CNS Chief's 'Plan' To Contest The Election

Mid

Sticks and stones, as I said once before to you.

That time, you replied with a very nasty, profanity-laced PM (which I saved of course, that kind of literary tome is worth saving), which included a reference to me having sexual relations with my mother. What will it be this time? I can only wait with baited breath.

Edited by jbowman1993

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CNS Chairman admits meeting with PM to discuss DPM position

The Chairman of the Council for National Security, Gen. Sonthi Boonyaratglin (สนธิ บุญยรัตกลิน ) admits that he has discussed the details of his appointment to the position of Deputy Prime Minister for National Security with Prime Minister Gen. Surayud Chulanont. Gen. Sonthi said that he will await Royal endorsement of his appointment before making further decisions.

The Council for National Security Chairman said that opposition to his appointment to the position of Deputy Prime Minister by some groups may be indicative of their concern of his policies once he assumes office.

Gen. Sonthi added that Deputy Permanent Secretary of Defence and National Legislative Assembly member Admiral Banawit Kengrean (บรรณวิทย์ เก่งเรียน) should avoid criticizing him as it was bad manners and inappropriate.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 01 October 2007

Sticks and stones, as I said once before to you.

That time, you replied with a very nasty, profanity-laced PM (which I saved of course, that kind of literary tome is worth saving), which included a reference to me having sexual relations with my mother. What will it be this time? I can only wait with baited breath.

let the record show that it was a reply to a PM initiated by you .

Gen Sonthi resigns as CNS chief

BREAKING NEWS

Council for National Security Gen Sonthi Bunyaratglin tenders his resignation from the position on Monday, according to CNS spokesman.

Col Sansern Kaewkamnerd, CNS' spokesman, said that Gen Sonthi decided to resign because he believed that his mission has already been accomplished.

Defence Minister Boonrawd Somtas earlier said after having met with Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont on Sunday that Gen Sonthi has accepted deputy prime minister post overseeing national security.

Gen Sonthi will officially take the post after he is endorsed by His Majesty the King, Gen Boonrawd said.

snip

bangkokpost.com

Just as an aside, if one goes to the BBC report on this, you can amuse your self by clicking on a certain link in the analysis section. See what happens.

Some things are not a'changing.

Regards

Interesting article there in that analysis section link that contains this accurate assessment:

_42114622_thaksin_ap203.jpg

"Thaksin was so successful he felt no one else would outsmart him - I think that was his undoing."

- Sulak Siwalak, social critic

Edited by sriracha john