Lazada ! One more misleading tactic.

CharlieH

23 hours ago, Lacessit said:

If I buy a product on Lazada which is sourced from within Thailand, my chances of getting a refund or exchange on an item are reasonably good, and the cost of getting the item back to the supplier is either low, or paid for by the supplier.

China? Forget it. Buckley's chance.

i have returned goods from China through lazada
was very simple, courier collected goods next day
refund was sent to lazada wallet though, which we couldn't access until registered

34 minutes ago, cliveb said:

Waiting months for Lazada to pick up a broken item .. Complete farce

I received an article from Lazada one morning last week, didn't like it, filled in the return form. Flashman picked it up that very afternoon and immediately got an email to say the money was in my Wallet before the guy left my gate. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Buying 18650 lithium batteries on Lazada is a big risk.

I bought some Samsung 35E batteries, rated at 3500 MaH. I tested the batteries I received, they were just 1300 MaH, obvious fakes.

I noticed that my review wasn't published. Then I noticed that a bunch of "reviews" by different buyers were copies. The reviews showed test results for real 35E batteries.

So, obvious fraud.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I normally will buy just 1 battery on Lazada and then test it. If it's good (high capacitance), then I will buy more.

These days, 90% of 18650 batteries on Lazada are fakes.

A lot of solar panels on Lazada are shown with exaggerated wattages, they will try to sell a 20 watt panel as "100 watts".

Lazada has no rule that the cited price for a pictured item be the actual price. So, they will show a 500 watt solar panel with a price of 200 baht, but if you try to buy it, the price is 10,000 baht. The 200 baht is the price of some connecting cable.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/3/2023 at 5:51 PM, CharlieH said:

I thought I'd seem some stunts pulled but look at this one..........note also the description.

SmartSelect_20230603_174850_Lazada.jpg

And do you actually receive, what is this actually for ?........an A4 size piece of Tin with that sticker on it ! ????????????

SmartSelect_20230603_175843_Lazada.jpg

And before some bright spark translates or can READ Thai yes I know what it says, but I think you get the point. (Hopefully)

I would assume based on info above that I was buying a container of pellets.

I bought some great looking Fox motorcycle boots.  The fact the seller had zero reviews should have been the warning. 

What turned up?  A pair of sands shoes that were odd sized and wouldn't fit me anyways. 

The account never changed from pending delivery so I couldn't receive and post a return/refund. 

A complete farce.  It wasn't until I looked at 'customers questions' that I wasn't the only one caught out. 

I messaged Lazada with sellers name account and all the other facts pertaining to my scam.  They inturn closed down the sellers account within a week. 

They would have made a small fortune.  Never got a refund as I couldn't prove it was delivered via electronic receipt. 

Now I'm extra careful and only COD.  Inspect before payment too.  Been OK ever since. 

This thread is the epitome of how this website is. A bunch of useless old fraangs.

Besides the Fit of some clothes i have 76 pages of Lazada orders, Paid by QR or CC, delivered to my condo on time and always as expected. For you useless gits on the left hand column click 5 star and above if you arent able to weed out the crap.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware. 

Of course, Thailand isn't in the "first-world" category for a reason, like not having a functioning Federal Trade Commission with a Consumer Protection division that actually has teeth.  So - it's Caveat Emptor, or every man and woman for themselves. Bad guys prey, suckers pay.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw another "misleading" item on Lazada today - a battery charger on sale for 69 baht.

But when I clicked on the image, it took me to a battery, not a charger. The 69 baht price was for the battery in the charger, not the pictured charger.

Its not so much Lazada as it is the dishonest and deliberately misleading vendors it allows on its platform - its extremely difficult for them to police the 1000's of such vendors.

I have been ripped off in similar instances in the past

- Purchasing a Metal Travel Cutlery set (during covid as I was sick being issued with plastic knives and forks during various quarantines while travelling) - I received what I'd ordered, but the size was only suitable for a child. 

- Purchasing 'zip up boot bag' (to put dirty shoes and boots in while travelling) - ( the bag was only big enough to fit children's footwear).

While not specifically a scam, I suspect these vendors deliberately mislead the shopper - we have to be much more diligent and go to the reviews etc, then filter out the fake reviews - it gets to the point where we don't trust anything on the platform. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I saw another "misleading" item on Lazada today - a battery charger on sale for 69 baht.

But when I clicked on the image, it took me to a battery, not a charger. The 69 baht price was for the battery in the charger, not the pictured charger.

Yep.. thats another tactic designed to deliberately mislead the shopper...

The vendor 'names' and item in the header, but then has a selection of options, starting at a minimum piece of rubbish, we have to select the full item to view the actual price.... 

... again IMO - this is deliberately misleading.

Shopping on Lazada is becoming like trying to purchase a ticket on a budget airline - the process is getting filled with paranoia at ensuring the 'correct boxes' are checked and having to read and re-read to ensure we are not getting something we don't want because a deliberate layer of obscurity has been applied.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its not so much Lazada as it is the dishonest and deliberately misleading vendors it allows on its platform - its extremely difficult for them to police the 1000's of such vendors.

I have been ripped off in similar instances in the past

- Purchasing a Metal Travel Cutlery set (during covid as I was sick being issued with plastic knives and forks during various quarantines while travelling) - I received what I'd ordered, but the size was only suitable for a child. 

- Purchasing 'zip up boot bag' (to put dirty shoes and boots in while travelling) - ( the bag was only big enough to fit children's footwear).

While not specifically a scam, I suspect these vendors deliberately mislead the shopper - we have to be much more diligent and go to the reviews etc, then filter out the fake reviews - it gets to the point where we don't trust anything on the platform. 

I am seeing a lot of fake reviews on Lazada, too.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/28/2024 at 9:13 AM, lexxy said:

This thread is the epitome of how this website is. A bunch of useless old fraangs.

Besides the Fit of some clothes i have 76 pages of Lazada orders, Paid by QR or CC, delivered to my condo on time and always as expected. For you useless gits on the left hand column click 5 star and above if you arent able to weed out the crap.

I think there are enough of us who are fully experienced in online shopping to recognise that there are now vendors on Lazada who attempt to deliberately pull the wool over the the customers eyes...

This 'never-happend-to-me' argument is rather broken.. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/28/2024 at 9:06 AM, Korat Kiwi said:

They would have made a small fortune.  Never got a refund as I couldn't prove it was delivered via electronic receipt. 

Something strange there - you should have got a refund.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/28/2024 at 8:07 AM, cdemundo said:

What can one expect for 430 THB?

I don't think it was so misleading.

It was deliberately misleading - its the online equivalent of 'bait and switch'... 

The vendor is clearly attempting to push the buyer into the assumption that he's either purchasing an air-rifle or a tin of pellets...    The photo of the item is taken in a manner which deliberately hides the fact that the item is a 'tin-sheet with a photo on it'...    but shows enough of the item to create a plausible disability of this.

The vendor is being deliberately tricky, dishonest - they know exactly what they are doing.

Does lazada have a report function?...  to report such misleading vendors ?... and if so, does Lazada take action when a vendor applies a deliberate degree of ambiguity and trickery to mislead the customer ?..

Perhaps lazada doesn't care about the customer experience and just wants as many vendors on the platform as possible.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/4/2023 at 9:33 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Where it actually states "tin wall sign" is a better clue that the item isn't pellets and a very small gun.

This is a typical 'wanna-be-lawyer' approach to this issue...   

Defending the vendor when their photo is deliberately miss-leading... in other nations this could be a breach of trading standards... 

Its a PITA having to be so careful when shopping online on such sites... 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/4/2023 at 3:00 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

At least 95% of what I bought on Lazada was what I expected.

If the description is misleading or unclear, I don't buy it.

If the seller rating is low, I won't buy it.

If the price is too good to be true, I won't buy it.

If I am not sure, I chat with the shop. Some don't react with anything useful, so I don't buy it.

Thats still leaves many good shops with many interesting products which are difficult to find in shops. I am sure some shops sell those things. But where? And do I want to travel to the other side of the city for a 100B item if I can just order it and wait for 2 days?

I guess it would be very difficult for Lazada to filter out some products and/or sellers. How many sellers are there? And how many products? Should a team of 100 people every day look at all those details? Who will pay for that?

Look at the details of the product and the seller. Chat with them. And only buy if you think all is ok. 

I think thats a fair assessment...   95% are decent, but primarily because we have learned to be extremely diligent in our online shopping and have learned to pickup on these 'deliberately ambiguous' and misleading vendors....

Its almost like a game of cat and mouse when looking for some items. 

• Like 1

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

I think thats a fair assessment...   95% are decent, but primarily because we have learned to be extremely diligent in our online shopping and have learned to pickup on these 'deliberately ambiguous' and misleading vendors....

Its almost like a game of cat and mouse when looking for some items. 

Personally, I don't think the selection process is difficult.

Is the seller rating bad or not existing: Don't buy.

Is the price too good to be true: Don't buy.

Mostly I look for authorized dealers, etc. for more expensive items.

And if I buy something for 100 or 200B and I look what the masses buy. Mostly it does the job.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/5/2023 at 1:25 PM, cliveb said:

Waiting months for Lazada to pick up a broken item .. Complete farce

It's much quicker if you drop off the item to the nearest branch of the shipper. I did that with a return two weeks ago. Cost nothing and was returned to vendor in 2 days. That was Shopee though, but assume they have something similar for Lazada. 

On 6/5/2023 at 3:55 PM, Iron Tongue said:

Walther Umarex is a line of high-end air rifles & pistols, not that cheep cheep Made in China junk gun.

The pic showed a basic pump action airgun, but the print said it was a CO2 gun (needs gas cartridges).

The pic also showed .22 caliber pellets but the print said .177 cal.

To me, it looked bogus from the start.

On top of that, air rifles require a gun permit. A major seller of air rifles was arrested a few years ago for being an unlicensed seller. Since then, it has been extremely difficult to source reasonably priced air rifles in Thailand and the vast majority of websites that used to sell them have closed down. Those sold by licensed gun shops in the Burapha area of Bangkok are overpriced, but they were imported legally. You would also need to obtain a gun permit.  

On 6/5/2023 at 5:20 PM, phetphet said:

Ordered something over a week ago. Been showing as "packed and will be handed over to courier" ever since.

You get that with Ali Express a lot, but I have always received what I ordered, even if a little late. 

22 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The photo of the item is taken in a manner which deliberately hides the fact that the item is a 'tin-sheet with a photo on it'... 

The description specifically states what it is for sale.  Who's ever seen a rifle that small?