We need a serious conversation about Joe Biden’s brain !

Social Media

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It's not about better. It's about different. That you even raise this issue shows that fundamentally you agree with me. Their stances on various issues are different. I like to think that most people choose candidates because their stances on the issues are different and they think that one candidate or the other has a better stance.

Actually, the implication was that Biden is better on the issues than the rest of the GOP field.

But we could screw this particular ant (a quaint Dutch expression) until the sun goes down. Suffice to say that I hope you are right that people use the issues to make their choices.

Just now, Hanaguma said:

Actually, the implication was that Biden is better on the issues than the rest of the GOP field.

But we could screw this particular ant (a quaint Dutch expression) until the sun goes down. Suffice to say that I hope you are right that people use the issues to make their choices.

I guess you use the word implication to escape the obvious points that the issue I raised was "difference". Can you point to the sentence or phrase in which the issue of better was implied? 

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

For example, Vivek wants to economically decouple from China as fast as possible and find other places to buy their stuff. At the same time, encourage Russia to do the same. End the Ukraine war by providing security guarantees to Russia (Ukraine not joining NATO for example). Use the US military to eliminate the Mexican drug cartels that are flooding the US with fentanyl and other poisons. 

For a start. All things that Biden will not or cannot do.

So Vivek wants to undermine the US economy, make nice with Russia and abandon Ukraine (thus undermining NATO) and start a war with Mexico.

Thanks for the info.  I will certainly take it into consideration in evaluating candidates.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Or.... save the US economy from getting pressured by the Chicoms, pull Russia away from China and back into an independent state, and take steps to keep 100,000 Americans from dying due to drug overdoses.  

All depends on how you look at it. 

US dependence on the global economy doesn't allow a full and immediate disengagement from China, it would shut down our own economy.  Russia has made itself hopelessly dependent on China by demonstrating to Europe and the world that it can't be trusted as a supplier.

Using the US military on Mexico would be an act of war and idiocy; Mexico has a more legitimate claim to use its own military on the US to shut down the supply of US guns going to Mexican gangs.  Also, even if invading Mexico could stop the flow of fentanyl and other drugs from Mexico they would just come in from somewhere else.  Fentanyl is too easy to smuggle, we need to address the overdose problem here.

Never trust a politician promising quick fixes to complicated problems.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, simon43 said:

As a Brit with absolutely no interest in USA politics, I'd say that it looks/sounds like President Biden is simply displaying the gradual loss of brain function that many (most?) elderly people experience.

It's time he was replaced with his vice-president - he's simply too old and can no longer do his job effectively.

Now whether Harris is up to the job or any other US politician, all I can say is that ALL (100%) of US politicians seem to be total nutjobs anyway, similar to the majority of the US population in fact ????

I guess there are some mentally-stable and intelligent yanks out there somewhere, but IMHO few and far between!

A Brit calling yanks mentally unstable .Wouldn't you agree that that's a bit

of the pot calling the cattle back? 

Boris Johnson caught on a zipwire

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

US dependence on the global economy doesn't allow a full and immediate disengagement from China, it would shut down our own economy.  Russia has made itself hopelessly dependent on China by demonstrating to Europe and the world that it can't be trusted as a supplier.

Using the US military on Mexico would be an act of war and idiocy; Mexico has a more legitimate claim to use its own military on the US to shut down the supply of US guns going to Mexican gangs.  Also, even if invading Mexico could stop the flow of fentanyl and other drugs from Mexico they would just come in from somewhere else.  Fentanyl is too easy to smuggle, we need to address the overdose problem here.

Never trust a politician promising quick fixes to complicated problems.

Hey, on Mexico I could see a good compromise. The US agrees to stop the guns, Mexico agrees to stop the drugs.  And I wasnt talking about invasion, just a quick assassination of the top guys. No need to get so messy.   The OD problem is another, complicated situation.

As for Russia, once the war stops give them a chance to become trusted again. Putin wants stability and survivability above all else.  Give him his little chunk of Ukraine so he can declare victory at home and call it quits. This will pry him away from China- if he can sell energy to Europe all will be well again. The money being wasted on providing weapons to Ukraine could be spent on rebuilding instead. Far better than the present situation anyway.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, pedro01 said:

He's clearly suffering from some sort of disorder - it brings the whole presidency into question. 

He's not the person in charge, not a chance. 

He is old, and this is an old man syndrom, nothing special, just an old silly man. We are all going there, and sure several here suffer from same syndrome.

To old to be president, and no one should be able to try to be elected after 66 years old, meaning 74 or 75 in his 2. Term. Simple as that

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Hey, on Mexico I could see a good compromise. The US agrees to stop the guns, Mexico agrees to stop the drugs.  And I wasnt talking about invasion, just a quick assassination of the top guys. No need to get so messy.   The OD problem is another, complicated situation.

As for Russia, once the war stops give them a chance to become trusted again. Putin wants stability and survivability above all else.  Give him his little chunk of Ukraine so he can declare victory at home and call it quits. This will pry him away from China- if he can sell energy to Europe all will be well again. The money being wasted on providing weapons to Ukraine could be spent on rebuilding instead. Far better than the present situation anyway.

These are rather simplistic "solutions" to complicated problems.  First of all, do you really think the Mexican government can get the drug lords to stop selling drugs?  If they could, they already would have.  As for the Ukraine war, you're suggesting rewarding Putin for killing thousands of Ukrainians and destroying their country?  The only solution is for Putin to get out and pay for rebuilding that country.  Last estimates I heard was around $450 billion and rising.  That doesn't include the people that he's murdered.  And what makes you think Putin would even accept "a little chunk of Ukraine?"    

Edited by Berkshire
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

These are rather simplistic "solutions" to complicated problems.  First of all, do you really think the Mexican government can get the drug lords to stop selling drugs?  If they could, they already would have.  As for the Ukraine war, you're suggesting rewarding Putin for killing thousands of Ukrainians and destroying their country?  The only solution is for Putin to get out and pay for rebuilding that country.  Last estimates I heard was around $450 billion and rising.  That doesn't include the people that he's murdered.  And what makes you think Putin would even accept "a little chunk of Ukraine?"    

Not exactly the forum discussion on Biden's brain, is it? Anyway, the Mexicans haven't been given the proper incentive to stop the drug cartels.  They depend on the US economically, so use that lever and get compliance.

As for Ukraine, you are dreaming if you think Russia will pay the rebuilding costs. That would be a quarter of their GDP, if not more. Not to mention, making that demand will only strengthen Putin's resolve to win by conquering the whole country. Nah, that is a simplistic solution if I ever heard one. Getting Russia away from China is more important than Ukraine 'winning'.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Or.... save the US economy from getting pressured by the Chicoms, pull Russia away from China and back into an independent state, and take steps to keep 100,000 Americans from dying due to drug overdoses.  

All depends on how you look at it. 

First off, you've managed to deflect the conversation away from your original attempt to ask me to produce proof that Biden differed from GOP candidates on the issues.

And to anyone reasonably au courant on the issue of China, it's clear that Biden has been very tough on the Chinese. Are you really going to deny that? I look forward to your attempt to do so since I will bury it with evidence.

And exactly how would anyone pull Russia away from the Chinese? The Chinese are by far the leading manufacturing nation in the world. Russia has huge natural resources. Kind of a good fit there, no? What's more, as a basic acquaintance with economics would tell you, the geographically closer nations are, the more likely they are to trade with each other. Now what nation does Russia share a 4209.3 kilometer land border with? I'll give you a hint: it's not the USA

As for Americans dying from drug overdoses? Are there candidates out there who aren't offering more of what's been tried before? Apart from invading Mexico, that is. Which hasn't been tried lately.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

First off, you've managed to deflect the conversation away from your original attempt to ask me to produce proof that Biden differed from GOP candidates on the issues.

And to anyone reasonably au courant on the issue of China, it's clear that Biden has been very tough on the Chinese. Are you really going to deny that? I look forward to your attempt to do so since I will bury it with evidence.

And exactly how would anyone pull Russia away from the Chinese? The Chinese are by far the leading manufacturing nation in the world. Russia has huge natural resources. Kind of a good fit there, no? What's more, as a basic acquaintance with economics would tell you, the geographically closer nations are, the more likely they are to trade with each other. Now what nation does Russia share a 4209.3 kilometer land border with? I'll give you a hint: it's not the USA

As for Americans dying from drug overdoses? Are there candidates out there who aren't offering more of what's been tried before? Apart from invading Mexico, that is. Which hasn't been tried lately.

Sounding more and more like Kruschev, "you will bury me".....  might shock you, but I don't think Biden's work on China has been bad at all. A few oopses (like the balloon thing) but overall good. IMHO the CHIPS Act was a good idea, but only as a first step.  Taiwan is a key as well since so much of the world's supply comes from there.  Loweing dependence on anything from China, and encouraging production at home (or at least in friendly countries) is good policy.

The rest, listen to a Ramaswamy interview if you want to hear his take. 

Now, back to Biden's brain....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tug said:

Now there’s our little ray of sunshine spreading joy and light (sarcasm alert) I hope you never have to care for a loved one with a long painful terminal illness 

You seem to think that Hunter Biden is being cared for by Biden because of a long painful terminal illness that he doesn't have.

12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Pity that you don't know the actual story.  Hunter Biden isn't dead...got it?

Perhaps this is just an example of what might happen in the future as Biden slips more and more...

Given the Supreme Courts stance on 2nd Amendment issues, that this kind of restriction is going to be allowed.? Remember, Mexico gets it guns from private parties in the U.S. So it would also be politically suicidal for any Republicans.  You think the party that has made it a basic plank that you can't trust government is going to support severe government restrictions on gun sales to private parties?

As for a quick assassination of top guys, ya think top guys haven't been repeatedly assassinated by their rivals. You think there aren't a whole bunch of psychopaths waiting to take their place?

Thanks for the mind-reading assertions about Putin. If he wanted stability and survivability above all else, he would never have invaded Ukraine in the first place. And you seem to be utterly without information about how much the Russian economly depends on China. And not just petroleum and gas. But all sorts of natural resources. You really should look up the doctrine of "economic gravity". Your take on this subject is in complete denial of economic reality.

• Like 2

How do you propose stopping the flow of guns into Mexico when we are so enamored with easy access to guns and unrestricted carry in this country?

How do you propose to find the top guys in the drug cartels?  Once they're out, how do you propose to prevent bloody gang wars among those who want to be the new top guys?   In the past arresting or killing cartel leaders led to more violence and did little to stop the flow of drugs.

Do you think rewarding Putin for his aggression will keep him in line?  I don't.  I also don't think Europe will be inclined to renew a dependence on Russian energy exports with an opportunist like Putin.

You should go into politics; you have lots of simple solutions to complex problems.  They won't work, but they might get you elected.

• Like 1