Thai police accused of demanding 500,000 baht from Kazakhstan suspect

webfact

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Sounds very 'pot kettle black' !

The Thai lawyer was jealous, he was ripping off the thief for far less which was (forgive the word) legal but he is being egotistical, the immigration office has many more mouths to feed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

"You have to pay the court 500,000 baht for the temporary release of the suspect. Are you convenient for that? And may I ask you straightly? Could you pay the same amount to my team?”

From the original source it sounds like 500K bail money for the court + 500K pocket money for the team.

The 500,000 is cheap in comparison to other shakedowns in the past   

1 hour ago, Muhendis said:

So first he was arrested by Pattaya police then he was apprehended by immigration police.

I'm guessing he was released on bail by Pattaya police and, whilst free to prepare his case, was picked up by immigration police.

What was he detained for by immigration police.

Guess...

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Sounds very 'pot kettle black' !

Yeah. A theith 

2 hours ago, Muhendis said:

So first he was arrested by Pattaya police then he was apprehended by immigration police.

I'm guessing he was released on bail by Pattaya police and, whilst free to prepare his case, was picked up by immigration police.

What was he detained for by immigration police.

He was a suspect in a murder case in Phuket. Seems to get around, doesn't he?

• Like 1

“You have to pay the court 500,000 baht for the temporary release of the suspect. Are you convenient for that? And may I ask you straightly? Could you pay the same amount to my team?

It is the Thai Criminal Procedure followed by the ruling court that stipulates the criteria for bond application. 

Not RTP.

The granting of bail depends on the court's discretion and analysis, not RTP. 

1 hour ago, Ironmike said:

The police are guilty I know they robbed me of 5000 because my girlfriends visa finished on the same day so there all corrupt

There have to be at least ten cops in Thailand who adhere to some sort of a code of ethics. 

23 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

There have to be at least ten cops in Thailand who adhere to some sort of a code of ethics. 

Yes. They all went to the Putin school of truth, ethics and diplomacy.

What the problem exactly,

In this U.S.A if you caught drink driving your green card/visa will be revoked.....will likely go to prison for a few months, never can return to U.S.A etc

In thailand, if you're caught, you pay 20k baht on the spot fine, and you get off with no record of the event

-- Yes it's illegal what thai police do but its much better than the alternative - being locked up in a thai jail for a few months and blacklisted from the country

Edited by hydraides
  • Love It 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

A Thai lawyer and a Kazakhstan thief accused Thai Immigration Bureau officers of demanding 500,000 baht in exchange for the temporary release of the suspect.

Sad as it is, given the choice between believing either a random "Kazakhstan thief" or a random member of the Thai police farce, I'd choose to believe the former - every single time.