Plea for Help: Two Thai Women Deceived and Trapped by Traffickers in India

webfact

8 minutes ago, George Bowman said:

While unfortunate what the women endured, this would have been a clue that something was amiss...

Generally, people in more remote parts of less-developed countries tend to have some fanciful ideas about how things are in the modern world.  When I lived in the sticks in Brazil at some point or another just about everyone I knew pulled me aside and quietly ask about something peculiar thing in the outside world. And they know life is astronomically more expensive.  For people making $80 per month anything with six or more figures can be beyond comprehension.

These poor girls saw all those zeroes and were knocked backwards.  Let's hear some good news.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

Generally, people in more remote parts of less-developed countries tend to have some fanciful ideas about how things are in the modern world.  When I lived in the sticks in Brazil at some point or another just about everyone I knew pulled me aside and quietly ask about something peculiar thing in the outside world. And they know life is astronomically more expensive.  For people making $80 per month anything with six or more figures can be beyond comprehension.

These poor girls saw all those zeroes and were knocked backwards.  Let's hear some good news.

Well we have TV/Facebook/newspapers....So you must be either extremely silly or you know there is more than cleaning, but you accept it, and think it is in a far away country so no one at home will know it (unlike working in a bar in Pattaya).
I think both is possible....there are silly people.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, patman30 said:

yeh, something doesn't add up here

and on June 4th they purchased the ticket.....doesn't say they fly on the same day.

opens the question on what mistakes we don't spot in articles? And with that quality who know if it was 2 woman to India or maybe 3 men to Indonesia a year ago....

How many times have we heard this?  No sympathy for those folks who ignore the reports coming out of India and other countries that exploit these folks.

Stop going to those countries for jobs!

Root cause is that they take these offers without critical thinking.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, IndomitableSpirit said:

Just because she's called "Apple" doesn't mean she's not Indian. Do you think she will give her real name given the situation!????

Stick around, you'll get it eventually! 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Joseph98765 said:

yeah....that's 101% true.... tell them how much money they will earn and they lose all their senses...even spidersense.

I really want to disagree......

Husband of a staff in the company got offered to PAY 50.000 for getting a job in South Korea where he earns a lot in a few month and comes back.

The real story ends with the payment.....he paid and they were never seen again.

They have 3 kids, he has no job that why he tried to make some money....they ended with instead of no money with -50.000.

We hired him in the company against the rules that we don't take couples.....

Hard working good people, but you could sell them a beachfront house in Laos....

It's what happens when you are taught from childhood to use your brain for wishful thinking only:

"This General Prayut is a good guy really, he makes the coup for the people, this time is different from all the other coups!"

"If I pray really hard to this rock, I will win the lottery, really!"

"If I invest my savings with this friend of my nephews third cousin twice removed, he guarantees me a 25% monthly return, really!"

"This lady promised me work in Sudan as an unskilled laborer with $3,000-$4,000 weekly wages, a really great opportunity!"

• Like 1

They closed their eyes and ears and were oblivious to common sense as soon as the daft salaries of 100,000 baht to 150,000 for cleaning rooms was mentioned.

Imagine in a country of approximately 1.3 billion people, they can't find local hotel maids!

Stupid is what stupid does and you just can't educate Pork!

On 6/27/2023 at 3:14 PM, h90 said:

I really want to disagree......

Husband of a staff in the company got offered to PAY 50.000 for getting a job in South Korea where he earns a lot in a few month and comes back.

The real story ends with the payment.....he paid and they were never seen again.

They have 3 kids, he has no job that why he tried to make some money....they ended with instead of no money with -50.000.

We hired him in the company against the rules that we don't take couples.....

Hard working good people, but you could sell them a beachfront house in Laos....

well...as you can see one side of the story is like that...they see easy money and they don't care if he is a father of 200 kids...easy money rules this country!

I met a girl and her only ambition in life was to be rich....and is not the only one. 

And can happen in every corner... how many girls out there are with some of us (lets say a 78 years old guy) and they are not happy just because of the money the foreigner provide...I see that...EVERYWHERE!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Joseph98765 said:

well...as you can see one side of the story is like that...they see easy money and they don't care if he is a father of 200 kids...easy money rules this country!

I don't see much 'easy money' to be earned in India.

Korea and Japan, maybe.

I can understand how someone might believe this kind of income is possible in New York, or London. But, New Delhi? 

The monthly cost of hiring a Full Day Maid in Kamla Nagar, New Delhi varies between ₹13,004 to ₹13,938. The actual salary may vary from one Full Day Maid to the other. It is recommended to speak with them directly about their salary expectation.

That is about $170 a month, or 5,400 baht. Survival instincts and the desire for preservation would compel the average person to research something like this first. 

https://helpersnearme.com/index/full-day-maid-in-kamla-nagar-new-delhi

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1