SCB ending SCB Easy Net internet banking.

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Can't use SCB Easy anymore. Can't get facial recognition done at my SCB branch. So must go in person every time I want to make a transfer? What happens if I'm in the hospital and need to transfer a couple of hundred thousand?

Well according to KhunBENQ you just use your ATM card, apparently He has one for SCB Easynet  unlike anybody else. :whistling::whistling:

This thoroughly sucks.

First - this contention:
"In this regard, you can use banking services to make financial trnasactions via the SCB Easy (modile banking) application, which is more advanced and secure."

Android is the quintessential data harvesting application.  And trust me -- SCB_Easy over Desktop Linux is a ****-ton more secure than any application running over Android.

I have a handful of transfers that I need to make each year so I need to do some soul-searching as to whether or not I need to exchange "convenience" for security.  I prefer not to run my banking application on a so-called 'smart-phone.'  Yeah, it's smart - smart enough to expose your private information (metadata especially) to all takers.  And what's this "facial recognition" bruhaha. 

"You can continue using services and making financial transactions seamlessly via the SCB EASY app, including facial recognition"......blahblahblahblahblah... 
Yeah - put Joe Average and Somchai TaMaDa under the microscope while "Big Banks" are fined again and again and again for facilitating 'money laundering' - and no bank executives ever go to jail.  But those of us with Jack-Scat?  You gotta watch the commoners with you're phones camera as well as track a transfer of every satang. 

Ok - perhaps SCB EASY Android is secure - but I don't trust Android. 
I guess Google can sue me then, 'eh?

• Thumbs Up 1

Has anyone found a workaround for installing the app while outside of Thailand ? I am currently abroad and switched to a new phone and was not able to register the app. I tried with a VPN but no luck; I also contacted SCB and they said you MUST be in Thailand to register the app. 

It was not a big deal for me since I was still able to use the old easy net website but now that they are closing it down it becomes a real problem.

In the past it was not necessary to re-register the app when changing phones as long as I was restoring a backup but now it is.

What's the best alternative to SCB currently ? I'll try to open a new account with another bank when I'm back next month.

Btw I have the same problem with the Krungsri app.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 9:01 AM, brianthainess said:

Well according to KhunBENQ you just use your ATM card, apparently He has one for SCB Easynet  unlike anybody else. :whistling::whistling:

You've said that several times. Are you talking about the old "hip" cards or normal debit cards ??

1 hour ago, blackcab said:

EasyNet is an electronic system accessible on the internet that allows people to access information about their bank accounts, and also to perform transactions. For lack of a better description, it is what most people would consider "online banking".

EasyNet is not an account. You cannot get an Easynet account. EasyNet is a way of accessing accounts that you already have. So, if you have an account with SCB, you can access is via EasyNet, in the same way that you can access the account by the SCB Easy mobile app or by telephone banking, or at an ATM.

Again, you are mistaking EasyNet as a type of account that you can access using an ATM card. In reality, as I have explained, EasyNet is a method of accessing your existing account.

I have accounts at SCB. I use EasyNet to check the balances of these accounts. I use the SCB Easy mobile app to perform transactions on my account. I have an ATM card for one of these accounts. I have bank books for all of these accounts.

Another way to explain it is that you can have an SCB account and not be registered for EasyNet, but you cannot be registered with EasyNet if you do not have an SBC account.

You still don't get it do you. SBC Easy-net is a separate account.  you do NOT GET AN ATM CARD to make withdraws from it or a normal bank book. YOU must do every transaction online or using an app if you want to withdraw, transfer, or deposit. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Utter RUBISH I had one until last week

I can't believe you guys are arguing about this .

But for arguments sake where in that picture does it suggest it is called EasyNet account? They have a EZ Savings account - https://www.scb.co.th/en/personal-banking/deposits/savings-account/easy-saving-account.html

Further down the page it mentions - 

Capture.JPG.cf41b14027e8f5378b10245a19376de2.JPG

Further research turns up this link which shows the Savings E Passbook which I guess is what you had -

https://www.scb.co.th/en/personal-banking/rates-fees.html

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Some posters will never stick to the topic.

Give up!

Why should he - you are the one who is wrong but for some reason either cannot see it or accept it.......

I guess it doesn't matter since Easy Net is disappearing so will these supposed accounts...........:coffee1:

• Thanks 1

I have two SCB accounts, one  a 2 name account with my Thai partner and one in my name only.

Both can be managed with PC-Chrome and Easy Net access, the one name account I can also manage with the SCB EASY app on my Android phone.

As the Easy Net option will end next month and I did not see how to manage both accounts with the app I went to the local branch and let the staff do it for me. Result was a somewhat lengthy discussion with the local staff and the central SCB helpdesk both in Thai and English, and my Thai is fair, but it ended with we are very sorry Sir but we do not know how to do this but we will get back to you. This was a couple of days ago.

Has anyone been in the same situation and knows the answer?

Tried installing a second version of the App with DualApp but you have to switch off WIFI and they find out and deny registration.

So far I guess we will just have to cancel the 2 name account, no big deal but we have a number of direct debits on that account like Waterworks, PEA etc and you can not simply move them to another account but have to set them up again, unpleasant.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, rcjoop said:

and you can not simply move them to another account but have to set them up again, unpleasant.

Yes making this move with only a months advance notice seems a little rushed to me.

I was certainly not aware of any news around this sort of thing happening in the near future with any banks prior to this.

Perhaps the banks all drew straws and the others are now watching and waiting in the wings to see the result..........

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rcjoop said:

Yep take your money out over the counter, go to another bank. scb could give me my money, but couldn't open their own site on my lap top as i have said after 2.5 hours! even they gave up.

3 hours ago, rcjoop said:

I have two SCB accounts, one  a 2 name account with my Thai partner and one in my name only.

Both can be managed with PC-Chrome and Easy Net access, the one name account I can also manage with the SCB EASY app on my Android phone.

As the Easy Net option will end next month and I did not see how to manage both accounts with the app I went to the local branch and let the staff do it for me. Result was a somewhat lengthy discussion with the local staff and the central SCB helpdesk both in Thai and English, and my Thai is fair, but it ended with we are very sorry Sir but we do not know how to do this but we will get back to you. This was a couple of days ago.

Tried installing a second version of the App with DualApp but you have to switch off WIFI and they find out and deny registration.

So far I guess we will just have to cancel the 2 name account, no big deal but we have a number of direct debits on that account like Waterworks, PEA etc and you can not simply move them to another account but have to set them up again, unpleasant.

On the App you can manage both accounts, but the joint account can only be managed by one person. I have had the App for years managing this way and never had any problems.

14 hours ago, rimmae2 said:

On the App you can manage both accounts, but the joint account can only be managed by one person. I have had the App for years managing this way and never had any problems.

This is how I would expect it to behave, must be some subtle differences in our configurations, when I go to the "add account" it shows only the ATM card of the 1-name account and not the other one so there is nothing to add. As both the local staff ad the central helpdesk were unable to solve it I will in time just cancel the account and think TIT, anyway thanks for your input.

3 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Two accounts closed, SCB can go and <deleted> themselves.

I cant say I blame you

Whilst in my own case its entirely self inflicted (through loss of access to existing Thai registered Sim ) I cannot by any means whatsoever gain knowledge of whats actually in my account despite 9 transfers they've received over the last month

I really did think that at least verbally (via the call centre) having obviously all registered information that they'd tell me but no "solly sir"

My fault entirely but nonetheless

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Chivas said:

I cant say I blame you

Whilst in my own case its entirely self inflicted (through loss of access to existing Thai registered Sim ) I cannot by any means whatsoever gain knowledge of whats actually in my account despite 9 transfers they've received over the last month

I really did think that at least verbally (via the call centre) having obviously all registered information that they'd tell me but no "solly sir"

My fault entirely but nonetheless

And that's DESPITE the fact that they insist on holding your passport details "for security"!

• Like 1

I have a friend living overseas and he does not have a Thai SIM. (You need one for the bank apps.)

This is the response from SCB

Firstly, please allow us to apologize for this problem you experienced with using our service.

You are unable to register SCB easy application while your are in oversea because the service need to do with a Thai register sim so it can be detected a mobile operator in Thailand in order to verify information using SCB easy application.

For customers who are not in Thailand and willing to register SCB easy application, the bank is in the process to develop a system to support the application of services from abroad.

We will publicize the information to the customers again when finished.

However. you are able to use SCB debit card in ovesea for withdrawal, purchasing and online payment.

So, stop the service before you have the replacement.

Not very good SBC.

Customer Service 0/10

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/16/2023 at 8:00 PM, KhunBENQ said:

What is really annoying:

I had built up a list of known recipients in Easy Net.

This list is unknown to the app which has a separate "Favorite" list.

So much recommended:

do a printout/save the list of recipients in SCB Easy Net.

I also will miss an overview of scheduled payments on the phone app.

Or is there a solution to see these?

On 6/17/2023 at 6:14 PM, Moonlover said:

It would be impertinent of me to ask you for any details the 'dozens of people' you know who have been robbed using phone apps, although I do find this claim somewhat incredulous.

But I would ask you provide some sort of evidence regarding your comment that: 'Even the EU banks are now realizing how bad Phone security is'. I've never come across evidence support of that.

Well  one of my daughter had over £5000 stolen from her I phone banking app  for HSBC  the hackers cleared out her savings, current  and credit card account using software that was embedded in her Monzo  account   by hackers  whose accounts were seemingly in Norway ,, Monzo  helped and recovered some funds  HSBC refused to admit it was possible even though the Ombudsman  ruled against HSBC   who my daughter is still trying to recover over £2800 from and UK Ombudsman told us this is  now a major trending problem with phone apps , 

I now bank in UK with Nationwide  and Lloyds  and in Finance media  in UK and EU  they are reporting numerous cases of illegal apps installed onto phone apps that can hack accounts ..some banks are aware of this and refund quickly 

I would happily give you evidence but its my Daughters accounts  ?

I have seen  other friends and work mates have same issue  , but up to you matey   billions use the apps with no problems   but millions have been robbed  ,, it a free world but I will not trust any phone app   due to what I have seen personally.

• Thanks 2

I have spoken to SCB   most of my funds will be in another thai bank for use for transfers  and international use with full internet banking and SCB can be  for local use ,,....Apparently SCB easy will still work online for checking balances, statements and DD    but no possibililty of transfers or payment online , that has to be all done on Phone app .

10 hours ago, VBF said:

And that's DESPITE the fact that they insist on holding your passport details "for security"!

Indeed lol

Its particularly annoying as the loss of Sim access was down to me "refitting" to size for a different phone

The Sim was fine previously as obviously was the access

Edited by Chivas
  • Thumbs Up 1

Possibly mentioned in the past few pages of posts - but has anyone found a way to use the app on their phone while having a VPN installed? I got an update to the app (on Android) and now get the message "Detected Enabled Accessibility Services" - it says that I need to disable the VPN and also my phone launcher to access the app. Seems utter nonsense to me. 

On 6/25/2023 at 3:56 PM, rcjoop said:

I believe direct debits will continue to function in SCB easy internet banking. At least that's what they said.

On 6/16/2023 at 9:18 AM, MJCM said:

No email either but I just logged in there and saw the message.

Took a screenshot of it to post on here, but there is already a topic about it.

Perhaps those who dont see the message think they will have easynet and the others wont... lol, amazing how people think....

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

Indeed lol

Its particularly annoying as the loss of Sim access was down to me "refitting" to size for a different phone

The Sim was fine previously as obviously was the access

Thanks for posting that. I was considering "refitting" my Thai SIM to use in my tablet to try and get the App working here in the UK. I think perhaps i might just forget about SCB for now. I only use it for my annual 2 to 3 month "snowbird" visits anyway.

Before I make that decision, has anyone got the SCB App working, whether in Thailand or not, and THEN used it outside Thailand? I understand that may also be a problem.

6 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I have a friend living overseas and he does not have a Thai SIM. (You need one for the bank apps.)

This is the response from SCB

So, stop the service before you have the replacement.

Not very good SBC.

Customer Service 0/10

So SCB is saying that "the bank is in the process to develop a system to support the application of services from abroad."

So I hope that means I'll be able to  sign up for the App on my UK phone at some stage but TIT so I'm not that hopeful????

Given my earlier reply to @Chivas  about  "refitting" my Thai SIM, I think I'll wait and hope that this happens, whilst planning an alternative to a Thai bank account for my next trip. 

I notice that when the decision making is with SCB the overall feeling is merely hope  but when I can make my own decisions, the word plan enters the equation! I'm sure there's a moral there somewhere. ????

Edited by VBF