Go-go Bar Guards on Pattaya Walking Street Allegedly Attack Russian Man Who Refused to Pay His Bill

webfact

Bouncer throwing the punch doesn't look Thai from the pictures?

It doesn't matter if he refused to pay his bill. If he was causing a nuisance then call the police. There is no excuse to just start caving someone's head in. He likely just questioned the bill and saw drinks on there he didn't have, as happens every night in these hellholes.

This kind of steroid head is just waiting for any excuse to hit someone and prove he is a hard man, when in truth most of them are weak without the juice. And even then, if they come up against someone who can box or grapple they are quickly exposed. I trust the Thai police will press charges for assault (they won't, of course). 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

What most people don’t realize is that these places are allowed to get away with these scams due to either or the police have a big interest in them or these establishments pay the police every month to do what they want when I first got here many years ago, I was sitting next to a gentleman from England and he told the bartender that one is Bill got the 6000 just stop giving drinks and he wanted to pay his bill when the bartender then gave him a bill for over 12,000 is instantly surrounded by all the cards at the bar it was made to Totally scam. TIT.

What english are you  using? Confusing sentence

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Quite right, misunderstandings do happen as does bill padding

and mistakes, i was in Windmill a few months a go ordered my first draft beer 90 baht, bill came 10 beers 900 baht, service girl eyes nearly popped out when i showed her, instantly got it removed

I blame  Don Quixote

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, JensenZ said:

You do realise people get drunk and lose track of how much they ordered and the cost thereof? They often prey on drunk customers, adding significant amounts to their tabs.

His bill was B1,975, that's all.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

What most people don’t realize is that these places are allowed to get away with these scams due to either or the police have a big interest in them or these establishments pay the police every month to do what they want when I first got here many years ago, I was sitting next to a gentleman from England and he told the bartender that one is Bill got the 6000 just stop giving drinks and he wanted to pay his bill when the bartender then gave him a bill for over 12,000 is instantly surrounded by all the cards at the bar it was made to Totally scam. TIT.

This man's bill was B1,975.

• Haha 1

He was aided by Pattaya Police after he was allegedly attacked by 2-3 guards of an unidentified go-go bar on Pattaya Walking Street at 3:30 AM today.

Sure, pull this one, it squeaks.

The only reason it's unidentified is image.png.39b9eb2bd5b12590bdfce3fc570ecb85.png

• Confused 3

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Quite right, misunderstandings do happen as does bill padding

and mistakes, i was in Windmill a few months a go ordered my first draft beer 90 baht, bill came 10 beers 900 baht, service girl eyes nearly popped out when i showed her, instantly got it removed

Not exactly trivial... had it been a bottle it could have caused a panic attack!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Which ridicules all the "rip off Gogo" posts.

1 hour ago, rwill said:

No matter what they shouldn't be allowed to beat someone unless they start fighting first.  They should be trained to detain them and call the police.

Deescalation is not exactly their style.

On the other hand they will not start a fight for just words.

The article said that the Russian tried to fight/push his way out.

That is not a good idea.

Getting physical in any way is plain stupid.

The one and only case where my bill was padded I got somewhat angry but didn't get up from my seat and told them to call the police. Mamasan taking the position of the stupid waitress without even checking what has happened.

In the end another waitress confirmed that my bill was +1 from another group.

Last visit to this bar.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

A lightweight, I've paid 6K that at a hi-so winebar in better days, it was wais all round. 

And cheaper in the long run than what this guy's put himself though. 

• Sad 2

His bill was B1,975, that's all.

This conversation has become more general in nature. Even so, 2000 baht could be a big bill for some, especially if they didn't order many drinks.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bradiston said:

Er, hello? He died in a hospital in Wales? Any links to this bizarre story?

how hard is it to copy and paste some text in google?

seems like he was trying to get away from 3 Guards
once he hit the ground they didn'y seem concerned about any payment
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7636021/Shocking-moment-retired-army-major-55-floored-fatal-punch.html

14 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

And I've been a Walking Street patron for years, have NEVER had a problem. I do check my bin every time they refresh it with a new round of drinks, so maybe they know I'm keeping my eyes on it?

Same here. It's common sense to keep an eye on one's bill. Never had a problem in Pattaya. Only time I had in Thailand was at an upstairs bar in Patpong many years ago, where they tried to charge me 3x the price of a beer. (When I wanted to pay, suddenly lights went on, exposing a sign that earlier was not visible about 'drinks actually costing 3x the announced price'...) - I just complained, paid the originally billed price, and left.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, hotchilli said:

That's all Pattaya is about, that and the girls.

Forget the family friendly bit.

Nonsense, I have friends in Pattaya they are all lovely people most of them work at the Hilton and one got her own hair saloon. 

16 hours ago, rwill said:

No matter what they shouldn't be allowed to beat someone unless they start fighting first.  They should be trained to detain them and call the police.

Try reading the thread about what actually happened, the guards, apparently, did not beat anyone, fellow foreigners did that, the guards were trying to break it up and protect him.

• Confused 2

On 6/19/2023 at 7:36 AM, Kerryd said:

I've been going to go-go bars in Thailand since 1993 and I've spent a sh*tload of money in them over the years and only once did I ever have an issue with a drink or bill.
But then again, I kept track of my bills, was friendly with the staff and never got so drunk that I could barely stand or was puking in the streets. 
When I was making "war zone money", a 4,500 baht bar bill in a go-go was a "quiet" night.

I was a regular in Soi Cowboy for over 20 years. And I mean regular. If I go down the street now guaranteed someone will still recognise me from back then.

The only time I remember being really ripped off was after I had stopped going there every night. I was going through a bad period in my life and went out with a mate who also lived in Bangkok. We ended up in the bar next to Long Gun, named after a famous Western TV show.

I let my guard down thinking I was in a 'friendly' bar as I knew the owner and I fell asleep in the front row. My mate left me sitting there too and disappeared. 

I woke up at 3am in an empty bar with a 5k bar bill. I was a wee bit drunk but not that much that I would have been buying tequilas for the girls as I very rarely do that unless I know them!

Furthermore, I queried the bill and refused to pay. Not going to go into details, but I was handcuffed to a table because I just tried to leave. The Police were called.

The girl behind the ramp knew me and said that the girls must have just been ordering drinks on my tab. I checked the bill and there was one beer on the bill and the rest shots and tequilas. I said why only one beer, I was in there for 3+ hours asleep?!? She pretty much admitted that I got diddled.

Police arrived and forced me to pay the 5k. They were sympathetic though, and obviously they were used to this type of thing happening.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1