DSI Raids Accounting and Law Firm in Phuket Allegedly Being Illegal Nominee for Foreigners

webfact

2 hours ago, geisha said:

Maybe damage to forest or beach land ? Not sure, but I saw many newly built villas on Phuket , mostly on hillside near the sea. I was told by a friend who lives in Kata that they were mostly Russian owned.  Same has happened in Bali .

The damages would be illigal ownership of land

• Like 1

We all know what goes on its not big secret, so now what they going to do about it? start arresting the Farang? 

Dont pi$$ the Farang off to much this news will travel fast especially around the Russian community, 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

Maybe damage to the faces of DSI that it has been operating under their nose for 15 years whereas every other man and his dog has known this has been occurring since Thailand was ruled by the dinosaurs. 

That’s about the time since the British decided it wasn’t worth colonising as it wasn’t worth the effort

More than 15 years that I know of

3 hours ago, riverhigh said:

From the original article:

“Foreigners are real company owners with Thai people as shareholders. Buying lands via nominee companies are not real businesses because by law they have to pay for tax and other fees, about 10 percent for each time of purchase. Foreigners buy lands via changing shareholders to avoid tax and Thai law around owning land. The future problem is, lands will finally belong to foreigners, which is strictly against the law in Thailand and what sparked this raid.” Major Suriya told the Phuket Express.

I have no sympathy for people, in this case foreigners, who knowingly are circumventing the laws. There are no innocents. Friends and acquatances of mine who own houses through a corporation know exactly what they are doing is illegal. Their deep down beleif is that there is safety in numbers and the Thai government will never go after them because of the damage it would cause the Thai economy. 

But just to clarify.  I take it ass u me that the Thai shareholders are members of the staff or friends of the accounting firm.  If that is the case could they not eventually take over the properties as they would have the majority of the shares.

The bigger issue is how much is this going to screw things up in the future for others that want to start a real business

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

I’ve had a good 18 happy years here purchased and sold property in that time so much so I was able to build my beach home. Yes it’s high stakes but when I came here I was prepared to lose the capitol I had brought over I knew and fully understood the consequences and risks I was undertaking there is absolutely no way could I ever had such a property in Europe . If I lost it tomorrow I would shed a tear but I wouldn’t be destitute and I would take with me 18 wonderful years of living in Thailand my next destination would be the Philippines where my U.K. pension would no longer be frozen and would give me an extra 2,000 baht a week . Life’s a gamble some you win some you lose but as my dad taught me never keep,all your eggs in the same basket !!!!

Id be happy with the Apple basket only