi 6 strikes again

[apologies SunGod I couldn't resist]

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Massive advantage of Bolt is they have no opportunity to bump up the price like win riders do

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Massive advantage of Bolt is they have no opportunity to bump up the price like win riders do

Yes, that was my point, we had an incident of a double up-- double price argument there some months back. Personally I just  tell a WIN what he will get, and there is never an issue.... if there was,  well a baht bus can be had either end of the six, 

Nobody likes to be ripped off. And it would be nice if those riders would be somehow regulated. 

When people write here that win riders are (mostly) legal, what does that really mean?

Is it just a paper or registration somewhere? Or are there any rules to follow and maybe some passenger protection, required insurance, etc.?

What's the point of having anybody certified if then that person can be drunk and/or rip of customers?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Yes the infamous Soi 6 strikes again

[apologies SunGod I couldn't resist]

No worries, I make allowances for those who have obvious mental disabilities.

Edited by sungod
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, that was my point, we had an incident of a double up-- double price argument there some months back. Personally I just  tell a WIN what he will get, and there is never an issue.... if there was,  well a baht bus can be had either end of the six, 

I wonder if Bolt charge double for two passengers? like win riders do