I'm recently having a lot of aches and pains in my body

ubonr1971

6 minutes ago, bignok said:

Wrong. Ive tried some and no benefit. It is the ingredients not placebo. Some have more than others plus extra ingredients. Actually hard to get lots of amino acids from normal diet without eating lots of beef and eggs and your body breaks it down more slowly.

Im not going to argue with you, but for most ordinary elderly humans, normal diet is enough as long they are not on an athlete level. So up to each and one to decide. 

The saying avout hard for the body to brake down I heard for 40 years now, and not only related to elderly

• Like 1

Just now, Hummin said:

Im not going to argue with you, but for most ordinary elderly humans, normal diet is enough as long they are not on an athlete level. So up to each and one to decide. 

The saying avout hard for the body to brake down I heard for 40 years now, and not only related to elderly

I disagree because I know people over 70yo who have tried powders and benefit greatly while others 5 years younger who take no powders complain about sore muscles.

Up to you. The evidence is clear to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, bignok said:

I disagree because I know people over 70yo who have tried powders and benefit greatly while others 5 years younger who take no powders complain about sore muscles.

Up to you. The evidence is clear to me.

I'm 77 and despite exercising daily the only time I get sore muscles is if I overlook my fluid intake. A glass or two of water will quickly rectify the problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

I'm 77 and despite exercising daily the only time I get sore muscles is if I overlook my fluid intake. A glass or two of water will quickly rectify the problem.

Water doesn't do much for muscles. You need electrolytes.

10 hours ago, Dickie Dee said:

My friend was a beer addict. Had to carry 12.5% beer in backpack if stop drinking immediately have seizures and fall down. Wet Brain is a sad irreversible way to come apart. He was locked up in a facility in the bush living in a  shed like cabin. When he was released 2 years later, he was given a great job, company truck, an Apartment. Sisters fixed everything for him. He immediately wanted to celebrate,  so drove to liquor store and got beer. 12 hours later truck was in accident and he was in hospital. 3 days after he was released my daughter saw him begging outside of liquor store. 10 days later found dead bleed out on his free couch in his free apartment. 

A very sad tale. I'd not heard the term 'Wet Brain' before, but now I've read up on it this is certainly not a ending I would relish.

I only take one whisky per day now, just before I begin my 12 hour intermittent fast at around 6pm. 

5 minutes ago, bignok said:

Please don't presume to tell me what I need. I know my body and my mind very well thank you.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dickie Dee said:

My friend was a beer addict. Had to carry 12.5% beer in backpack if stop drinking immediately have seizures and fall down. Wet Brain is a sad irreversible way to come apart. He was locked up in a facility in the bush living in a  shed like cabin. When he was released 2 years later, he was given a great job, company truck, an Apartment. Sisters fixed everything for him. He immediately wanted to celebrate,  so drove to liquor store and got beer. 12 hours later truck was in accident and he was in hospital. 3 days after he was released my daughter saw him begging outside of liquor store. 10 days later found dead bleed out on his free couch in his free apartment. 

he was an alcoholic ...

• Haha 1

Whilst I was only 40 when it started your initial symptoms were exactly what I had and couple years later after exhaustive tests I was labelled with Fibromyalgia

That was over 20 years ago and controlled with Meds successfully most of the time to this day

Have you had a Covid booster lately?

I suffered similar issues for about 6 months after my Pfizer booster. Old injuries (broken collarbone and shoulder) starting to ache, weakness in the side of the body that had the jab, loss of flexibility etc.

Just a thought... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

> 50 and not enough brakes the problems accumulate.

I do like:

Day 1: heavy and hard weight training

Day 2: lite bicycle ride, 40-50 km

Day 3: alternative up to how I feel: again hard weight training or heavy bicycle training or intervall

Day 4 is than again the same as Day 2 or Day 1

Never the same hard thing twice a day and avoiding less than 48 hours brake. Fill the empty time with some training for the pump....bicycle, running.....

26 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Please don't presume to tell me what I need. I know my body and my mind very well thank you.

19 minutes ago, bignok said:

Just science.

'On a daily basis, water and a healthy diet of fruits and vegetables is sufficient to keep your electrolyte levels balanced'. 

That's also science.

10 hours ago, Hummin said:

It is said that elderly people often don't eat enough protein...they like it less and the body can't process it good enough.

No idea if it is true or false...I have it from youtube

3 hours ago, h90 said:

It is said that elderly people often don't eat enough protein...they like it less and the body can't process it good enough.

No idea if it is true or false...I have it from youtube

If you search why elderly have bad digestion, you find inactivity, poor diet, and moore. A healthy elderly who is active, have good diet, with no digestive problems, and who is still active, do not need supplements.

But it doesnt hurt, as long they do not take to much, which can have other 

After reading more, I see there is reasons for old people to supply protein, but important to read the science behind. 

Im just 55 and for the moment fine with 1g pr body weight kg, which I still managa to consume through food.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8068133/

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

If you search why elderly have bad digestion, you find inactivity, poor diet, and moore. A healthy elderly who is active, have good diet, with no digestive problems, and who is still active, do not need supplements.

But it doesnt hurt, as long they do not take to much, which can have other 

After reading more, I see there is reasons for old people to supply protein, but important to read the science behind. 

Im just 55 and for the moment fine with 1g pr body weight kg, which I still managa to consume through food.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8068133/

I agree it would not need supplements. But if someone doesn't like eggs and meat, no problem adding some protein powder to their food. Not needed but makes it easier....
I eat relative low carb (not keto) and like eggs and meat so automatically I have enough....But there are some odd days, when I trained hard and someone sent me fresh fruits, than I drink an protein shake....Wouldn't be a problem to have a day with too less protein but having enough may help with recovery.

When ridding a lot bicycle (around 100km/day) in the heat in Thailand it might be needed to add minerals. But not many people do that

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

Im in my 50s and having a lot of aches and pains. Im doing moderate exercise everyday. Last week maybe I pushed it too hard doing morning and night bench press. First time Ive ever done for a few days and then had massive muscle pain in upper left shoulder. 

Doing some gardening today I have sore knee. Really painful. 

3 weeks ago sore back when bending over to get something from the car

Is this just old age sh&t or could I be deficient in some vitamins? I have copper and zinc deficiency and taking supplements specficially for 3 months now. Feel really good apart from my old body pains. Is this all normal?

thanks

Magnesuim supplements. You should also be consuming D3.  Also Consider NAC and Glyciene

If want to go down the rabbit hole, check out Eric Berg, Andrew Huberman and any one of a million  

24 minutes ago, h90 said:

I agree it would not need supplements. But if someone doesn't like eggs and meat, no problem adding some protein powder to their food. Not needed but makes it easier....
I eat relative low carb (not keto) and like eggs and meat so automatically I have enough....But there are some odd days, when I trained hard and someone sent me fresh fruits, than I drink an protein shake....Wouldn't be a problem to have a day with too less protein but having enough may help with recovery.

When ridding a lot bicycle (around 100km/day) in the heat in Thailand it might be needed to add minerals. But not many people do that

When travelling or on my motorbike trips, I buy protein drinks, because it is hard to get proper meals without buying two meals, especially lunch when touring. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, h90 said:

no problem for short term...the bodybuilder and runner eat them like candies and they mostly get 50.

then i hope you enjoy them by the handful, god forbid liver issues affect your helpful and well informed posts here

3 minutes ago, n00dle said:

then i hope you enjoy them by the handful, god forbid liver issues affect your helpful and well informed posts here

everything you take to much the older you get, will affect you some way or the other. 

To much protein powder can cause kidney stones, or at all to much protein can be a reason for kidney stones. 

One thing good for one thing, can be bad for another, so as always, being a little sober and eat balanced, drink more water, less sugar and alchohol, and just enough exercise, not to little and not to much. 

Simple, yet so difficult. 

6 hours ago, bignok said:

Water is essential for muscles. Try exercising for sustained periods without it, and see how many agonizing cramps you get.

The only electrolyte humans need is salt to taste on their food, electrolytes are simply marketing BS designed by clever people to get money from dumb people.

• Confused 1

Just now, Lacessit said:

Water is essential for muscles. Try exercising for sustained periods without it, and see how many agonizing cramps you get.

The only electrolyte humans need is salt to taste on their food, electrolytes are simply marketing BS designed by clever people to get money from dumb people.

Absolute nonsense.

http://healthmeup.com/news-diet-fitness/post-workout-food-importance-of-potassium-and-magnesium-for-recovery/20987

51 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Coconut water is a great electrolyte drink, and no bull pie ????

Don't give up on the weights. Strength is highly correlated to lower all cause mortality.

Here's a few suggestions:

----More protein. At your age you can process protein with about 30% of the efficiency you could at 25, so take in more protein to overcome the inefficiency. New guidelines from exercise research scientists suggest 1.6gm/kg of body weight per day, up to even 2 gm/kg. You can utilize obn;y about 40 gm of protein in an hour period, so spread out over several meals. Don't worry about activating mTor, because amino acids stay in the blood for less than an hour, so from dinner to tomorrow's breakfast, mTor is turned off.

---Take collagen peptide supplements or powder. You produce about a quarter of the collagen you did at age 20. You need collagen for your joints, tendons and skin. Mix 15-25 grams of it into a protein drink daily.

---Take creatine monohydrate supplements, about 5 gm daily. Not only does it help with energy for muscle growth, it appears to have cognitive benefits as well

---Carbs after a workout, along with more protein. The anti-carb crusade might be useful if you're fat, but carbs are needed if you're athletic and exercising heavily

---Mg has already been mentioned

---Omega-3 supplements...take about 1 gm of a combo of DHA and EPA  Omega-3 daily

---For cardio, use a bike rather than running. Each step put 3x your body weight on your knees; running puts 8x body weight on your knees. Knees are not indestructible.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Don't give up on the weights. Strength is highly correlated to lower all cause mortality.

Here's a few suggestions:

----More protein. At your age you can process protein with about 30% of the efficiency you could at 25, so take in more protein to overcome the inefficiency. New guidelines from exercise research scientists suggest 1.6gm/kg of body weight per day, up to even 2 gm/kg. You can utilize obn;y about 40 gm of protein in an hour period, so spread out over several meals. Don't worry about activating mTor, because amino acids stay in the blood for less than an hour, so from dinner to tomorrow's breakfast, mTor is turned off.

---Take collagen peptide supplements or powder. You produce about a quarter of the collagen you did at age 20. You need collagen for your joints, tendons and skin. Mix 15-25 grams of it into a protein drink daily.

---Take creatine monohydrate supplements, about 5 gm daily. Not only does it help with energy for muscle growth, it appears to have cognitive benefits as well

---Carbs after a workout, along with more protein. The anti-carb crusade might be useful if you're fat, but carbs are needed if you're athletic and exercising heavily

---Mg has already been mentioned

---Omega-3 supplements...take about 1 gm of a combo of DHA and EPA  Omega-3 daily

---For cardio, use a bike rather than running. Each step put 3x your body weight on your knees; running puts 8x body weight on your knees. Knees are not indestructible.

Please back up your claim on 1,6 - 2gr pr bodyweight. 

And by the way, is that lean body weight or total body weight? Somebody who is 180cm can be 75kg bodyweight lean and muscular, while another can be 100kg fat and little muscles at all.

4 minutes ago, bignok said:

Try cacao powder in water with salt. 

Coconut water is good enough and quite handy everywhere in Thailand. Salt is enough in food 

Coconut water is naturally low in calories and sugar yet rich in electrolytes like potassium and magnesium

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/electrolytes-drinks

Edited by Hummin