Insect Warning.....Kill them, Kill them........NOW

redwood1

Type of Cockroach? Maybe German Cockroach? You can buy killer. Looks like a disc about 50mm in diameter. Used to sell in Lotus. But if bad infestation, you might be better getting a professional exterminator in such as Rentokil

image.png.956245f534ee86d96bee5b030b8d493b.png

Edited by phetphet
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Type of Cockroach? Maybe German Cockroach? You can buy killer. Looks like a disc about 50mm in diameter. Used to sell in Lotus.

Nope its not a cockroach, at least it doest not look like a cockroach.....But Raid kills them on the spot...

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I don't mind gecko shi#, they will take care of insects like that naturally.

When we lived in Bangkok, neither did I. The roaches from the drains were legion and one or two geckos were harmless.

Now we live in the boonies almost no cockroaches ( no drains )  but the geckos are legion. At any given time there might be ten or more in the house and they crap everywhere. And like us , they also get diarrhea so we are not talking a few little turds around the house but long brown streaks on the windows and walls. Every now and then we have a round up and shift all the furniture to catch as many as possible . They are then evicted to the end of the garden.

• Thumbs Up 2

We've currently got some of those maeng wee in our house, those little black flying ones that dive into your face and try go up your nose. Those are the worse bugs in Thailand, hard to kill, the electric tennis racquet won't kill them, they're so small they fly right through those things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, steven100 said:

buy some 20 baht moth balls and just put them behind cupboards, in closets, on drains and anywhere else cockroaches might hang out,  I started using them a few days ago and haven't seen any since ...   but they smell strong so don't over use them in the kitchen or bedroom,  just sparingly where they hang out.

image.png.5176cf8290d4d97945a59bb8dba26f51.png

I don't think those are supposed to be very safe for humans.

8 minutes ago, matchar said:

i'm not sure , maybe your correct ...   they don't smell so good I know that,  perhaps just use a few in the cupboards and spray with Chaindrite along the skirting floor boards and corners also. 

image.png.45885886bdfd28cd2d8c85646c881054.png

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

I have a total scorched earth policy for anything with no or multi legs in or around my house my green credentials are out of the window but my heart rate is much improved ???? 

Update my sausage dog is now on thin ice after the deposit he just left ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

have a total scorched earth policy for anything with no or multi legs in or around my house

Remind me not to take home any amputee freelancers from Nana when you're visiting my me.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

This thread is giving me the heebie jeebies. I also have a scorched earth policy when it comes to bugs of any kind. I'm intrigued by the gecko idea but it sounds like that creates another problem while it solves the first. 

22 hours ago, matchar said:

In the old days they were napthelene. Not now. The ones my wife buys at Tesco claim to be non-toxic. Check for yourself before using though.

On 7/2/2023 at 8:21 AM, phetphet said:

You might be better putting poison down for them rather than just spraying them on sight.

Non toxic version: Buy some borax powder, mix with sugar and honey in hot water (20% borax). Leave for a few days around the house in bottle tops where you find the bugs. Works great for ants as well.

You can order Borax powder from Chemipan.

You might find more info. in follopwing link even if you say not roaches.: 

https://aseannow.com/topic/919095-best-way-to-get-rid-of-cockroaches/

True, Borax works amazingly well. 

On 7/2/2023 at 8:59 AM, Denim said:

When we lived in Bangkok, neither did I. The roaches from the drains were legion and one or two geckos were harmless.

Now we live in the boonies almost no cockroaches ( no drains )  but the geckos are legion. At any given time there might be ten or more in the house and they crap everywhere. And like us , they also get diarrhea so we are not talking a few little turds around the house but long brown streaks on the windows and walls. Every now and then we have a round up and shift all the furniture to catch as many as possible . They are then evicted to the end of the garden.

Hi Denim.

Any advice on how to catch or trap them?

I attached a PVC pipe to a small plastic food container and use that to catch them.

THX

1 minute ago, CecilM said:

Hi Denim.

Any advice on how to catch or trap them?

I attached a PVC pipe to a small plastic food container and use that to catch them.

THX

Sounds like a useful tool.

Generally , a big round up requires two of us . One flushes them out the other traps them under a broom then sweeps into container.

If I see one on a wall, I try to carefully open the nearest window and then try to get them to move towards the window and out. Usually they never go in the direction I want. If they are on the ceiling I brush them off onto the floor then deliver a coup de grace before they can run. I can be a crule heartless killer sometimes.

6 minutes ago, Denim said:

Sounds like a useful tool.

Generally , a big round up requires two of us . One flushes them out the other traps them under a broom then sweeps into container.

If I see one on a wall, I try to carefully open the nearest window and then try to get them to move towards the window and out. Usually they never go in the direction I want. If they are on the ceiling I brush them off onto the floor then deliver a coup de grace before they can run. I can be a crule heartless killer sometimes.

I have seen this gecko spray on Lazada, I have no idea if its any good or not..

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/500ml-gecko-killer-i4354994543-s17355529029.html?

The gecko is gone Lizard repellent spray 500ml, lizard repellen

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

I have seen this gecko spray on Lazada, I have no idea if its any good or not..

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/500ml-gecko-killer-i4354994543-s17355529029.html?

The gecko is gone Lizard repellent spray 500ml, lizard repellen

Might give that a go , especially in places hard to access ( behind wardrobe etc ).

On 7/2/2023 at 8:01 AM, phetphet said:

Type of Cockroach? Maybe German Cockroach? You can buy killer. Looks like a disc about 50mm in diameter. Used to sell in Lotus. But if bad infestation, you might be better getting a professional exterminator in such as Rentokil

Unlikely to be the German Cockroach, it rarely visits Thailand, and certainly not a condo.