Lost in Translation: Thai Police reckon Japanese attempted rape claim a misunderstanding

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

looked into the incident the following day and reported that the CCTV footage had been deleted,

I guess, all the messages I received... have been recorded. ????

2 hours ago, bignok said:

Why would a woman with a boyfriend in same building want a happy ending? It is digital rape. She should go for as much $ as possible.

u seem not to be out n about much asking such a "me" biased question 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

First of all, what woman in her right mind would get a massage from a man in Japan?

Uh, nobody.  Women and men do not bathe together in Japan, much less get massages together.

In fact...

Hiyoshido Traditional Japanese Massage, Kyoto: Men are required to be massaged by men, women massaged by women.

Now why on earth would she do that in Thailand?

Where 99% of all massages are done by women or Ladyboys.

C'mon.

There's only one reason why a woman would get a massage from a man in Thailand.

She's lonely. 

And needs a man's touch, so to speak.

Use a little common sense. ????

Her boyfriend was there.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just looked up on Google and one of the results was the "Yoni Massage".

"Yoni massage is a sexual tantra practice that involves massaging the vagina, which is called yoni in Sanskrit and loosely translates to "a sacred space." Yoni massage allows you time to slowly explore your body in a more sensual way. It can help people who usually feel finished after one orgasm to achieve multiple orgasms, and it's especially beneficial for people with vaginas who have never had an orgasm. It can also be very healing for those who have suffered sexual trauma in their past because the approach and technique is all about giving — making the vagina owner feel loved, cherished, worshiped, and honored."

So there you have it. It might be a legitimate massage technique after all. Although I suspect that the masseur providing this service should really be a female unless the customer requested otherwise. And the customer MOST CERTAINLY has to provide informed consent before the massage. Perhaps this is where the misunderstanding came from. That particular shop offers a "yoni" massage, and the masseuse explained in broken English/Japanese and thought he had consent, but the Japanese woman did not understand what she was in for.

Men can also have a "testicle massage" which is offered in some Thai massage parlors and is not a sexual service. I had one once and hated it. Very painful.

• Love It 1

If I had a a baht for everytime i heard the word "misunderstanding" in LOS id be Hiso by now.

reminds me when I worked for a thai co and was the only falang...I lasted 5 months then quit...

Ooooo brainfart of the day--if the cops pull me over for no helmet my new go to will be officer this is a simple "misunderstanding" ????

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls
  • Haha 2

First of all,why is there a video footage of te massage? Then if it prooves innocence, why is that footage suddenly deleted? Again a Thai misunderstanding, helpless attempt to keep up the reputation of a corrupt county with a disfuncinal judicial system strongly based on all sorts of excusing  misunderstandings...when foreigners compain...it looks like there are two ways to go, it can be a (heavily paid) misunderstanding or it can be a severe crime in case you can't pay off the police.

Edited by pp00
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, pp00 said:

First of all,why is there a video footage of te massage? Then if it prooves innocence, why is that footage suddenly deleted? Again a Thai misunderstanding, helpless attempt to keep up the reputation of a corrupt county with a disfuncinal judicial system strongly based on all sorts of excusing  misunderstandings...when foreigners compain...it looks like there are two ways to go, it can be a (heavily paid) misunderstanding or it can be a severe crime in case you can't pay off the police.

Massage shops have video cameras in common areas where they would have explained the massage choices. Not in private rooms.

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:
8 hours ago, Gandtee said:

The officer said that without CCTV, evidence could be manipulated. There may have been a misunderstanding but we can't put our finger on it.????

But the masseuse did.

It was a masseur, not a masseuse, that's the point of the report!

Attempted rape, bad, but I am equally disturbed that the shop apparently videotapes customers getting massages.   The CCTV footage was deleted, says the article.  But, no mention, or condemnation, as to why there was CCTV footage in the first place invading the customer's privacy.

So the Japanese lady maybe got an "Unrequested Finger" and decided to Finger the Masseur (so to speak)!

Sh!t Happens, but as stated previously why did she not request a Masseuse instead prior to the alleged event?

This story STINKS!......I could say more , but....Please!... No further comments on my reply! :cheesy:

28 minutes ago, Troy Tempest said:

So the Japanese lady maybe got an "Unrequested Finger" and decided to Finger the Masseur (so to speak)!

Sh!t Happens, but as stated previously why did she not request a Masseuse instead prior to the alleged event?  

If the BIB decide to prosecute no doubt we will get a photo of the alleged assailant in custody with pixelated eyes with the Japanese lady pointing at the alleged intrusive Digit???

This story STINKS!......I could say more , but....Please!... No further comments on my reply! :cheesy:

28 minutes ago, Troy Tempest said:

Edited by Troy Tempest

On 6/16/2023 at 8:07 AM, Gandtee said:

The officer said that without CCTV, evidence could be manipulated. There may have been a misunderstanding but we can't put our finger on it.????

And WITH CCTV the video is deleted so what is the point....

On 6/16/2023 at 1:18 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The scary part is, the Thai police locally there apparently believe they can get away with making these kinds of rubbish public statements/claims, and people are supposed to believe them?  It's a farce.

They know they can get away with it.  They're protecting a Thai person and Thai tourism.  They have little regard for the Japanese women's welfare.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Whenever Iv had cause to put my finger into a greasy box whether something coated in the Good O'l Colonels blend of 11 secret herbs & spices or a willing lady who was up for some Jiggery/Pokery there was never a 'mis-communication'

LOS

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

They know they can get away with it.  They're protecting a Thai person and Thai tourism.  They have little regard for the Japanese women's welfare.

One could imagine the confusion and chaos that might develop if the situation was Thai-on-Thai.