Bangkok to Celebrate Pride Month in June

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, wasabi said:

There is nothing in this world worthy of celebrating/honoring for an entire month. All these monthly events should be reduced to a day. All of them.

Well Pride Parades are one day. It's not really a month long party. Like for something like a film festival you need several days.

"Gay rights are fine we just don't want it shoved in our faces"

I don't know how many times I have been compelled to respond to this bigoted trope including the other day other than the most aggressive homophobes to always turn out to be closeted.

Then you turn on the TV or look at the news or internet and one is actually being ASSAILED 24/7 with heteronormative imagery and messaging pushing the traditional" family values and living arrangements. Last month they freaked out over a beer can. A wedding ring advertisement with two men would cause these people to go crazy and is overdue. 

???? Pride 2023 ????

ThaiRainbow.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2023 at 9:26 AM, Beachcomber said:

I think "Gays" are delusional about their self importance. Most people don't care about, it's the constant "In Your Face" attitude that riles. 

You're on the right track but it's not the gays who are doing all this. It's the trans agenda, which is being pushed all over the western world. The gays are mostly happy to take a back seat these days but you can't go 5 minutes without having some trans propaganda shoved down your throat (for want of a better phrase)

edit to add, I do follow this subject non stop on different platforms, but reading through some of the previous posts here reminded me that in Thailand you still can't do same sex marriages, so that's obviously an issue. But the majority of controversy in the west is coming from trans women in sports, changing rooms etc and from very angry and irrational trans activists.

Edited by SenorTashi
adding details
  • Like 1

On 5/30/2023 at 9:11 PM, Jingthing said:

Haters gonna hate.

Not really.I have long been a supporter of gay rights, very much influenced by gay friends from university days and before.I certainly have no objection to Gay Pride celebrations.

But I remain puzzled by the phenomenon, particularly in relatively liberated Thailand, where discrimination is very limited.Same applies to UK and other Western countries.What exactly is the point? Why do British Embassies feel the need to give Gay Pride so much attention (not so much one imagines in Saudi Arabia and other Muslim countries) - at the expense I think of other pressing issues? The British Embassy in Bangkok virtue signals on LGBT matters to the point of absurdity - talk about preaching to the converted (to be fair not so much in the last couple of years) but how about showing some real courage in for example condemning the True censorship of BBC News broadcasts? Why do people have to be defined by sexuality anyway? I'm sure I will be misunderstood - but on my part there's no hate, in fact I'm generally supportive.But the puzzlement remains at the complete absence of a sense of proportion.

• Haha 1

On 6/4/2023 at 2:37 PM, KhunLA said:

Reading comprehension goes a long way   I stated nothing about safety around then.   But hey, make sh!t up if it fits your spin.

O.K.  KhunLA, I don't want to misrepresent you. If you want to state that wasn't what you meant and you believe that children are perfectly safe in the company of LGBT people then I'll retract my statement. 

• Confused 1